Sunday, September 21, 2008

*********A FULL WEEK*********

Aren't these beautiful...in there own way. A bin full of gourds. These were at a road stand and I just had to take a picture. On the way to the Old Barn sale was this house built of pumpkins. How unique is that !!
Sorry these photos aren't in order. This, below is a before of a white pumpkin...

Add the famous black spray paint..........



Ta da...I also sprayed it with glitter paint and it has a nice glow about it. You can't see that in the photo. but it really looks nice and then a little ribbon and leaves...


This is the Old Barn. Isn't it cool. They have a sale once a year and I try to go. I love how they have it decorated. Lots of Halloween, Fall and Christmas treasures with some antiques. The
prices are good. It's a nice drive.

Look how pretty things are. Inside and outside. It's just a fun shop.

A good place to pick up on some new decorating ideas. I need to learn how to paint with a brush and start to paint things to make them pretty :)


Ohhhh...look what the mailman delivered to me this week...I just love surprises:) Look how pretty it's wrapped...what could it be.... It's A Gift from Twyla and Lindsey from Two Crazy Crafters. How very kind and super sweet of them.
Inside the box I found some vintage greeting cards, a handmade Nursery rhyme wall art by Lindsey, sage green coasters, blue & cream kitchen wash cloth, awesome House slippers in my favorite colors :) and a darling ceramic coin purse bank that I was lusting after. As I said that was very kind and I THANK YOU so much...it was a week brightener :)Big HUGS to you two!!
See how cute these house slippers are. Twyla sells them on her Esty !! So, you can have some too. NO..........my foot isn't that LONG...it's just I don't know how to change things once it's on the post....


Saturday we set up for the Junk Market nor far from the house. Thanks Ginger for letting us set up in front of your store that sell furniture and collectables.
Below is some of the things we were trying to sell at the Junk Market. Notice the bike that we think is from 1956.. pretty cool. We had lots of lookers, no buyers. We may try to sell it on Ebay.

Oops ............didn't realize that I put it in twice...a long blog and I missed that :)

Today I made some cards and didn't take any pics as this is one long post. Today's sermon was "walking in Jesus footsteps...following Him one step at a time and loving our neighbor. It was a sermon to take to heart. To love my neighbor, pray for them and engage with them. Bloggers are my neighbors, and I will try to do these for you. Have a great Monday. What did you do this weekend??? Warmly, Deb



































































27 comments:

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hey girl ! I LOVE the black punkin !

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Deb!
The pumpkin barn is so clever! What a great idea paining the pumpkin black, never thought of that! It looks so classy!!
Stop by, I'm having my 100th post giveaway!!
Hugs, Sherry

Cottagecheap said...

Love that silo with plants growing up it.

I have always dreamed of having a farm with an old silo and taking the top off...and makign it a cool 'hideaway' with a ladder up to to a 'secret garden' about ten feet from the top. Imagine tea up there.
As for your comment on my 'secret' blog....dont' worry I won't be having meat animals, just milkers and layers. I will sell my kids to others and thus not be in control, but I just don't have the heart to do the 'deed'. :-D We would have to be starving, I think.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you liked your stuff! Your pumpkin is beautiful, I love how shiny it is. It's true that my blogger friends are my neighbors and I'll be good to them, cause I don't like my real neighbors (oops, did I say that!). Have a wonderful week! Twyla

Joanne Kennedy said...

First I have to tell you that I really laughed out loud when I saw the slipper picture. To funny.

I love what you did with the pumpkin. Very cute!

The barn looks like a place I would love to go spend hours and lots of money at.

I love the bike you have. I would love to have one and paint it pink then put it in my yard with flowers in the basket.

Hugs,
Joanne

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ooh my goodness...thanks for taking us along to "The Barn House sale". Great pictures.

And your black pumkin turned out awesome!! I also painted something black this weekend. You'll have to come take a peek. : )
M.L.

Diana Lyn said...

Hi Deb, I thought of the black pumpkin as I saw one in Oklahoma, too cute it is! Had a wonderful time, glad to be home. Now planning our trip to England! Have a wonderful day! p.s. LOVE that bike! Xo Diana

Nancy said...

Oh I am thrilled I have found your blog! I love that Black pumpkin!!! I enjoyed seeing all that fall! I will be back often. Nancy

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

Hi Deb, I just the black pumpkin! Something new and unique! All of your fall pictures were great! And I love the old vintage bike! Great post! ~Rhonda :)

Judy said...

The pumpkin is way too cute. Good job. I just love it!!

Linda said...

What a great weekend. Cool pumpkin house and the barn looks like a fun place. Loved the punkin transformation...I'm might try that.
Enjoyed your tag...we have some things in common...I love NASCAR, makeup and I have wanted a tat. for the longest...just a tiny heart, but I'm a big chicken. Wishing you a lovely fall season...hugs, Linda

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Sis...that black pumpkin turned out so cute! What a great idea!

I was laughing so hard at the slipper picture...too funny!

I shopped this weekend too...I'm still in a slump...don't feel like doing anything. I waiting until the last minute to get my vintage halloween stuff sent out...it was supposed to go out today..ooops!

Have a great week!
Hugz,
Michele

Kim's Treasures said...

What sweet friends! Great surprises!

I really love your black pumpkin!

Have a great night!
Kim

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Oh my gosh Deb, that picture of your foot is sending me to bed laughing out loud! Well since laughter is good medicine thank you!
Love the pumpkin and your entire post!

Blessings,
Brook

Pearl said...

You did an excellent job with your sparklie black pumpkin! How pretty! And such nice presents from your friends... LOL @ the foot photo!!

So glad you've been enjoying my Vintage Eye Candy posts! I have tons more, so you'll have to stop by each day to see the new ones! Hope you enjoyed this first day of Fall... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Janiece said...

I have never seen a white pumpkin.
But, the black one is adorable! I have a pumpkin patch that we let kids come and raid each year. I think I am going to have to go grab a few and have some decor fun with.
My weekend...BLA BLA BLA

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Deb! I'm back!
What a great place that barn is. I would love to find a place like that around here. I really like what you did to that pumpkin. Mind if I use your idea?
I hope all is well with you and yours. Hugs!

Counting Your Blessings said...

That silo is just too lovely =) And your black pumpkin project turned out awfully sweet. Blessings... POlly

rosechicfriends said...

Hi Deb!
I got back last Thursday from my trip. Did your roses ever arrive? I had a great time and didn't blog...I went thru withdrawls and was glad to get home.

How are things? LOVE that pumpkin house! Cute slippers..my grams used to make those for us as kids and what a haul! You deserve it!

Hugs...blessings...Lorena

Jan and Tom's Place said...

I like the black pumpkin!!!

Thanks for the visit...I'm feeling fine now! And, while you were leaving a comment, I was posting a new post. We heard from the B&B, after several emails...they are NOT charging us the $25 cancellation fee.

YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!!

This simple Life said...

I love the black pumpkin. Is it a real one because if it's real I would have painted an ordinary orange one and left the while one alone. But thanks for the idea I think I'm going to try painting a few black.


I don't know what I am going to do with the trunk, I certainly don't need it.

Stink Bone Jones said...

I love the black spray painted pumpkin! What type of spray paint did you use?

That barn is just beautiful. Fall must be so lovely where you live.

~~Deby said...

I love the autumnal pictures...this is surely my favorite time of the year....
Deby

Somewhere In Time- Christie (yardsalequeen) said...

Hey! Thanks so much for dropping by and for all that you said too. We sell at flea markets about 3 times a year and love it too! It's alot of fun...buying and selling. Me and you have alot in common my friend. I love your pumpkins and that barn sale you went to. Looks like my kinda fun too! Bargain hunting is mine and hubby's favorite thing to do! Hope you Have a great day!
xoxo,
Queenie!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

SUch great stuff. I really like that black pumpkin. It has a wonderful shine to it. Isn't fall just gorgeous with all the beautiful colors. Off to read more of your great site.

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... Just peeking back in to see how your day is going! I have added you to my blog list; not sure why you weren't there, but you are now! God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Shanda said...

Hey there long foot. I chuckled out loud when I scrolled down and saw what you were talking about. Your foot is so funny. Thank you for a good belly laugh, you made my blogging night.
Good luck at the estate sales. I went to about 25 community sales today and found some p[retty good stuff. Lots of crafting stuff and lots of red handled kitchen utinsils. Fun day for me. I no I commited $4ooo dollars worth of traffic violation today. Speeding, uturns, pass ups and then a fast back up. Thank god no cops saw me. Ha!
See Ya,
Shanda