Thursday, December 18, 2008

CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP and 5 THINGS

Pretty snowfall on the evergreen tree in the back yard. I joined Jan' & Tom's Christmas Card Swap and below are the cards that I received. Each person was to send something that would fit in the envelope. I'll try to get the right name with the card.

These 2 cards above , L-R, are from Cary at A New Path For Me and Megan at Wondering DC
Fun treasures to make the holiday special.
These are from Barb at Cinnamon Girl 93, Sandy at Faerie Wysperer and Michelle at Michelle Palmer Art. Lots of fun and little treasures that I can use for my cards.



This one is from Lolly at Lolly's Nest Egg. More fun embellishments. THANK YOU GALS. I Love to send and receive mail.It was FUN. Merry Christmas.



In the above photo are some treasure we found at the estate sale last weekend. We went on the 2nd day and all these items were 1/2 off...Yippee..




I'm loving the bottles and have a few ideas for them. The autograph book was boughten awhile back and it's SO awesome. The handwriting is so beautiful. Sorry I didn't show you that. The candle stick holder will be painted white when I can spray paint again. Kinda COLD here.



Look at this beautiful gown. Handmade with a matching hat and a photo of "Phyllis" wearing it. I just can't believe no family member wanted it. This was only $4.00...






This fun Christmas Spirit is from Miss Lilly. Thank you Lilly. I am to list
5 Things I Love About Christmas.
1. It's Jesus birthday...:)
2. Christmas lights both inside and outside. So pretty.
3. Christmas cards and letters. I so love mail and am glad that I have some pen pals:)
4. Fresh snow...since we have a golf course across the street...when it snows it look so peaceful and very pretty.
5. People... they seem to be happier, smile more and have just a little more kindness in them.
What about you??? Go ahead and take this Christmas Spirit and list your favorites things.
Off the see what's going on with you. Are you all ready for Christmas?? I have all the gifts boughten and just have a couple to wrap and a couple of cards to get in the mail. Then I'm going to look at the pretty light, maybe have some hot chocolate, watch a Christmas movie and enjoy:)
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
Deb
Thank you Twyla and Lindsey:)
I haven't received a couple of cards from the swap and had to get this post done. If I receive them I'll post about them at some point. I hope you gals understand. This post took me 2 hours to up load the photos...again...don't like dial-up... but happy to have a computer and finally post.

















21 comments:

Jan and Tom said...

Hi Deb...

Thanks for coming by tonite.

It sure was fun doing the Christmas Card Swap, wasn't it? I had a GREAT time. I know some of us are missing cards. I talked with everyone and they all say they got sent out.

It looks like you did GREAT antiquing too!

~Blessings,
Jan

Janet, said...

Hi, I agree with you. I can't believe the family sold the baby picture and gown. They are beautiful. I would love to have a family heirloom like that to cherish.

Raggedy Girl said...

I have a very old baby dress hanging on the wall of the grandchildren's room. When I put my great grand daughter down for a nap she always says..."See the babies dress" And then I say... "God Bless you while you sleep, my baby girl.
Roberta Anne

Jan and Tom said...

Hi Deb...

I just had a thought! Didn't you receive MY card and angel? I don't see it pictured...and I know you're short a couple of cards.

Just wondering,
Jan

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

The card swap looks like fun.
Oh, those treasures you found!!
Especially that sweet dress and photo!
:)
~Becca~

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Love those old purfume bottles....would love to display those babies! That is a cool idea with the card swap! I did the vintage christmas swap and it was a lot of fun. Merry CHRISTmas, cherry

Chris said...

The card swap sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I lived closer to you, I'd love to go to the estates sales with you.

Hugs,
Chris

Angie said...

I so hear you about dial-up! I sometimes can make dinner while a page is loading..lol! I cannot believe the family sold that dress...wow..I would never part with a christening gown! And to have a picture with it..so neat! I hope you are staying warm there..we had a huge ice storm last night..but power is still on! I did not have good luck with swaps..2 of my partners didn't even send me anything..so I am not doing any swaps anymore. I hope you receive all of yours! And, I love the cards you received!

Kathleen Grace said...

What pretty cards and cute little extras tucked inside. I still don't have my Christmas cards finished this year. You got some great deals at the estate sale too:>)

AwtemNymf said...

Blopping around J&T's Christmas Card swap! I'm happy my card & handmade gift tags arrived! Enjoy!
Wasn't this a fun swap! I loved it! :O)
Happy Holidays! Stay warm!
Plus- you've got some great vintage & antique's! I love the perfume bottles and crystals!

This simple Life said...

Hi hun, Thanks for coming by to wish me a merry Christmas. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday.

Margaret Cloud said...

Hi Deb, I am with you about the dress, but people do not treasure things like they use to, too bad. I always envy you and your estate sales, we don't have too many here and for some reason they stop in the winter months.

emily said...

That baby gown is so adorable! Good find! The card swap sounds like a great time!!
~emily

Holly said...

Hi, Deb! Like everyone else, I love the dress. How special to have a photo of it, too!

Ready for Christmas? No way1 I'll always be doing things up until the last minute because I think it's fun!

~ hearts ~

Counting Your Blessings said...

We had some DNS trouble the day before yesterday and I was again remembering why I'm so thankful to have a working computer =)

Have a beautiful Christmas. Blessings... Polly

Michelle said...

Hi Deb ~ Looks like you found some great things! Love all those cards you've received :)

Like you, I enjoy giving and receiving mail :) I sent out many more cards than we've received this year but that's fine; I think it's understandable with things being economically tough, don't you?

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2009!

Hugs,
Michelle

Linda said...

You did find some great things at the sale and I love all the neat cards. The picture of the snow on the pine tree I think could be made into a lovely card. I liked reading your five things and I agree totally. Christmas hugs, Linda

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Deb! You sure deserved the Christmas Spirit award. I loved your estate sale finds! You know what my eye immediately went to - that sweet little kittie figurine and the autograph book like I collect. Aren't they fascinating? I hope you and your family are having a warm, happy and safe Christmas holiday! Twyla

Glenda said...

What a pretty little gown that is.

I hope your Holiday is a wonderful day.

Ciao

Michelle Palmer said...

Wishing you a beautiful Christmas...Best wishes for all that is wonderful in 2009!
Michelle

Nermal and Kitty said...

Lucky you, getting all those goodies-esp. that christening gown and the candle holder with crystals. I'm so jealous of your snow-it's rare here in Tenn. and we always pray for it-ha, ha.
Merry Christmas! Nerm