Friday, October 31, 2008

A FUN TAG AND SWAP GIFTS AND PROJECTS

Look at my sweet little Grand daughter...we are working on a fun little craft that a blogging friend sent, Mary at Daisy Bouquet. We are making pom pom Turkeys. We have 1 completed and have a few more to do. Kailee loves to craft, just like me :) It cute and goofy at the same time.:) this funny little Turkey


These treasures are from Christy at Sew Much Fabric,So Little Time. We were swap partners for Em's Mini Thanksgiving Swap. Em's blog is Bunch of Scrap. Christy is a sewer and made a lovely table runner for me. It's at the bottom of the photo, right side. It's reversible. She also sent fall napkins, kitchen towel, pumpkin cookie cutter with recipe, cinnamon sticks, and pumpkin spice lip gloss. THANK YOU CHRISTY...all the treasures are wonderful.



The photo below is a TAG from both Joyce on her Justified Journey and Joanne at My Little Cottage in the Making. You go to your 4th file and open the 4th picture. This photo is of Scout and me. This was taken at least 5 years ago or more. He is giving me kisses...way before he started eating poop. We rescued Scout. He was dropped off in the country, where my sister lives. Many animals are dropped of out there. She called us, (softies that we are) and he became a member of our family. We have no idea on his age...and we have had him for 9 years. He knew a few commands when we took him home. He is slowing down and having LOTS of senior moments now. I looked at the date on the file and the photo is from 2003. He is a very good boy.I am tagging these 4 gals and whoever else that would like to play. It's fun!!
1. April at Takin time to smell the flowers
2. Lorena at RoseChic Friends
3. Twyla & Lindsey at Two Crazy Craters
4. YOU....
My weekend plans are to redo the mantle for Thanksgiving, clean the house and maybe go to an estate sale or 2 tomorrow. Church on Sunday and I'd better get the family room cleaned. There is STUFF everywhere...items to mark for the booths, cards to make, laundry to put away, etc... Enjoy your weekend...Happy Pumpkin Day....boooo....Trick & Treat...
Deb




18 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

How fun to have a little one to do crafts with! I have not started my Christmas cards yet. I am having trouble coming up with an idea I like.

Happy Halloween!!!
Kim

rosechicfriends said...

Thanks Deb for the cute tag...I did get your sweet lil girly friend and I just lover her..did ya see her on the right? Also, been meaning to ask you about your roses that I sent..did you put them out?

I am doing a PINK Sat post and its also gonna be my 100th POST giveaway so be sure to some back tomorrow and sign up!

I will do my tags (I have a few and am behind) for my next post!
Thanks sweetie girl!!!

Lorena

Linda said...

What a fun and cute craft for Thanksgiving.

I'll be getting ready for Thanksgiving this weekend too....time is going so quickly. Have a Happy Halloween...hugs, Linda

countrygirl3031 said...

Awwww Deb...that's a sweet picture of you and Scout...I love puppy kisses (Bear eats his poop too..yuck). I love the pom pom turkeys..too cute!

Good luck finding treasures at the estate sales this weekend..can't wait to see what ya get!

Happy Halloween!

Hugz,
Michele

Matthew Cox said...

Love your blog, looks like your having great fun!! Be sure to announce your garage or yard sale at a free online garage or yard sale site.

Good Luck

kari and kijsa said...

Have a safe and happy Halloween!
smiles,
kari & kijsa

Nermal and Kitty said...

Thanks for your blog award-I will definitely place it with honor on my blog. Love that you are a dog kisser too! We are a special breed. Ha Nerm

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Hope you have a Happy Halloween..m..

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... Your granddaughter is so cute, and so is that lil turkey y'all made! Just loved seeing all of the treasures you got in your swap... so many nice things! I enjoyed the "tag" you did, and learning more about things in your life...

Sure was glad that you stopped by and liked the Vintage Thanksgiving Post Cards... I hope you found a few to take and use for making your beautiful cards! And... Yes!... I do have alot of Christmas images, and will soon begin to share some of them. Was there something in particular that you were searching for? Please let me know if there is, and I'd be more than happy to see if I have it in my collection for you...

Sounds like you have a whirlwind of a weekend planned... wish I had your energy! Hope all is going well... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

I'll be playing along:) Thanks for the tag! I hope your weekend went well! Talk to you soon...
April

Nancy said...

Hi Deb, thank you for stopping by! You are entered! Please come back anytime! Good Luck! Nancy

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb. You are so sweet and always leave me kind comments.

I need your address again!

XO Brook

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Those turkeys are cute! It's great that you and your granddaughter have crafting to do together.
I love the pic of you and Scout. My eldest dog has that same horrible habit. She's almost 12, and didn't start doing it til she was older (about 10) hmm. Something to think about.
Oooo, cute gifts. How great to get packages in the mail!
Enjoy your estate sales.!

Joyce said...

Your granddaughter is so sweet! That turkey is adorable!! And I love the pix of you and Scout!! I thought it was fun, too, to see what picture was 4th. I love to see what everyone comes up with!! You had a busy weekend. Hope it turned out enjoyable for you!!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Deb!
Just catching up on some visits and see that you've been busy! Love the photo of the white squirrel! We have about 3 in our neighborhood for the past couple years. So pretty aren't they? Our neighborhood his pretty squirrel friendly so they must be generations.
Hugs, Sherry

Angie said...

Love to see that you rescued an animal! That makes you an awesome person in my book!

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love this picture and had to crack up at the "before he started to eat poop" remark. To funny!

Oh and I did win the blog makeover! So thanks for your help!!

She is working on it now and said it will take awhile as she is doing everyone's blog banner in the order they signed up to follow her blog.

I can't wait to get my new blog layout. I wonder what it will look like. Sure hope I like it. LOL

THanks again!

Joanne

Em @ Bunch of Scrap said...

Great stuff, I am glad you enjoyed the swap! Nice picture of you and your dog too LOL - I have one poop eating dog that I would never kiss and the other WONT kiss... it is so funny you get close to his face, daring him to lick you and he just slowly moves his head away - maybe we have bad human breath ;)