Friday, August 1, 2008

THE 5 CENT TOUR


This tea cart is in the livingroom and was 1/2 off at an estate sale !! The painted suite case is work done by a talented girlfriend. Sorry the photos aren't that good.

This clock is in the livingroom and has a darling angel on top.It doesn't keep time that well and it's chime is terrible. I love it. Gift from husband :)

This mirror is in the "hallway" and has a couple of my basket collection. The old postcards have Jack Russell's on them. SWEET.


I had this done 2 years ago. It's above the dining room table. This also could be called the informal dining area and it's right off the tiny kitchen. Story here: The kitchen is galley type, narrow, small, you can reach the stove, sink, refrig all standing in the same spot. I call it my
"ONE BUTT KITCHEN" It keeps everyone out of my space. :):) We added the bow window when we put in the new windows and it looks at the golf course across the street. Nice view and no neighbors to peak in.


View of the living room. We have 2 fireplaces. This one is wood burning. The one in the lower level is gas. The walls are a sage green and sorry, that doesn't show up in the photo. The entire first level has beautiful hardwood floors. These were the "norm" when this house was built. Then you put carpet over them. Funny how things change.

That is the tour for today. Just thought you might like to see "me" and how I decorate. I guess it's more traditional then most of you gals. Can we still be friends? LOL . I LOVE every one's style. It's who we are. Unique, talented, one of a kind, and God's Gals. Thanks for stopping by. My computer has loved me for 2 days in a row. Awesome. Hoping to post more pic tomorrow.
Warmly, Deb









11 comments:

Janiece said...

thank you for the tour. It is fun to see your home. It looks very comfortable and peaceful.

Just Between Us Girls said...

I love the photos of your home and the beautiful hard wood floors. I wish I had all hard wood floors. We have them in the family room but they are covered with a rug and very dark. I love the color of yours. I also like the beautiful quote you have painted on the wall. So clever. You asked about the fabric on the books. I make the fabric blocks. You can find them on my listings on Ebay, Etsy and in my second blog It's A Wonderful life.
Thank you for visiting. Please come back.
Pat

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Deb:

Love the tour of your sweet home. Yes of course it it totally you and that is what makes all of God's children special. When people ask me what I like I usually tell them, "I like a potpourri, ecclectic mix of just plain ole me".

Love to you,

Debbie Kay

Kim's Treasures said...

Thank you for the tour! Your home looks so comfy! Love the hardwood floors and your treasures!
Have a great day!
Kim

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well...I guess we can still be friends. LOL I think your place is very cute and cozy. Looks like a home you can walk into and feel comfortable and loved.

Thanks for the tour. But, I wonder what we get for a dime. LOL

Hugs,
Joanne

Mrs.Kwitty said...

What a lovely home you have--so warm and inviting and full of pretty and personal details that make it truly your "nest". Love it!
Smiles, Karen

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Thanks for opening your home up to us ~ what a nice visit I had and I am so impressed with your cleaniness and artful arrangement. I must confess of all pictures on your blog I am most enamored with the whip cream one. I have also done that a few times. Blessings, Katie

A Romantic Porch said...

Your home is lovely. The hardwood floors are so shiny. xorachel

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

I loved the tour! You decorate beautifully!

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Just found you via Tootsie and so glad I did! Looks like we have lots in common first and important being JESUS! I also love garage saling, gardening and have a little booth at a little antique mall here- Loved the pictures of your home. Thanks for sharing!
:) mary

chenlina said...

chenlina20160608
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren outlet
air jordan 13
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton bags
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
adidas originals
ray ban wayfarer
jordan retro 3
louis vuitton outlet
jordan concords
nike basketball shoes
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren outlet
nike trainers uk
louis vuitton outlet
jordan 4
ray ban outlet
christian louboutin shoes
jordan 4 toro
cheap jerseys
louis vuitton bags
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
louboutin shoes
michael kors handbags
longchamp handbags
louis vuitton handbags
true religion
oakley sunglasses
polo ralph lauren
michael kors
christian louboutin shoes
jeremy scott shoes
cheap jordan shoes
coach factory outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike air max
gucci handbags
as