Sunday, December 7, 2008

CHRISTMAS JOY - AWARD - AND MORE

Christmas J O Y ..... aren't they beautiful!!! Brook at The House That Love Built made these and I was able to purchase them from her. She is a very sweet and talented woman and friend. I just LOVE them. The photo doesn't show how lovely they are. JOY reminds me of J- Jesus O- Only
Y- You and I will keep these letters us all the time. After Christmas they will go in my china cabinet. Blessing to you Brook. We had a small gathering on Saturday evening. Friday I made a Red Velvet cake and Jackson Brown sooo wanted a taste. NO...he didn't have any.
Here is the table all ready for the party with one of the Christmas table clothes on it. We had a few couples over and all good time was had by all. Since my husband is self-employeed we don't go to any "work" Christmas parties, so I have a small one at our home.

The Tea cart also has a vintage cloth on it as well as the food. I made deviled eggs, shrimp tarts, meatball, Tea cakes, turtle pretzel candy and the Red Velvet cake...yummy I must say :)



Turtles and Tea Cakes....very easy to make. I made the Tea cakes with the recipe from Joanne at My Little Cottage in the Making. My recipe was a little different from hers and I must say, Her recipe is very good and I'll use that one from now on. THANK YOU Joanne :)



Below are some finds from the estate sale we went to on Friday. It was a huge home in a very la-la neighborhood. He was a Doctor and kept everything. We were number 76 and 77 to get into the home. It was a "digger's" sale and so I was a digging.




So cute Valentines, old greeting cards, hats, playing cards, old bowls and so much more. Husband found some old toys. We went back Saturday and almost everything was GONE...a couple of dealers bought out 2 WHOLE ROOMS....late on Friday. That is hardly ever done and tells us the deals were great.












Love the old little sewing box and it still has embroidering items in it:) Guess he didn't get rid of anything after his wife passed on. So, lucky me.







I can't wait to finish these kitchen towels:)



BELATED AWARD GIVEN TO ME




This belated Award is from Cindi at This Is My Life and I am so SORRY that I didn't THANK her in November when she gave it to me. I had forgotten :( I am to list 5 Fabulous Addictions ..
So here goes:
1. Estate sales, garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets, antique stores
2. Chocolate....
3. Decorating magazines, books and card making ideas
4. Vintage papers...Cards, Valentines, Stationery and linens
5. .....Blogging....just ask my husband:)
Now I am to give it to 5 other bloggers, and you KNOW me, so you all can have it and list your 5 Fabulous Addictions. It will be fun to read them. Again, Thank You Cindi and I am so SORRY that I forgot...
How are your Christmas plans, decorating, baking, etc coming along??? This week won't be so hectic for me, Hurray!!! Thanks for visiting me. Always love to hear from you. Blessings!!
CHRISTMAS JOY TO YOU.
deb









30 comments:

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi Deb,I read the JOY meaning somewhere here in blogland the other day. I love it ! And I like your embroidery pieces you got.I have an embroidery project I bought to do after Christmas. I got a feeling it's going to be a long winter. Maybe it will help to pass the time away some.Like I got lots of it ! Ha !

Claudie said...

I just adore the little sewing box. All your embroidery is beautiful.
Claudie from Canada

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What great letters and the meaning is so appropriate :0). Love that!
Down JB, down! I'll sneak a bit of meatball to you later on...shhh! Don't tell Momma Deb.
Wow, what finds you make at those estate sales..good for you.
I love that little sewing box...so cute!
Well, I have to say, going back to the food, that the spread looks mighty tasty. I love all that you provided..especially the meatballs and shrimp :) (lips smacking!)

Chris said...

Another nice find you got there, my dear. And your menu for the party sounds devine.

Hugs,
Chris

Janet, said...

I love your finds and the food looks delicious!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I just knew you'd make delicious food like that. I would have pigged out! I am very envious of that sewing box you got at the estate sale. That sort of thing makes me weak in the knees. Hope you have a super week! Twyla

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

The tables look so pretty and the food sounds and looks so yummy...M.

Simply Dandy said...

Hi Deb...
So you're the one who bought those letters. This is too funny! As soon as I saw them, I wanted them because they had red in them and they were already sold. But that's okay cuz I know you must have really wanted them. They are so pretty. Jackson Browne is cracking me up!!!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Judy said...

Hi Deb, I love the sewing box and all the other goodies your found. Lucky girl!! JOY is so pretty. Have fun embroidering the pretty towels.

Tootsie said...

I can't wait to see the finished towels! the goodies are all very nice and look yummy!

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Sis ~ I love the JOY letters...very beautiful! You always find such great stuff at estate sales...I sooooo wish we lived closer!

So glad your party was a hit...the food looks delish! Jackson Browne is such a cutie...I wanna just hug him!

Love,
Lil Sis

Angie said...

I love your JOY letters! Beautiful job she did! I sure wish I was your neighbor when I saw all the goodies on your table..mmmmm..looks like a nice time was had! I received your Christmas card today..thank you sooo much! The hankie was such a wonderful surprise, too...you are so sweet!

Love, Angie

Miss Rhea said...

Hi Deb :) I LOVE the mosaic !! It is just beautiful !! Brook does beautiful work :) Your party looks so fun !! All of those yummy goodies :) I Love your vintage tablecloth :) Cant wait to see your finished towels. I am hoping to make the time for some embroidery this year as well :) Hope you are having a great week :) I really want to thank you again, that was truly so thoughtful and I will be writing down my Blessings in that pretty Journal and one of them is YOU !! :)

Raggedy Girl said...

Deb:
Your party looks lovely. Love the vintage table cloth. The puppy wonders where his plate is?
Roberta Anne

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Oh how fun to do those sweet embroidered pieces!!!

blessings
mary

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Love your joy sign...beautfiul..and your finds are wonderful. cherry

Glenda said...

Hey Deb

JOY turned out great.

I would have eaten all of those deviled eggs, they are a weakness of mine.

Ciao

LillyB said...

Hi Deb! WOW! Some GREAT finds! You lucky girl!!! And it looks like you had some great food for the get together!
Red Velvet brings back so many memories of my great grandmother painstakingly making them the old fashion way, and me licking the beaters! It is still my favorite today, but I cheat and use a mix!
Looks like you have some projects to carry you into the New Year too!!
Have a great day!!

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Good boy, Jackson Brown...the food is for the guests!!!

Congrats on the award Deb.

Again...such "beauties" you have.

~Blessings,
Jan

Joyce said...

Hi Deb! Your party looks like it was so nice. I have to check out Joanne's tea cake recipe. I've made other things she has shared and Joanne definitely has some good recipes!! I LOVE the JOY letters and you got great finds at that estate sale. You always find the neatest things!!

I finally thanked you for the surprise give-away I won from you in a post. I can't believe how the time slipped away. I'm sorry it took me so long, but believe that I really did appreciate it and I love everything!!! You are wonderful!!!

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... As always, another FUN and pretty post from you! Loved how things looked for your party... it must have been a good time... And, of course, I loved seeing your recent treasures... the teeny polka-dotted bunnie is sweet... and the Santa playing cards are awesome! The thing(s) I loved most were the towels to be embroidered and the Vintage Transfer Patterns... Oh My! I have a collection of them, small, but a collection none-the-less! I really ♥ those old designs... they look great on so many different projects... Hope your week is off to a great start... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Pearl said...

Me... again... LOL

Of course I forgot something... wanted to say how much I like your new Banner... very festive!

And...

CONGRATULATIONS on your recent award... very well deserved, and so very kind 'n gracious of you to share 'n pass it along! God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb,
I stopped to say hello and thank you for the beautiful Christmas card that I received today!!

Your gathering looks like such fun! It is cold here.

Winter blessings,
Brook

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh I love that lil sewing box too...what a great find!

Love your JOY too.

Hugs,
robin

Emily said...

Hi Deb!! I have A LOT of glassware in my booth, and that's always a big seller. My linens tend to go pretty fast as well. But, I kinda cheat, and look around at the other booth's and their prices and mark my stuff a dollar or two cheaper, depending on the item... This always helps too. I rent a very small space, and it is jam packed full of stuff, so somtimes I think its hard for customers to spot stuff. Tomorrow I am going in to rearrange everything and add even more hehe!! How about you, what sells good by you??

Holly said...

Hi, Deb! I'm pretty sure we've met before but if not- I'm Holly.

Your Christmas party looked fun. Love the candy canes on your table cloth.

Do you know I've never been to an estate sale? I'm going to have to check one out sometime!

I'd love for you to come and visit me at my brand new- just for girls blog.

Linda said...

Your Christmas gathering sound like fun and all your treats look so yummy. I've been wanting to make a red velvet cake...maybe for Christmas day...they are so delish.
I like you JOY and especially the meaning attached to each lettter...hugs, Linda

P.S. Love the sewing box and the goodies inside.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, the JOY letters are just beautiful! And red velvet cake, that is my favorite!!! :) All of your food looks delicious! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Leon Basin said...

That looks wonderful.

Somewhere In Time- Christie (Queenie) said...

The party looks so yummy and fun! Congrats on your awards!
xoxo,
Queenie
P.S. thank you so much for the card...It's precious and I'll keep it forever! a big hug to ya sweetie!