Sunday, January 11, 2009

AMAZING GRACE


I went to an estate sale on Friday and here are a few things that I bought to resell. I will be painting the little stand white as the top of the stand is stained.

Remember this little item..it was green and then I painted it white and used it for Christmas



Below it's ready for Valentines Day. All the items are things I already have. This little candle holder was a super buy with many uses:)







I have been in a funk...cause I haven't been in God's word. Mom went to the hospital, again, late Friday evening. Her blood pressure was again too high and I feel she gets a little panicky and may over react(just my thought). I haven't had the right heart during all this and I certainly haven't been showing the Fruit of the Spirit...Gal 5: 22-23...LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE,GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS,GENTLENESS,SELF-CONTROL ...these are the way of Christian life and should be a part of my life everyday, all the time. I went to church today and the singing was wonderful and the songs we sang touched me. It really is so simple, seek God, pray, read the Bible and all will be well or a little better. Thank you for the continued prayers for Mom.







Yesterday I actually had a quiet time and it was about the Fruit of the Spirit...talk about God's timing...just perfect. I feel so much better and the anger has gone away and I have Peace. Thank you Lord. Mom is home and I PRAY all will be better and NO more visits to the hospital.


Have a Great Monday....and Thank You again.

Warmly,

Deb









20 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am still praying for you. I am sending you big hugs...m...

Janiece said...

I love the peace that church hymns can bring into our heart.
I totally agree, that when we get lax in reading our scriptures we have a harder time keeping the spirit we need to in our heart.
I am glad your mom is back home. I hope she will continue to improve and that your heart will be lite.

By the way, the finds are awesome!

Glenda said...

Looks like some great finds at the sale. Love the cups and saucers you found. I've often thought of finding things to resale.

Ciao

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... So sorry to hear that yuor Mom had to make another trip to the hospital... but very thankful she is back home! I know how stressful the entire situation is for you, and I'm keeping the prayers coming... so glad you were able to get to church and find some peace ~hug~

Love all of your recent "finds" ... sweet lil children's books! Ohhh... also really like how you changed up your candle holder! You're really enjoying that lil treasure! Hope your week is off to a great start. Cocoa Puff sends lots of puppy kisses to you! God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Holly said...

There's nothing more tasty than the fruit of HIS Spirit! Let it grow, Lord!

~ hearts ~

Chris said...

You find the neatest things, then add your touch to them. Love it. Hope your Mom is better by now.

Hugs,
Chris

Kim's Treasures said...

I love pieces you can decorate over and over again for the holidays/seasons!

Praying for you and your mom! Hugs!

Have a great day!
Kim

linda said...

Even though we know what to do when we get depressed, we don't do it. We know that spending time with God and His word gives us peace yet we suffer instead. I am so guilty of this! I'm glad that you found peace.

I hope your Mom soon gets her blood pressure regulated and starts feeling better. She is in my thoughts and prayers...as you are!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Deb...I will keep your Mom in my prayers....love all your new finds as well...
Hugs,
Robin

Joy said...

you always find the cutest things!
Sending prayers for your Mom too.

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb,

I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Many of us are having to deal with stress and it isn't easy. Just try to keep positive thoughts.

Blessings,
Brook

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Deb,
sometimes we get caught up in all that is going on around us that we simply "forget" or get overwhelmed. He knows this! Don't fret. I'm glad you're back on track and know I continue prayers for your mom.
Hugs!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Oh! Forgot to mention that I think you made some great finds this past weekend. I really like that little stand and can see how painting the top white will give it a fresh look!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I pray your mom continues to improve. Deb, to me you exhibit all the fruits of the spirit. You are a beautiful person. Twyla

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Sis ~ thanks so much for checking up on me...it's so wonderful to know my blog friends care and miss me...aww!

I'm so sorry about your mom...I'm so glad she's back home! Love all your finds at the sales...that stand is gorgeous. I gotta get out of this funk I'm in..I want to shop again!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Angela said...

I LOVE your blog name. I'm TOTAL junkie for yard sales and garage sales..May,,HURRY UP!!!!

Neabear said...

I pray that your mom can stay better now. No sudden hospital trips. I love how you can make your white candlestick holder work for different seasons. So cool and pretty too!

LillyB said...

You know when we get in that funk it is so hard to be happy but we have to continue to fight the enemy and just simply ask God to take our hand and help us thru the valley! I am rereading Paula Whites book :Deal with it! And it ministers to me so much. If you get a chance pick one up from Amazon.com you can get it used cheap and it is so good. God says his word will not return void, so it does not matter who is bringing the word, a donkey, a burning bush, a preacher...as long as it is God's word! I am praying for you and your mama!
Your finds were fantastic! I know you will make them even more so!!
Love ya!
Lilly

Kim's Treasures said...

Hi Deb~

-24 is way to cold! That's what our windchills are suppose to be the next couple of days! So sorry that yours are probably a lot colder!

Keep warm!
Kim

Janet, said...

Hope your mother continues to get better. Just remember to keep trusting in Him.