Saturday, January 24, 2009

HUBBY'S TOYS, FROST ON THE TREES

Thursday morning I went to a brunch at a friend's home from church . The frost on the trees was so beautiful:) I wanted to take TONS of photos on the drive to her home. God's beauty:) Little project!!! Below..
This is a little gift for a friend's birthday. Kim at Kim's Treasures gave me a "heads-up" on the frames at Target in their dollar bins. You get 3 frames for 2.50...:) Great Deal. Thanks, Kim:) It was fun and so easy to make and I only bought the frames. Using what I already have is a good thing!!!

The next photos are of hubby's TOYS. He has been collecting for 9 years....that is Toy Collecting!!! My "Boy" and his "toy's".... of course he has some old cars.

The G-Man car is one of his favorites:) See the bunny on the motorcycle:) We don't play with these toys....just look with our eyes...no touching:) When Kailee was younger she was so good about just looking at them. She is still a very good little girl.


The little boy on the bike is my favorite:) You wind him up and he travels around...he is in excellent condition:) We have a FEW more :) I just wanted you to see some.
I took a pre-test for the census test. It's a 30 minute timed test. There are 28 questions.
I think the last test I took was in the 80's to get my real estate license... SOOOO....
I couldn't answer 3 of the questions and answered 12 of them WRONG.. needless to say, I didn't go on Friday to take the real test:) and I'm okay with that. Husband did and he only had 1 wrong answer... smarty pants :)
Kailee was over and we crafted:) She painted a birdhouse and made "cards". She has her own craft drawer's. Saturday night we watched a movie and today she went to church with me. It was communion Sunday and she asked me some questions. What did the cracker mean...what did the "wine/juice" mean...I answered simple and direct. She wanted to partake and I said she could when she has Jesus in her heart. She was fine with that. I was hoping that maybe...she might be ready for a relationship like that....not the right time:) It was very special time at church. It's my prayer that All my family members have a relationship with Jesus...
I have been reading blogs and my heart is heavy for so many of you. I have read about you losing your jobs, health issues and more. While only God knows the future, I know I must depend on Him. All the time. When I read about you and your situation, I say a prayer for you.
I also worked on some Valentine cards. I so enjoy making cards. It fun and when things "click" I don't want to stop.
I hope you all had a good weekend. I may not always leave a comment or visit you everyday as time doesn't allow that, just know that I care and say a prayer when needed.
Warmly,
Deb



16 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you had a good day with Kailee at church. It is so comforting to know that I have a friend like you, who prays for us all when we need it. Don't worry about getting answers wrong on the test. You will find something better. Have a good week! Twyla

Michelle Palmer said...

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & your sweet note. There will be all different sizes & all different prices for the needle felts. My owl buddy took a long time & old tins are a bit costly. Please keep checking in...there are a lot of sweet "spring" birds coming soon~
Thanks so much!
Hope you have a wonderful week...
Michelle

Barb said...

Hi. I just found you on Michelle's blog.
I love sales of any kind too, and it helps since i just opened a small gift shop in May.

I am also a crafter, which keeps me very busy.

I just wrote my first tutorial "Bird Nest Building 101".
Anyone who would like to stop by and critique if for me would be great.
Feel free to give my name to others too.
I want to be able to learn from all of this, and know there must be some tutorial writers out there who could help.

Blessings on your week.

Barbara Jean

Pearl said...

It just warmed my heart to hear about your day in Church with Kailee... how precious ♥ ... Really liked your framed creation and am tickled you found such a good deal on the frames! Your husband sure does have an impressive toy collection... my husband collects cordial glasses... we only get them if they're under a dollar at the Thrift Shops... Deb, thanks for your words of comfort and prayers for all of us... in these hard times, it just is so wonderful to know kindhearted souls like you! You're a true blessing... I hope that your week is off to a terrific start... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Janet, said...

Liked your husband's toys. We have a lot of hot wheel cars that belonged to my boys that I just can't find myself to part with. Some day I hope to have grandchildren I can take to church with me. We woke up to around 2" of snow this morning.

Holly said...

Hi, Deb! ♥

How fun that your husband collects something. My husband does too but it's nothing specific-just stuff! I hope to open him a junk yard some day. That would make him so happy!

Ooh! To have a craft drawer for my grandgirl! I *can't* think about that or I'll cry!

I left a reply for you on my blog about the cascading/falling hearts. If you didn't know- I almost always leave a reply for you.

~ ♥ ♥ ~

Kim's Treasures said...

Sounds like a bisy weekend and fun with Kailee! I love the monogram frame! So glad you found some frames at Target!

Have a great Monday!
Kim

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

HI Deb!
I loved looking at your hubbys toy collection! I know my oldest brother would love those toys! He appreciates them too. How great that you had your sweet Kailee with you this weekend. She's asking such great questions and that is such a wonderful sign.
Tests can be tough, you'll do better next time. Don't sweat it!
I'm out and about catching up. I've been MIA for about a week and boy did I miss everyone!
Hugs, stay warm and enjoy your day!

Glenda said...

Love the man toys.

What a wonderful site to see on your way.


Ciao

Joyce said...

I love what you made with the Target frames. It is such fun doing stuff like that. Your hubby's toy collection is wonderful!! He must love it!

And your day at church was precious. So heartwarming!!

A Romantic Porch said...

Ohh that frost is so beautiful xo rachel

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Sis ~ I'm so glad you got to spend some good time with Kailee. I love all of hubby's toys...too cute!

I'm so glad to have friends like we do in blogland...I feel like I'm closer to you guys than my actual friends.

Hugz,
Lil Sis

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Thanks for your sweet words Deb! We are having an ice storm tonight.

Warm blessings, Brook

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh I love the monagram frames. Good ideal.

Michelle said...

You're such a sweet and encouraging lady, Deb :) Hope you are enjoying a wonderful week so far!

Hugs,
Michelle

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, Your husband's toys are so neat! That is quite a collection!

I have the same prayer, that all my family will come to know Christ. I hope one day mine and yours both will be answered! :) ~hugs, Rhonda