Monday, August 11, 2008

A MIGHTY NICE MONDAY

What a nice Monday I've had. I didn't have Kailee today, day off. That was nice. So, I vacuumed the house and then thought I should have lunch at my favorite Chick place..but, wait, ...the mailman was very early and look...4 PACKAGES. I had ordered from 3 of you gals and there are 4 packages. :) Happy Dance.

This cute little vase I bought from Emily at Victorian Petals. She Added, the recipe cards and my initial "D", plus a little written Thank you. Well, THANK YOU EMILY!!

Package number 2. This very sweet and cute Posie Pocket I bought from Diane at Saturday Finds. Thank you, Diane. It's just darling :)Package #3. Wasn't expecting this sweet gift from Lorena at Rose Chick Friends. It's a darling sachet with a pin on it and a little notepad. Well, dear one, Bless Your Little Heart! That was so nice and my Blessing for today. Hugs :)
Now, this darling Scottties Dog is a gift for a friend and I hope she doesn't see it! I saw this on Jans at Feather Your Nest Antiques blog. She sell them at her antique store and was kind enough to let me buy one by mail. Thank you Jan .


Another, sweet, young gal I want to Thank, is Lindsey at Two Crazy Crafters. I noticed her new banner and asked about it. She MADE it on her OWN. So, my little brain told me that I could do that too. So I asked Lindsey and she told me how. The husband helped, just a little, and now I have a NEW BANNER, that I MADE. I think I'm going to tweak it. How knew!!??


Back to Deb's Day. I went to my favorite Chick store and had myself a great lunch. It's all homemade..Yummy. I had their 3 salad sampler with a huge POPOVER with honey butter on it. I really wanted dessert, a Special K bar and those are huge too. But, I was Stuffed. So I did a little window shopping, hoping they would have the store decorated for FALL, but No. So..that means I'll have to go back. Darn :) I also stopped at the Home Goods store and found some pretty hand towels with matching guest towels. I Love Towels. Came home and Blogged, stained the trim for the kitchen window and got 1 coat of varnish on it. Needs 3 to last a long time and resist water. Husband is showing a house tonight, so I can blog some more. I'm also working on some cards. What a great day. I hope you all had a Mighty Nice Monday too.

Warmly, Deb













24 comments:

Jan and Tom's Place said...

You did have a Mighty Nice Monday!! Lots of new Treasures!!!

Love your new header!! Very nice.

~Blessings,
Jan

Tootsie said...

you go girl!!!!

Janiece said...

Your banner is so sweet! I love it!
The scotty dog is darn cute!
What nice friends you have!

For the Love of Cottage said...

Well Happy Monday to you sweetie! You did have a wonderful day. I have a pink scottie from Jan's shop. Aren't they adorable?

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Nermal and Kitty said...

My goodness, girl, you are a whirlwind! It would take me a week to get all that done! I love to get mail too-what fun to get four!Congrats on your new banner! Who would know that you started blogging just a little while ago?
Luv, Nerm

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Wow it sounds like you had a fun day! Wish I could have been with you at the chick place. It was nice of you to mention Lindsey. She is just glad she could help. It is so fun to get goodies in the mail. Thanks for sharing your lovely day with us! Twyla

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Deb,
I really like your new banner, you did good!!!
Don't you love it when there are packages to open, with lots of treasures.
Have a great week,
Bonnie

linda said...

Any day that involves "good mail" is a mighty nice day!

Hope the rest of the week is just as nice!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

It almost looks like Christmas came to your house ! Have a blessed day !

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

You really did have a nice Monday. What great new things. That little scotty dog is sooo cute! I love getting packages in the mail and I can just imagine your excitement at seeing four!
Enjoy your day!

Kim's Treasures said...

Yay for Monday and you sure had a great one! Lunch out sounds wonderful! I thought you made a new header! Cute!
Have a wonderful Tuesday...can it beat Monday?
Kim

Kathleen Grace said...

How wonderful to get packages in the mail! Like a little bit of Christmas isn't it? Thanks for stopping by:>)

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Deb...jeesh girl...you got some good treasures! I love your new banner...ok, out with it...how did you do it? LOL.

I gotta go check out the store you got the scottie dog from...he's a cutie!

Talk to you later...and hugz,
Michele

Cottagecheap said...

What a wonderful daY! LOVE the Scottie!

Diane said...

Wow I love those days when the mail gal has to ring the bell... that means package!! Yippie ((:
The banner is just darling, it is a keeper.
Hugs, Diane

Victoria Lynn said...

Hi Deb,
Thanks for stopping by! I am crazy for that dog chair! I've never seen anything like that before. What are you going to do with it? It's really a treasure. Hope you're having a wonderful week! Blessings, Victoria Lynn

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

I love it when the mailperson brings packages ! Sounds like you had a very lovely day.
You are now entered in the August give away..(())

Brook said...

Well now that's a good thing! Enjoy your goodies.

Blessings
Brook

Sher said...

Hey, Gal! Lots of cool things but that little Scotty dog is just too darn cute!!!!

bee'nme said...

Hey Deb!

LOVE your new banner you clever girl! And my what tresures from the mail box...nothing sweeter...!

I will gladly get some notecards together for you in whatever designs you want...just let me know the design and how many...

I'll email you with the particulars...

I'm glad we found each other in Blogland...too fun!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Becky S.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh, Oh, Oh!!! I love that scotty dog pillow!!! Hmmmmm..will have to mosey over there in a sec.

Love all of your treasures and your banner looks mighty sweet! I like the little girl - looks like she has some nifty business to tend to!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day.

xo
Becky

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

Sounds like you had a great day! ...Great Food and goodies in the mail! :) All of your items were so cute! ~Rhonda

Judy said...

What a busy and fun day you had. I love your header. You did a fantastic job.

rosechicfriends said...

I sure love all of your goodies. So glad to see you buying from Jan's of Feather your Nest...oh my, you would just adore her shop...to think she is less than 2miles from my home and I get *see* it all in person! It is just the most beautfilly decorated plate with oodles of goodies for all!

Blessings...Lorena