Monday, August 18, 2008

THE KITCHEN WINDOW

This is one of 10 windows that we are putting new trim on. I do the staining and sealing. Husband does cutting and putting up. We make a pretty good team, once in awhile there is a little "miss understanding".
The view out of this, the kitchen window is of the golf course across the street. When the leaves turn color, it's so pretty. It's nice not having no neighbors across the street. We do have GOLF Balls in our yard, almost daily. That can be a hazard. :( FORE .....

Sorry this picture is dark. It's a finished window :) View of Kitchen. Small and cozy and I do like my kitchen. I did have plates on the soffet, nothing since I painted it.. weird the type just changed and I have NO idea how that happened...
The other side of the galley kitchen.The front door is next to the counter, which I truly DO NOT LIKE. The first thing you see when you come in is the Stove...so that has to stay clean and clutter free, ALL THE TIME...The kitchen is a little over 9 x 7 with the eating/dining area off the kitchen. You can see the bow window in the eating area. I call my kitchen, the "ONE BUTT" kitchen. So only my butt is in it as there is NO room for another !!!
I did go to the races on Saturday night. NO Crashes....darn!!! It's so exciting when they Hit the Wall. That's it for tonight...see you soon and thanks for visiting and leaving me a note :)
Warmly, Deb









13 comments:

Janiece said...

heheee, I like that you go to the races for the crash...I would be just like that too!
I have a one butt kitchen too...No really!
If the oven is open it touches the dishwasher and vise vera!
Hope this finds you doing well

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Looks like you have been a busy little beaver. We need new windows so bad . Maybe we can start that next . Have a blessed day !

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh my! There's no way my kitchen could be by the front door. If my kitchen is messy and the mood strikes me to craft something or go treasure hunting, which one do you think wins? Yours looks very nice. You've inspired me to go clean my kitchen, but I'm having so much fun reading blogs . . . Twyla

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Deb...I love your kitchen...I kinda have a one butt kitchen too. It has an island in the middle and you're always scootin to get around people or kids to get to the stove or fridge. Guess I need to post pics...once I clean it!

Hugz,
Michele

Glenda~Many Fond Memories said...

Well you could start a business of collecting the golf balls and selling the back. Man, that must mean you have to hide your cars. Do, you wear a helmet when you outside ?

That's weird you kitchen next to the front door. I guess that makes it handy when you bring in the groceries. I have a one butt kitchen as well.

Ciao

BittersweetPunkin said...

I used to have a one butt kitchen too...now it fits all 4 of us...LOL.
Glad you and your Hubby work so well with the handy work!

Diane said...

Good for you guys doing your own window installation. We do almost all the work ourselves on our home.
Hugs, Diane

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Windows make such a difference. It will make it all look brand new. cherry

Nicol said...

I have felt like we have a one butt kitchen at times. I would hate that as well with the stove being the first thing you see. In my house, you can look through the livingroom to the kitchen and right there see the counter (all two feet of it) and the sink. I have to keep it clean as well.

Pink Slippers said...

That is so cute about the one butt. I knew my kitchen had a name now I know it. Thanks.

Donna Lynn said...

Good for you guys for doing your own home improvements, most people hire it out instead! We have totally done a house from top to bottom and then flipped it, that was really wonderful! We learned so much on that one...

I am with the Glenda on the golf balls collect them then sell them back to the golfers at a discount, we had friends that lived across from a golf course and their boys did this to earn money! They sometimes made a $100 dollars a shot!
Take care,
Donna Lynn

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb. You look very busy but the new windows will be wonderful and just in time for colder weather.

Don't work too hard now!!!

XO
Brook

Angie said...

Hi Deb,

That's so nice that you and hubby can work together so well! It makes a dull task like window trims go faster and smoother!

~Angie

p.s. love all your finds..that Kewpie doll is adorable!