Saturday, March 28, 2009

BIRDIES, BUYS AND A FRIEND

Today after estate sales and getting my hair cut and getting the church ready for communion on Sunday this is what I did: Before is above: birds, nests,eggs, lace buttons and hot glue gun...
AFTER: little birdies for the HQ sale in April. I decided to use one of my baby shoes and make it a little birdie nest and may keep it for awhile.


These two photos are what I bought at estate sales and the thrift store on Thursday...not much today. Lots of digging and little results.


FRIENDS........








On Friday I and another friend from 7Th grade (yes, I am that OLD) went to visit our friend Sharon. She is in the middle of the photo. Sharon has quite the story and I am going to share it with you. About 15 years ago Sharon lived in another state and found out she had a brain tumor that was cancerous. She had surgery on her brain, they removed some of the tumor. She then had chemo and radiation treatments. Shortly they moved back here. About 4 years ago her hubby decided to divorce her as she had changed. When you operate on the brain, things can happen years later.This happened to Sharon. She also then developed breast cancer because of going on hormone therapy. She had her breast removed. Shortly after this she suffered a series of 3 mini strokes that we know of for sure. Sharon now lives in a "Cottage care unit". She is the youngest person there. It's a "memory loss" type place. Sharon has short term memory loss and some limited use because of the strokes. She will never leave this care unit...she is 54 years old...sometimes my heart breaks for her. NEVER ONCE has she complained during ALL OF THIS...She loves the Lord and accepts her situation...every once in awhile she asks if she can move into her own place!! or if she can drive again... Last year this dear friend lost BOTH of her parents, just days apart...I have NO IDEA why these things have happened to this dear person.Only God knows why. Sure I have questions and think it's SO UNFAIR that this happened to her. This to me is: GRACE, LOVE and FAITH.
Tomorrow is church, stopping at the antique store with more items and stopping by SIL for her birthday. It's almost April....my favorite month....it's my birthday month...and my little surprise for one of you.....keep an eye out ...
Hoping your weekend is wonderful...remember WE ARE BLESSED !!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

21 comments:

Janet, said...

I love your little finds! Your friend has gone through a lot, but she is also so strong, may God bless her.

Joanne Kennedy said...

My heart aches for your friend. I pray that the rest of her life is much happier for her. They are finding all sorts of new medical treatments every day so who knows what the future will bring for her.

I'll keep her in my prayers.

I love your nests you made. How cute. I may have to steal that idea of doing one in a baby shoe. I'm doing that baby shower with the bird/nest theme and that would be a perfect idea to use there.

Good luck on your treasure hunting tomorrow. Never know what is out there waiting for you.

Hugs,
Joanne

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I am so humbled by all the complaining I have done today. Who am I to say that unfortunate things have happened lately when I can't even Begin to understand misfortune. Your friends are a blessing and a great reminder of our blessings. Twyla

Denise said...

God bless your friend and you for being such a good friend.

Have a great day, Denise

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

My prayers will be for Sharon today...what a testimony she has. And what a wonderful friend she has in you!

I love your little nests, so darling.

Have a wonderful Church Service tomorrow.

Stay Cozy,
Carrie

Vera said...

May God bless you and your friend.

Sher said...

Thanks for sharing your friend and her story. God bless all of you!
Hugs,
Sher

Raggedy Girl said...

What sweet little birds nests.

Roberta Anne

Susan said...

Your bird nests are so cute! God bless your friend. What a woman of faith she is!

linda said...

First off, I love your birdies and the cute cute little nests. Where did you find the little nests? I have a project in mind so I've been looking for small nests. So far I haven't seen them anywhere.

Your friend Sharon looks like a beautiful person inside and out. She sure has had a hard road and alot of burdens to bear but she sounds so strong...so strong in her faith! What a wonderful example of truly trusting in the Lord she has shown...God bless her!

Glenda said...

Lovely little brids nests.

God brings others in our lives to teach. We always ask why and it's because God always has a plan. We always learn something from one another. If it's learning to not take things for granted because a dear friend cannot function as they use to, then that is Gods way. Everything is planned and happens when it suppose to even thought we don't always agree with it. It's always out of our hands, but we have to learn from it and how to use it.

Peace be with you

Ciao

Victoria Lynn said...

Amen, we are hugely blessed. I was so saddened by your friend's story. She is quite a testimony with her love of God. Some day she will be whole again and driving on streets of gold! Have a blessed week. Hugs, Victoria Lynn

Angie said...

Bless your friend....it sounds as if she is thankful to be here even after all that she has been through...God has plans for her..and they will be wonderful. Thank you for the reminder to always see life through the eyes of another...

Your little nests are precious as can be..the little shoe idea is cute! We are getting snow right now so all I am in the mood for is nesting myself..digging into a blanket and sleeping..lol.

Faye said...

DEB,MY HEART HURTS FOR YOUR FRIEND.I LOVE YOUR CRAFTS!GREAT IDEAS. BLESSINGS, FAYE

Brenda Eason said...

My blog has gone. This is my new one. Please add me and if you don't mind letting others know.

LillyB said...

Great finds!! I will be praying for your friend!!
Love Lilly

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ ooooo, I love your birdies and their nests..specially the baby shoe one!

My heart aches for Sharon...that's so unfair. I complain about so much...but I'm so blessed also. I will keep her in my prayers!

Talk soon...hugz,
Michele

Brenda Eason said...

Love the nest and birds. Thanks for the sweet comment.

Linda said...

Oh, what sweet little Spring bird nests....love them. Sharon is very blessed to have such good friends...huygs, Linda

This simple Life said...

Your birdies are really cute!

I was thinking about what you said about Saving us money when there isn't anything to buy. I wonder since you and I are in the same business. How do you budget? I get paid at the first of the month for the previous months sales. I typically divide it and keep about half for myself and reinvest the other half in more goodies to sell.
Some moth's that's just not enough money and I have to dip into my personal funds. Do you set a budget and stick to it or do you just buy what you know will sell and don't worry about how much you spend in a month?

I'm very sorry about your friend, I will keep her in my prayers.

Joyce said...

This story of Sharon is so hearbreaking. That could happen to any of us and why God chose for it to happen to her, only He knows. I can just imagine how she feels with wanting her own place. She probably feels like she is okay and able to take care of things. This is so sad. It is so nice that you keep in touch with her. That probably means so very much. I will keep Sharon in my prayers. This really touched me.