Sunday, July 6, 2008

THE BOYS

The BOYS, Mack, Jackson Brown and Scout













This is Granddog, Chopper, one Cool pit bull who belongs to my son Aaron. Chopper thinks he's small and wants to be on your lap. He is the sweetest dog ever. Pit bulls are nice. He is proof that if you love them and treat them nice ,they are nice and love you. Chopper also loves to give Grandma, me, kisses.



















Harley is the one with 2 black ears next to Bentley in the doggy bed. Our much missed boys.
Mack and Scout by the fireplace. Top photo, watching TV on Daddy's leg is Mack with Daddy, Harley.



As you have read about, we have 3 Jack Russell terriers. Back in 1996 we adopted ourfirst Jack named him Harley. He was a sweet heart, quick learner, and our favorite. Then we adopted a girlfriend for him and her name is Mercedes. Just before her 2nd birthday, we had 6 super cute puppies. 3 boys and 3 girls. Newman, Norton, Bentley(my favorite), Shelby,Mickey and Morgan. Shortly after the puppies went to new Mom's and Dad's Mercedes was too aggressive to Harley and she went to live with a new family, as a only Dog child. We see her once in awhile:) Harley had seizures and was on medicine for months and in 2003, had 7 seizures in one day while on the meds. That was a very sad day and we decided to let Harley be at peace:( Thinking about it still brings tears to me eyes:( Before that we had rescued a stray Jack up where my sister lives in the country where people dump their unwanted pets. :( We named the new guy Scout. So living with us was, Harley, his sons Mack (aka Newman) Bentley and Scout. Then Kailee was born and Bentley became aggressive to Mack around Kailee. Bentley went to live with Eileen who loved him until he had stomach cancer last November. That was a very sad day for me, as Bentley was my boy. Tears, again. We tried and have kept in contact with the families that have our puppies. When we moved 4 years ago we had Mack and Scout. This past August we adopted Jackson Brown, so bad to 3 boys. It's been fun....Jackson Brown is also known as, Shredder as he loves to shred magazines, papers, a couple of shoes, toys, whatever was in his puppy reach. Another name he knows is Digger. As a true Jack, Jackson/Digger loves to dig, especially if he thinks a critter is there. No, Bad Dog, is another name, Barker, No Barking another name. As you can tell...he is the busy boy here. We are thinking that this will be Scout's last summer with us. He has doggy old-timer things state to happen, zones out, looks lots, eats weird things outside, etc.... The circle of life. Enjoy the pics. Also, I keep trying to add you Great Gals to my blog list. If it isn't working this time, please let me know and I'll keep trying. Mind over matter/computer. Thanks for visiting and love to hear your puppy/dog or kitty stories. Warmly, Deb

15 comments:

Jan~Feather Your Nest Antiques said...

I love your Jacks. They are adorable! I think I told you that I have a Jack granddog named Cooper. He is so sweet and sometimes a Bad Boy. We had to put down our two dogs this year...our 16 year old Silky Terrier, Buddy, and our 11 year yellow Lab, Woody. It has been a tough year!I am a true dog lover and I can tell you are too.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I loved reading about all the cut little dogs! So sweet. Sorry to hear about your older guy. I have such a hard time when it's time to say goodbye to one of my pets. They are like my children.

If you stop by my post you will see a link on the right side about an upcoming "Dog Days of Summer" show/party being put on by My Crafty Little Page.

You may be interested in joining in the fun.

It's this coming Thurs and everyone who joins will post about their dogs/cats. So it should be fun.

I'll be posting about my two dogs. You will get to meet them and learn how they came to live with me.

Hugs,
Joanne

Counting Your Blessings said...

We had a Jack Russell as our very first dog but he was always flying out the door as soon as somebody opened it. =) Blessings... Polly

Nermal and Kitty said...

I love hearing from another animal lover, particularly dogs. We have had a Newfoundland for 9 yrs now and for this past Christmas I was given 2 Shih tzu's. One of them is a paper eater also. Losing a dog is very hard, I know how you feel.
I have two grand-dogs which are pitbulls so I know they are sweet.
By the way, I'm not sure if the movie would keep your 5 yr old's attention-depends on her maturity.
luv, Nerm

GEORGIA said...

Hi Deb!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your nice comment! I will add you to my blogroll, too!

Love your four-footed family members. We have two...a 9yr old yellow lab, Riley and a new addition, 8 month old Marlee, a terrier mix! Wild times right now as they get to know each other!!

Hope you come for a visit again soon...and visit my website too!

Georgia
Grandma G's
www.grandmagscottage.com

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Deb! LOVE all your Grand doggies! So cute.....I would love to pop back and visit you again...thanks for coming by and leaving your sweet comment...I will add you to my blogroll!
Blessings,
Robin

Brook said...

Your dogs are so cute and I know that you must really enjoy and love them.

Hope you are rested from blogging!

Blessings
Brook

rosechicfriends said...

Hi Deb...Your babies are just darling. My family are cat lovers..but just like your dogs I get them being our babies in our familys, each with their own quirks and fun personalities.

Have a blessed day! Lorena

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

Love your furry family -- and they do become family members, don't they? Sometimes better than the two-legged members of our families!!

Joy said...

Love the dog photos. My brother has two pits and they are very sweet.

We have two Boston Terriers, both boys, and I have gone back and forth over getting a third, a girl. :o)

Joanne Kennedy said...

What darling "kids" you have!

Oh I hate the thought of losing a dog. I just don't understand why they have such short lifes. That's the only bad part about having a pet. Saying good bye. But I guess it's so we can give love to yet more animals as we bring them into our life.

Hugs,
Joanne

April said...

Cute blog! I'm going to add you to my favorites! I love the dogs, like your son we have a pit bull also and he is the sweetest (we have a lab too and he is just as sweet!). Your puppies are adorable!

Life on Bonnie Lane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I enjoyed seeing all your sweet Jack babies! Love that little Jackson Brown. Looks like he is still in the puppy stage!

My Jake is almost 11 now so I'm not sure how many more years he will be around. He has not lost any of his piss and vinegar though and can still jump like nobody's business! He can be aggressive at times, but is still a sweet loving little fellow.

Kady

Pearl said...

What sweet doggies! Such a touching story, too. I loved the photo of them on and near the fireplace hearth... too precious! We have 2 cats and 4 ferrets in our home... always lots of excitement with them and lots of fuzzie lovin'!

~blessings~
Pearl

chenlina said...

chenlina20160608
coach outlet clearance
true religion jeans
rolex submariner
burberry bags
fitflops
celine bags
michael kors outlet
adidas outlet
adidas uk
christian louboutin outlet
oakley outlet
longchamp outlet
mont blanc fountain pens
giuseppe zanotti
louis vuitton outlet stores
kobe 9
oakley canada
michael kors outlet
replica watches
burberry outlet
michael kors outlet store
tory burch outlet
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet
michael kors uk
adidas shoes
coach outlet
tiffany jewelry
oakley sunglasses
fitflops shoes
kate spade
adidas superstar
kate spade outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
replica watches
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
coach outlet store online clearances
as