Wednesday, June 25, 2008

About Garage Sales

As best as I can remember, I began garage sailing in junior high with my parents. We also went to flea markets, which I really enjoyed. I think one of my first collections was of cats. Little figurines, lot of them. I also have a pretty, delicate ring from a flea market that I went to with my parents. Guess I've been "green" for a few years. Today I look for Jack Russell dog items, old photos and whatever else catches my eye. Kailee goes with me on Thursday morning and she has a "good eye" and has found a turtle sand box and lots of little treasures that she loves. I have a yearly garage sale and down size my treasures. The ones that don't sell at the shop where we rent space, end up at the garage sale. On Saturday mornings, say before 7AM we are at a good estate, waiting to exchange our "pre number" for a number from the estate company that is having the sale, which opens at 9AM. Winters can be terribly cold while waiting. It's always about finding the best deal, something that we pay little for that might be worth SOOO MUCH MORE . Of course we had thought that and it wasn't worth anything. Part of the fun, the hunt, the digging, the thrill, the waiting... you get the idea. I'm still working on getting this blogging thing down. I'd love to hear from you and if you have any ideas about blogging, please share it with me. Also, Bonnie from Calamity Jane's' Cottage is a fun blog and she has been very helpful. Blessing to Bonnie. More later. Thanks for visiting. Deb

8 comments:

Glenda~Many Fond Memories said...

Welcome to blogland. It's a great place to be. You'll make friends you never thought you would from all over the country and beyond.

If your looking for a great header for your site, you may want to visit counting your blessings and she have some you can copy for free and put on the top if you wish. I think I have her link on my site.

Ciao
Glenda
P.S. I have a giveaway on my site come by an enter.

Victoria Lynn said...

Hi Deb,
Welcome to blogging and thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comments. I have met so many wonderful women through blogging. I even have a friend in my new town that I met when I still lived in Washington! We have met and are going to lunch next week. You never know where blogging can take you! Bless you today! Victoria Lynn

Counting Your Blessings said...

You're just gonna love it here! Your blog is already looking lovely. You'll have so much fun adding new things as you go. Welcome, welcome =) Blessings... Polly (p.s. stop by for the Friday Flea Market tomorrow - it's a whole bunch of garage sale gals - smiles)

Brook said...

A big welcome to blogland Deb!!!! I'm so happy for you.

You should receive your mosaic tea letters on Saturday and I hope you are happy with them.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings
Brook

Nermal and Kitty said...

I found your blog thru Victoria's blog. I remember very well being a newbie in blogland. It's amazing how quick you learn. I love garage sales too as you will notice on my blog. Hope to hear from you soon. Nerm

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

Hi Deb,
Well, welcome to the addiction of blogging. LOL!! I would love to add you to my favs. Thank you for your sweet comments. Stop by anytime.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Diana Lyn said...

Hello Deb, Thanks for stopping by. You are going to love blog land I have met the nicest Ladies, we have so much fun! NOw to the Garage sale goodies and estate sale, If you ever want to get rid of that PUG!!!!!!!!!!! I will buy it! LOL, Looks Like my Gracie, I never find those! Have a wonderful Day! Diana Lyn!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Welcome to blogland! We LOVE garage sales, yard sales, tag sales (actually any kind of sale) LOL!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa