Saturday, January 17, 2009

FINISHED PROJECTS AND HOUSEHOLD TIPS

This is a very rare Valentine because of the sweet little black children on it. I hope to show you more next week. Remember when I made these baby shoe pincushions???
I saw Sher's with flowers and thought, great idea and made one:) Think I might make a couple more with some pretty spring colors:)

The box below is a cigar box that I altered and made for a girlfriend for her birthday gift. I hope see doesn't see it....


This is the inside. I added buttons and fun stuff on the outside and lace around the box. She loves to sew and found this paper to use.








The cleaning on Thursday went well. I cleaned 1 toilet and it wasn't that dirty :)The other gals did the "dirty" work and let me do the dusting, polishing and vacuum in one house. I think it may work for me to be a house cleaner. I'll keep you posted.
They shared a few TIPS with me and I'll share them with you. Maybe you do them.
1. Start at the top and work down, ceiling to floor.
2. In your hand, have one wet rag to wash with in the other hand a dry rag to dry with. This may take a little practice. It does save time when you use two hands :)
3. Have all your cleaning supplies in a carry tote and take it room to room.
4. If it's CLEAN don't clean it :)
Thursday I also went to get my hair cut and she cut it shorter than I like...but it grows fast.
Friday we went out for Happy Hour and had deep dish pizza with spinach and mushroom on it..my Favorite ... Yummy
Today I worked my 4 hour shift at the shop. I hope I sold a lot of things. My space didn't look very empty. I just don't know what people are looking for. Today we sold cabinets and white items....go figure. I had many vintage Valentines out and just a few sold. The shop is open tomorrow and maybe more will sell. The next sale is Valentine weekend so I'll leave some for that sale.
How's your weekend going. It was a nice day, the temp was in the 20's...a "heat wave"...but only in MN :)
I'm off the read your blogs...God Bless your Sunday.
Warmly,
Deb

18 comments:

Connie said...

Swap package is on its wayyyyyyyy, chickee!!!!! I can't wait until you get it........
Smooches,
Connie

Raggedy Girl said...

House cleaning can be very profitable, good luck with that. The Valentines are really sweet.
Roberta Anne

Rose Haven said...

Love the Valentine!! I love the Vintage ones.

chattycathyantiquesandmore said...

Hi!
Love those baby shoes-- too cute!
Thanks for leaving the post on my site. I can't reply from mine for some reason.
What kind of shop do you have?
Sounds intresting.
Have a great week!

Diane said...

The cigar box is darling! Your friend is going to love it.
Hugs, Diane

Chris said...

You are so crafty, I love looking at your projects. Good luck with your cleaning venture.

Hugs,
Chris

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Deb!

LOVE the cigar box re-do! Your girlfriend will love it! I'm anxious to see your recipe for the spinach on a pizza. Great nutrition! Maybe I could eat it on a nice cheesy slice!!
I've been catching up after a wild retail season at work and putting away Christmas. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and are having a great New Year!

Hugs, Sherry

Holly said...

I'll have to go back in time and see if you've posted about your shop. Glad you had some sales!

linda said...

I was busy working alot this last week and neglected my house cleaning duties. Too bad we're not neighbors, you could help me clean mine!

Things have just been very busy already in this new year. We met with friends for dinner on Friday night after I got off work and then we're going to the movies with them today. These are very dear friends and we didn't get together much last year...we're off to a good start in 2009.

Guess what came in the mail Thursday...JAKE GOT HIS WHEELS!! I'll try and do a post about it tonight. He's not sure about the whole thing so we're just taking it slow. I can't wait until he's zipping around the house again.

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... What an adorable Vintage Valentine! Black-Americana is so collectible... I'm sure you'll hold on to that one! Those baby shoe creations are so sweet... just ♥ them! Ohhhh, and the altered box for your friend... how special is that?! She is going to treasure it for years I bet... such a thoughtful gift for you to do for her... Lucky Gal, indeed! Thanks for the household tips... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the "cleaning-thing" works out in your favor... Cocoa Puff is doing well, thanks, and I hope the same for all of your fur-babies! I hope you can keep warm... grab a poochie and snuggle! God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing those tips! Now, if I could just make myself get in and do them. I'm glad it wasn't too bad and that you think you might like to do it some more. Twyla

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb,

I pray all goes well with you in every area of your life. You are such a kind person and that's really rare these days.

Have a beautiful week!

Warm blessings,
Brook

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
I love the cigar box. I found a couple and want to alter them, I just haven't found my inspiration yet. I am glad the cleaning went well, I hope it all works out the way you want it to. I hope you had a good weekend.
Kathy

Janet, said...

Those baby shoes were cute. They would make fun centerpieces at a baby shower and they make pocketbooks out of cigar boxes around here.

Kim's Treasures said...

Wow you've been busy! You can come clean my house!!! I'm ready to pay someone once to clean it super good and then I can get back on track of keeping up better!

Cute baby shoes!

Have a good day!
Kim

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Sis ~ I wish I had some energy to clean the house. I still have Christmas boxes all over...it's too cold to put them on the porch..brrrr.

I love the cigar box redo..what a crafty idea!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Shanda said...

I Deb, I love all the valentines. How I wish I would have saved all mine from school. About the bird eggs. There so easy to make. Find a pretty robin egg blue and paint almond shapedm or egg shaped wooden eggs or I even buy the tiny plastic eggs after Easter and paint those also. After the eggs have dried of blue. Dip a few bristles of an old tooth brush into some brown paint and take your thumb an spring back the bristles on the brush. It will send out hundreds of litle splaters of paint. I then take a tooth pick or nail and dip it into paint and place an odd nubber of bigger dots towards one end to look just like a robins eggs. you can't do it wrong and always place the prettiest work faceing up on your project. I may to a tutorial on this tonight if time permits. I have a busy day today with mailing Ebay items and moving into my booth. It's also girls night here at the house for the diet club. Boo Hoo the scales say I am 2 pounds heavier than last week. No Way I am lookinf forward to the pictures of some of your projects with old doors.

Queenie~ said...

Hey Deb,
These vintage valentines are so cute...and the pin cushin baby shoes are precious and so are the floral ones too. I have some bronze baby shoes....in my bedroom on top of my tv and I have them decorated with dried flowers and have them ...they do make such sentimental decoration. I'll haev to show them to you in a post sometime. It sounds like your new job is going well. I hope you sell lots of stuff in your store too. I know what you mean about milk glass...I personally love it and have bin a bin of it, plus I have some out to enjoy...but it doesn't move quick at the flea market for me..... when I put a piece out there. Don't know why...it's in all of the magazines these days. Your little cabinet looks so cute...I think the blue background makes the items pop....looks like you've been having fun finding goodies and tweaking...that's always fun isn't it? Oh, one more thing....glad your mom is out of the hospital, and that she is doing okay....hope you have a nice night...stay warm...