Sunday, December 14, 2008

CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS

My daughter and Granddaughter went to church with me today. That is a Christmas Blessing !!! The computer isn't uploading tonight:( I want to show you something special that I rec'd this past week. But...you will have to wait until the computer is working. It will let me show you items from another file...so this is it for tonight.

I worked at HQ on Saturday, my 4 hour shift and then we went to a friends home for dinner:)
Thursday I went to the thrift store and found items to resale. Yesterday we went to 2 estate sales and you will have to wait to see what we found...nothing too exciting.

A BIG winter storm with ice is coming tonight thru tomorrow. Guess I'll stay home, safe and sound and make some treats for the cookie exchange that is tomorrow night. I'm making the turtle candy and will leave you with the recipe.

CHRISTMAS TURTLES
Preheat oven to 250
Spray cookie sheet with Pam
Place Square pretzels on cookie sheet
Top with Rolo
Bake for 5 minutes
Remove from oven and top Rolo with half Pecan or Cashew
Let cool ( I put them in the porch to cool) remove from cookie sheet.
Store in airtight container.
ENJOY
CHRISTMAS *** JOY *** TO YOU.
Deb

16 comments:

Connie said...

Sounds yummy, chickee, but if I baked I'd weight 500 pounds!!!!!
Smooches, ;-)
Connie

Sue said...

HI!
Just stumbled across your blog and wanted to tell you I am so glad your daughter and granddaughter went to church with you today!

I have been praying for my daughter to be able to go with me for Christmas Eve services...but more importantly, to just start going to church!

Have a great week!

Barb said...

Oooh. Sounds like a great recipe!
Thanks for sharing it.
Barbara Jean

Vera said...

It is a blessing to have your children go to church, I have one that goes and five that don't. going to keep praying, can't give up.

Oh, and the turtles sound good too.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad they went to church with you! Your recipe looks so good and easy. I'll have to try them. Merry Christmas! Twyla

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Wow how simple can it get!! I will have to try that recipe! I just finished making 2 batches of cranberry caramel corn and 10 small loves of Buttermilk Banana Bread-

blessings
mary

Chris said...

Loving that recipe, i'll copy that into my recipe folder. Bet the grands will love that.Thanks.

Hugs,
Chris

Judy said...

Hi Deb, They sound wodnerful I can hardly wait to try them. And to see your goodies. Have a great day!

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Sis ~ I love that turtle recipe...but whenever I make it, everyone else eats it...which I guess is a good thing..at least it doesn't go to my hips!

Did you guys have the ice storm? We did and this morning was horrible driving to work. Took us 1/2 hour to get the ice to even melt off the windshield!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Neabear said...

I hope you are safe from the storm. The weather is extra cold here in California also. Colder than usual it seams. I'm dressing in layers. What a blessing that your daughter and granddaughter went to church with you. That is so nice.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Package is in the mail. I am so sorry it is late. So much going on here...m..

Donna Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit, I have been AWOL far too long from blogland and am going to try and be better now that my life is starting to return to normal.
We are having very cold awful weather here with...gulp, snow! YUK!

Thanks for sharing the recipe BTW,
hope your week is truly blessed.
XO,
Donna Lynn

Barb said...

Deb,
Wanted to thank you for coming by.
I am so sorry to hear about your FIL.
One day at a time for all of us, I guess.

The lace on the buffet is not the cloth my Mom crocheted for me. I need to load the photos yet.
That is a pretty one, but just a garage sale find. (it has holes in the back side of it, but sho would know if I didn't just tell them.)
=0)
Take care I'll be checking back.

Barbara Jean

LillyB said...

These sound wonderful!! Come over to my blog I have an award for you!!
xoxo

Kim's Treasures said...

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card! Unfortunately, I won't be getting to my cards : ( sorry!

Thank you for your sweet comments about my dad!

Have a wonderful day!
Kim

Margaret Cloud said...

I can't wait to see what you bought, we don't seem to have a lot of estate sales lately. Those turtles sound yummy. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.