Sunday, November 30, 2008

CHRISTMAS MANTLE AND CHRISTMAS SWAP

Here are a few of my vintage ornaments. Can you see the snowman ?? I'll show you more later.I received my Vintage Christmas Swap box from Emily at Livin' Vintage. She is a sweet collage gal. Look at all the fun treasures she sent. Just LOVE the Treasures Emily. THANK YOU!
Vintage cards, new ribbon and card stock to made cards with.

A sweet apron with a rooster on it. Look at the Pink Pin....Emily made it. I LOVE IT. Also notice the book mark. It has a FROG on it and her Mom made it for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH..!!


Oops...put the same picture in twice.....been a long weekend.



This is the bow window in the dining area. It looks at the golf course and it's all set for Christmas. I'm using the traditional Red, Green, White and Silver.




This is the mantle, also in the traditional colors.





Side view of the mantle. Kind of a fun picture. We went out and chopped down our Christmas tree today and I decorated it tonight. I'll take photos and post them later this week. I'm not finished decorating the tree. I have to put the tinsel on it.
We had our Thanksgiving on Saturday and I had 6 adults and 3 children. My son brought his girlfriend and she has two little boys so Kailee had someone to play with. Just love the turkey leftovers.
Daughter and I went shopping on Friday. I just bought what was on the list. We were done with our shopping in a couple of hours. I still have a couple of items to buy. I am almost done:)
What did you gals do??? We are having a small gathering on Saturday. I'll try to visit you all this week. I have baking to do, cleaning and a little more decorating before Saturday. Have a great week. Christmas Cheer.....Deb

17 comments:

Neabear said...

Such pretty ornaments! The decorating you have done so far looks great. So pretty. I like that scarf/lace thing you have on the mantel. I have a friend who has something similiar to that. I have always admired it.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

It looks so wonderful...m..

Twyla and Lindsey said...

As always, your mantle looks beautiful. Your window is too. You have a nack for making things look nice. I am envious of your vintage ornaments:) Have a great week! Twyla

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Everything is just beautiful!!

Miss Rhea said...

Hi Deb !! Thank You !!! I received the sweet journal, glittery sweet tag and awesomely sweet vintage hankie !! They are all so lovely !! Gosh, I feel like a big giveaway winner too !! :) Thank You, Thank You, that was SO nice and unexpected !!! I will be posting them on my blog on Tuesday :) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving !! :)

Hugs,

Rhea

Brenda said...

Every thing is beautiful and love your box of goodies.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Hi Deb! How are you doing? Seems like it's been so long since I've been here. The week was so busy! I love the decorating you've done and the I love, love, love the view from that dining room window. Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was a good one and that K had some new friends to play with.
Have a fantastic day! Hugs!

Judy said...

Such pretty ornaments and I love your mantle. It is so pretty. My fireplace is built in with no mantle and this time of year I wish it did. You did an exceptional job on yours. Have a good week.

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Sis ~ I love all the treasures you got from Emily...lucky girl! Your house looks beautiful..I still haven't gotten the Christmas decorations out...just not feeling in the mood to decorate these days!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Raggedy Girl said...

Hi Deb:
I stopped by to visit and how nice to see your festive decorations. I too love the turkey leftovers and am sad to say that I ate my last turkey and stuffing sandwich yesterday. Oh well time to move on. The view from your dining room is pretty and I loved the raindeer.
Roberta Anne

Janet, said...

I love your vintage ornaments. I have accumulated some and with a few of them I decorated a pine wreath to hang on the wall.

Janiece said...

Very, Very Pretty

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Pretty vintage ornaments Deb. Joy letters will soon be on the way with a little surprise for you.

Have fun decorating!

Love,
Brook

cityfarmer said...

yes I did get your email...I sent one back.
anywho

your home says come on in!!!

I started collecting vintage ornaments about 30 years ago and have quite a stash.

xoxox

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Deb:

Sweet ornaments and I love your mantle. I am working on getting my decorating done but life is in the way right now. Love ya and thank you for your prayers.

Debbie Kay

Kim's Treasures said...

Your house is looking very Christmas-sy! Very nice!

Nice swap you received! I haven't seen many vintage ornaments while I've been out.

Hope all is well! After Christmas I will have more time to visit more often again!

Have a great day!
Kim

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I clicked on your mantle and bay window so I could see the details better. Very pretty!!! I love all your bright, shiny pillar candles and all the oversized round bulbs. Great job!!
Looking forward to seeing your Christmas tree.