Friday, January 30, 2009

A Little Thrifting, Valentines for Swap & Winner

See the sweet angel in the "H"??? My friend, Pearl, from Pearl's Sentimental Journey emailed me that print from an old postcard and I just enlarged it off the computer, found papers to enhance it and TA-DA... A Pretty greeting into my home. Thank you Pearl:) Love It!! This dog isn't innocent as he Looks...he still is shredding whatever he can find..Bad Boy!!!
Oh...look at my cute Jackson Brown...What have you been doing...into something, I'm Sure.


Scout looks like this all the time... Poor old Scout. He is sure slowing down and very good nature. Mack was camera shy today, actually, he was busy eating!!! and didn't have time to pose.


The photo above are cards I made to give to friends:) Just a fun mixture of altered cards. Below are the ones I made for the swap next week. The gold paper behind the sweet angles is embossed with Cuttlebug machine. It sure makes the cards. These took some time to make and I don't want to give them to the swap group...sometimes they get my best designs ( I think anyway!)



Yes, I did make it to the thrift store today and below are the few items I picked up for resell. Love the linens:)




See the Key with the Heart, pretty roses to decorate with and decorating book that I'll read first then sell and a couple other items not shown. Not a lot to pick from and it was busy.
OKAY......It would be super if I could give you ALL a little treasure, budget isn't there:)
SO.... the WINNER is SHER from Old Time Me Artist. Hurray....!!!! I won one of her give away when I first started blogging last June. I know I was so thrilled to win hers...and I hope she is to win mine. I know Sher would Love to meet other bloggers, so please go visit her. She sells treasures at an antique store and has lots of great ideas!!!
We are getting up early to go to 1 sale. It's advertised as a "diggers sale to the Nth"...too exciting , may not sleep tonight.....Just kidding.
Have a great weekend...hey do you know where I can find a housekeeper...you should see this place...LOL LOL LOL ,don't they say the housekeeper's house is the dirty, the plumber's pipes leak...etc....No housekeeping jobs, Yet!!! I put up a couple of posters today. God's timing, not mine.
Off to read some blog before bed, but it's almost 10PM now and I have to get up around 5:30AM...husband wants to be there early...well that's VERY early to me.
Warmly,
Deb
Hi Marge...I see you can leave comments now:) Good for You!! Maybe you'll start blogging!!






23 comments:

Creations from my heart said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed seeing all you wonderful things. Blessings...Sherry

Sher said...

OMG, Deb, I am SOOO excited! This is the first blog drawing I've ever won, and to win THIS one from YOU makes it triple-exciting for me! Thanks so much!!!
Hugs,
Sher

Janiece said...

The cards are wonderful! I love them!

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... I'm so glad that you were able to use the "H" Valentine, and I think it looks awesome in the frame!

CONGRATULATIONS to Sher on winning your sweet give~away! YAY!

Your poochies have such sweet facial expressions... hard to believe they can be naughty boys! Hopefully they'll not get into your crafting supplies... Just loved the beautiful cards you created... and the recent goodies you found, too! My favorite are the Vintage linens... I have several old embroidered pillowcases and I use them all... for some reason, it just makes me feel better to lay my head on them... Cannot wait to hear all about the "Digger" Estate Sale... hope you find alot of new treasures... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Raggedy Girl said...

Have fun at your big sale. Your finds are really nice. And what sweet little puppies too!
Smiles from :>) Roberta Anne

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

I stopped by to wish you a very happy weekend Deb!

Blessings,
Brook

Connie said...

Deb, Happy Pink Saturday and I love the way the PUPPY is looking at you or the camera. The "stash" is lovely, chickee......
Smooches,
Connie

Holly said...

Hi, Deb!

Congrats to Sher!

Your cards are so sweet, Deb! Don't know what a "?bug" machine is, though! I'm afraid I'm not very card or scrapbook literate. I do like playing with paper, though.

~ ♥ ♥ ~

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

The framed angel card is great, but what I really love is that beautiful crocheted doily underneath it!

Michelle Palmer said...

I LOVE your pups...they are so dear! Such sweet faces, when they get into mischief it is hard to stay angry with them~ that little tilt of the head...
I sent you an email about the bluebird...you're so sweet!
Your cards are lovely~
Hope you have a wonderful night...
Michelle

Judy said...

Congratulations to Sher. I love your valentines Deb. The puppies are so cute and innocent looking. I can't imagine them getting into trouble!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

My dad was a housepainter so you know what that meant. I clicked on the pictures of your goodies, you found some great stuff! I hope you had good luck at the Nth sale! Have a nice Sunday! Twyla

Chatty Cathy Collections said...

Hi Deb
What great Valentines you made! Love your dogs! I have 8 myself! I went thrifting yesterday while in Campbellsville and got some neat finds hope to post later today. When we got home yesterday our power was back on after a week! Had lots to catch up on! Congrats to your winner!

Margaret Cloud said...

You always have the neatest things, I love coming by, congratulation to Sher for winning the giv-a-way.

Joy said...

You make the cutest cards. I love the little picture with the "H"
too.

Queenie~ said...

Hey Deb...girl, you make me hungry watching you eati the cupcake...looks delish. Looks like you had a wonderful little helper making them with you.
The little postcard that your friend sent to you over the internet looks so pretty ....I love those colors.
Jackson and Scout are so cute...that Jackson looks like he could get into some stuff. LOL! I remember something that you showed that he tore up one time.....I think it was a cushion...lol...gotta love 'em! I couldn't help but laugh a little when I saw his cute face, and the stuffing all over the place...though I know it's not really funny. I bet that little fellow can use that face to get out of all sorts of trouble with you. Hope you have a great week!

LillyB said...

Hey girl! Looks like you had fun!! I was in the bed all weekend, sick with my stomach so no treasures for me, maybe next weekend! I love the heart with the key!!
The Cards are so pretty...I put up some history of Valentines on my blog today...it is a little creepy LOL

Linda said...

I love your framed picture and when I looked closer I realized I have the same little cherub to the right of it...I just found mine at GW. All your cards are wonderful....I want to create them too. Hugs, Linda

Kim's Treasures said...

Very cute cards! Congrats to Sher!

Hope you have a great night!
Kim

Sandra~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Jackson Brown -he's adorable. I like the heart shape cards you made for your friends-Very nice..

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Like your cards.And I want a bite of that cupcake !

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

I love reading your blog. I haven't been here for awhile. You are very creative.

raybanoutlet001 said...

ralph lauren outlet
christian louboutin shoes
cheap basketball shoes
mont blanc outlet
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
ugg boots
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store