Sunday, November 2, 2008

THE WEEKEND AND CONTENTMENT

This is my Godson, Zach. He is ready for a costume party that my son was giving. I haven't seen Zach in years. He is awesome. I'm not sure what he was...His folks stopped by also and we had a nice visit. They live up "north".

These are the goodies for resale that I found at the estate sale that we went to. They had LOTS of old Avon for cheap..

Also this very Victorian tea pot, sugar and creamer. They need to be polished and I'll look them up to see if they have any value. There are marking on the bottom and a date that say l896. Could it be Valuable??!!


Below, little Kailee, a Hippie, for Trick and Treating, and Jackson Brown hind end...he is always checking things out. The weather was wonderful for trick & treating. Warm and sunny.





Have you ever seen a blue turkey platter??? Me, either. I also need to look this up. It's part of my decorations. Not for sale.





Thanksgiving decorations on the bow window that faces the golf course. Too much glare so you can't see things very well.



The Thanksgiving Mantle. I have 2 turkey plates with a few other things. I moved a couple of items from the bow window and put them on the mantle.The pumpkin on the clock has a little saying. which I have just forgot...something about Thanksgiving Blessings..















More turkeys and decorations.
















I was checking out blog land and found this blog: http://megardengal.blogspot.com/ her name is Mary and she is doing a 30 day of Contentment Therapy. This is something that I need to do daily, be content. Sometimes after visiting blogs, I have ENVY. It might be some treasure that I would love to have or a trip that I would love to go on...sometimes I run out and buy myself a treasure because I saw it on a blog. Of course it's beautiful and would look great in my home, BUT, I have plenty of treasures, more than I can display. Contentment....that's what it's about. To be Happy with what I already have. Appreciate what I already have. Enjoy what I already have....Be Thankful for what I already have. With that said, it's my goal to try to be content with all that I have and Thank God for all He has given me. Go ahead and check out Mary's blog.


I am working on a little giveaway for my 100th post, which I see was my last post. I forgot to keep track of that. Oops...time gets away from me. I better check out my goodie box and find some goodies to giveaway and take some photos of the treasures for someone to receive. What did you do this weekend??Warmly, Deb

26 comments:

Glenda said...

Your mantel looks great. I love the clock. Did you ever find out if it works ?

You just never know when you'll find something different like the blue plate it's wonderful.


Ciao

Joanne Kennedy said...

You always do your place so cute for the holidays!

Love the blue plate for Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Joanne

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Let us know what your tea set is worth. I love it ! Like your turkey vignette too.

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Big Sis ~ Oooooo, I just love all your decorations! Your house looks so cute!

I love old Avon bottles...brings back some memories!

That's a great picture of you and your godson!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Joyce said...

You are so right about contentment. I look at some of these beautiful blogs and also get envious of how well others do things, but when I look around at what I have then I think it looks pretty good too. That grass is always greener, right?

Your mantel is beautiful! Your decorations are very pretty. You did a very nice job!!

Hilda said...

Your home looks lovely decorated for Thanksgiving!!
Take care,
Hilda

Chris said...

Girl, it looks like your ready for Thanksgiving to arrive. The blue turkey plate is pretty.

Hugs,
Chris

Judy said...

Hi Deb, I love your mantle. It is really pretty. The tea set is awesome. I wonder if it is valuable. I'm about ready for my 100th post too!! How exciting.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I have an award for you. Stop by and pick it up.

Hugs,
Joanne

Kim's Treasures said...

Pretty mantle!!! You should do well selling the Avon bottles!

emily said...

Love what you did with your mantel! I'll have to get my turkeys out too!
emily

Brenda said...

I love your mantel. The plates are beautiful.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Deb my friend I love the blue Turkey Platter. I have never seen one like that before. It is so stunning. Have a wonderful week..m..

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You are too funny! I actually read your post yesterday and just realized I didn't leave a comment! I love your beautiful mantle. All the talk of contentment is very thought provoking. I am content with what I have. Why do I want more? I think I better go read that blog. Thanks! Twyla

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

The mantle looks great and look at all those finds! Looks like your godson was a "rockstar"? lol
All those turkeys! gobble gobble! That blue platter is a great find! It really pops

LillyB said...

Everything looks great!!
God Bless you!!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great turkey platter! I would hold onto it too! :) The victorian tea set is cute too! Your home is just beautiful! ~Rhonda :)

Nermal and Kitty said...

Hi Deb-I really like what you did on your mantel esp. what looks like corn shucks at the rt. end. Very fall & Thanksgiving-y. Boy, oh, boy, is that contentment thing right on or what? I'm going to her blog to check it out. Thanks for sharing. Nerm

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Hi Deb...

Once again...everything looks beautiful!! The Avon bottles are wonderful!

Looks like you've been busy, while I was away...catching up always takes a while! LOL!!

~Blessings,
Jan

cityfarmer said...

hope you are enjoying this wonderful autumn...

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I got my sweet box of gooodies. I love them all that is the most awesome turkey candle holder ever....Thanks so much...m..

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... I always enjoy visiting your beautiful blog home! I ♥ your awesome collection of Turkey's... I've never seen a blue platter like yours, either... I'm so glad you got a visit from your Godson... This was such a ♥heartwarming post... I hope you're doing well... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Pink Slippers said...

Love the Turkey plates. I would love to find those at one of my local stores.

Somewhere In Time- Christie (yardsalequeen) said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by to check on me and my painting project....honey I needed checking on and I needed all the encouragement I could get! LOL! Thanks friend! I'm done for now on the inside painting project. Whew! I am glad.

I sure love all of your finds and that mantle looks beautiful all dressed up for Thanksgiving....the blog you mentioned sounds wonderful....I think we could all pray for more contentment...It sounds like a great blog. Maybe I will check it out when I get finished visiting everybody. Have a great night and weekend!
xoxo,
Queenie

Janet, said...

I love your Thanksgiving decorations. I love platters of all kinds. I got a purple transfer ware turkey platter at a yard sale once, I just love it. Love all your turkeys and your platter.

Neabear said...

I have that exact same green boot from Avon. I put it out during the xmas holidays.