Friday, December 26, 2008

A LOOK AT CHRISTMAS

Christmas morning and Kailee with one of her gifts. She is into "Hannah Montana".
Simple Christmas table waiting for the family to come for Brunch. I made the easy egg bake that you can make the night before. We also have a tea cake and that recipe was from Brook...and I realized that I didn't add enough eggs, and it was still yummy:)

My husband isn't fond of having his picture taken and we both are going to change our eating habits after seeing that pictures don't LIE about our weight....


My Little Family on Christmas morning. :)



Chopper with his gifts, trying to keep them away from the "Boys"....too cute. Chopper has to share all his toys at his house as the other dog that live there takes his toys away from him all the time and destroys them. He is the gentle one in the group. He has a kind heart for a dog. You should see him play with little Jackson Brown....Chopper just lets the little guy bug him and walks away when he is done playing. They also wrestle and no one gets hurt. Chopper lets Jackson "pin" him down. I should take a video of that:)









Kailee and I went to see Santa on Tuesday morning. She had to tell him what she would like for Christmas....she said.."craft stuff and a cooking set". She did get some craft kits, but no cooking set. She didn't seem to mind on Christmas morning that there wasn't a cooking set.
Christmas Eve we go to my husband's side and it's a little crazy for me. He has a large family. His Mom & Dad didn't make it over as FIL wasn't feeling well. We stopped by today and he is feeling much better. He had a little reaction from the meds, not the chemo, yet....we hope.
Christmas morning my kids come over and we have a little brunch, open gifts, then head over to my Mom's where my 2 sister's and their families. We have lunch and then more gifts. This year the adults payed the dice game. We each brought a gift, wrapped and then when you shake a double, you take a gift. When everyone has a gift, you show the others and set the timer and when you get a double you can take someones gift( but they get yours). I got Grinch boxers... and I'll save them for next year's game... :)
For New Year's Eve, we just stay home. My husband goes to bed early as his first job, he has to be there at 4:30AM so he is tired by 8:00 PM. It's fine as I had my "PARTY" days:)
Tomorrow I'm taking down the Christmas tree and putting away all the decorations and get the house back in order. Maybe I'll keep the mantle decorations up for a little longer. I love the white lights on the mantle.
Have a great weekend. Hope to see some of your Christmas celebrations. PEACE, LOVE and JOY.
Deb






17 comments:

Sandra~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Your funny about the weight issue..I know I have to get started too..
Your pictures were fun to look at. Thanks for sharing.

Janiece said...

What wonderful pictures!
Best wishes as the new year is just around the corner

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Sounds like such a wonderful time was had by all!!! Merry Christmas...m..

Chris said...

That's a beautiful photo of you and hubby.And all the rest of the photos were nice to. We're going to have a quite New Years this year too. Every year we go on a trip or to a party and this year I just wanted to be home. :)

Hugs,
Chris

Sher said...

You are surely your worst critic! Thanks for posting your pics, I always enjoy looking at them! Have a safe and happy New Year!
Hugs,
Sher

Neabear said...

I enjoyed reading your post and looking at the pictures. Happy New Year!

Raggedy Girl said...

What lovely photos of your family and your Christmas table was wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

If you are willing to share blogging tips where do you find the nice big pictures you post in your heading and on your posts. I think you have some of the nicest ones I have seen. I can't seem to find anything big.

Roberta Anne

cityfarmer said...

you all look so happy and satisfied.


cheers and happy new year

Holly said...

Hi, Deb! Good to see you and your honey in front of the tree!

No diets around here- YET!

I keep a lot of my Christmas deco up until Spring. I take it down a little at a time or the house just seems so sad and lonely!!!

~ Hearts ~

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Great Christmas photos! Your little Kailee is a doll. I also scrolled down to see the great photo from last year of your "big" kids on Santa's lap. That's what I call LOVE! It was SO CUTE!
Hope your Christmas was Merry & Bright.

Judy said...

I'm so glad you had a happy Christmas. Your pictures are so cute.

Happy New Year.

Shanda said...

Right there with ya girl on the weight thingie. I'm gonna hit it hard after New Years. I think your daughter is so pretty. The apple didn't fall to far from the tree. Looks like a blessed Christmas.
Shanda

countrygirl3031 said...

Good morning Sis ~ what great pictures! I know about the weight issue...I need to start too and I'm not looking forward to it!

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

countrygirl3031 said...

Good morning Sis ~ what great pictures! I know about the weight issue...I need to start too and I'm not looking forward to it!

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Queenie~ said...

Hey Deb...the family photos are beautiful....you and hubby are a darling couple....it looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas...that table setting is gorgeous....

I am glad to hear that your mama is doing better, I will keep her in my prayers. I am sorry I missed that post Monday....
xoxo,
Queenie

Queenie~ said...

P.S Happy new year to you and your sweet family!
xoxo,
Queenie

Margaret Cloud said...

This is a nice post, I like to see family photos, to me it shows unity, and on Christmas it seems special, Chooper looks like a very gentle dog and he looks tired, you have a nice looking family. Don't you just love to take the kids to see Santa. Hope you had a great time last evening. Thanks for coming by.