Sunday, March 15, 2009

GOOD TIME WEEKEND

Every time I try to take a photo of these 2 sleeping....someone always hears the camera turn on and opens his eyes. 2 of my so sweet "boys"!!! Scout is on the floor. He doesn't want to sleep on the sofa..he is a good boy...these 2 RUN the House, well make that, Jackson Brown RUNS our house.
Here is the story behind this darling sugar bowl. At the monthly sale shop, one of the dealer's has one just like this. I have wanted it since I first saw it. The price on hers is $18.00 and it isn't as nice as this one. Today we went and picked up some furniture that hubby bought yesterday at an estate sale. Today is 1/2 off day. Okay....I was shopping at the sale and when we were ready to check out, I looked at a table of stuff..and there is was...calling my NAME....and the best part...it was only $3.00 today!!! I call that a little blessing from God. Look at the sweet little scoop that goes with it!!! AWESOME!!!

Kim, at Kim's Treasures made a similar stamped bird picture and I thought it was so sweet, so I dug out my bird stamp and made one for me. Thanks Kim for sharing your great idea!!!






Happy 6th Birthday to my little Kailee:) She had so much fun playing with all of her little friends. After she opened her gifts, we had cake and ice cream and then all the little kids went swimming. We went home!!! We gave her a Hannah Montana fishing pole and a couple other gifts. She loves to fish and PaPa said that he would take her this summer.




Pretty card...... Altered and prettier with a sweet little birdie on them.












I was busy crafting this weekend. Before: plain cigar box After: Altered cigar box. Sorry the picture isn't good. There is a sweet little girl on the top of the box with her little crown on.








It was FINALLY a nice weekend, weather wise. Mid 50's today!!! The snow is melting in the nasty backyard. When the "boys" come in, they have to have their paws wiped off. Jackson also gets his belly wiped off because he is closer to the ground :)
The house cleaning interview was interesting. He has $$$ and he already has a house cleaner. This person may "retire" sometime in the near future and the "client" is just looking for someone new. So.... NO job at this time with him. He said that he may call me to do some "spring" cleaning and clean the china in the china cabinet that he has. He lost his wife a few years ago and his best buddy, Indy, his dog last year. It's all in God's hands and at His timing.
Hubby just HAD to take the motorcycle around the block today!!!
So, what did you girls do this weekend??? I also worked at HQ on Saturday and I must say it SLOW and no one bought anything of mine while I was there. Sure hope someone was buying later yesterday and today. A girl needs her "pin" money :)
Time to visit my friends (you)... and see what you have been up to. See you later this week.
Warmly,
Deb :)








24 comments:

Faye said...

STOPPED BY FOR A VISIT.I REALLY ENJOYED YOUR BLOG!I WILL BE BACK TO VISIT.HAVE A BLESSED EVENING

Brenda said...

I love your three dollar find. I have been wanting one of these for years,but they are high here.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I have never seen a sugar bowl like that. It is very beautiful. You have been so busy! Sorry your job interview wasn't more promising. If your dogs are like mine, they hate the 'wipe down'. Your babies look so cute in that picture. Have a great week! Twyla

Janet, said...

I've never seen a sugar bowl like that, either. Your doggies are so cute, I can understand why they run the house.

kay said...

I've been reading your blog for several months now I really enjoy it. I love your sugar bowl, I found these a couple years back on E-Bay, they are called sugar shuttles on there. They look so cute with tiny jelly beans in them, perfect for Easter.
KAY :)

Raggedy Girl said...

You were really busy with a lot of projects. The sugar scoop is quite a prize and Happy Birthday to that sweet girl.


Roberta Anne

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am sorry the cleaning job did not work out at this time. I hope for the future. The dogs are so sweet...m.

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb. I like your post!
Check out my other blog called attic treasures. I am Spring cleaning around here and preparing our home for a new a baby boy grand child to go with the other 4 older ones.
Have fun and I sure hope that you make $$$$$$$$!

XO Brook

Janiece said...

I love the sugar bowl. I have never seen anything like that!
Hope your week is wonderful.

Kim's Treasures said...

Your sugar scoop is beautiful! What a bargain!!!

The doggies are so sweet looking! They have pretty coloring!

Your bird card and frame turned out great! I see you found some of the frames at Target!!!

Have a great day!!!
Kim

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ oh my gosh, I love that sugar bowl and for $3..what a deal!

I just love those 2 little boys..they're so cute!

Happy Birthday Kailee!!!!

Hugz,
Lil Sis!

Jacque said...

When I saw the picture of your fur babies I had to check his bed for mine, I'm thinking identical twins! They look so innocent asleep. There is a picture of "Scout" on my blog if you want to see the twin.~Jacque

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

You had a pretty busy weekend! First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO K !!! I hope she enjoyed her day. I didn't realize her and my youngest's bday were so close together :0)
Love the cigar box and as usual, I love looking at the furbabies.

Glenda said...

I love that sugar scuttle. I have one myself that I got at a thrift shop.

Cute babies always run the house.

Ciao

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... So glad I came back for another peek... I did not realize that I'd forgotten to leave a comment here... I guess since I'd emailed you and talked about these things in my letter, I must have had it in my mind that I'd left a comment, too... LOL ... it is Not easy being feeble-minded...

Love the photo of the fur-babies... please tell Scout how proud I am that he is a "good boy"... and make sure you give JB a "look" from me!!

Love your sweet birdie... and of course, Loved seeing that smile on the precious Birthday Girl, Kailee... she is adorable! You did a terrific job on the cigar box... that's something I'd like to try to do sometime... And your "new" sugar bowl... Ohhhh My Goodness, Deb! It's Awesome, and how thrilling to find it at such a great price! Don't you know that I am in Love with the teeny-tiny scoop?! And the idea to fill it with Jelly Beans is neat... so many ways you will be able to use it throughout the Seasons...

Please know that I'm keeping you in prayer for so many things... the job search and the antique shops, especially... I know how strong your Faith is, and feel certain it, along with God, will carry you through things...
God bless...

~hugs, love ♥ 'n prayers~

Pearl

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

I love your sugar scuttle! I have wanted one of them for awhile too, but haven't found a deal like that on one yet! It is so pretty! And your bird sign and mat is so pretty too! Great project!

Hope Kailee had a wonderful Birthday! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Em @ Bunch of Scrap said...

Cute pups :) I might have to make something with my cigar boxes if they don't sell in my garage sale!

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love your sugar scoop! I have been keeping my eyes open for one of those too!

The doggies are sweet...love the photo!

Neabear said...

I have been working a lot lately. But trying to work on my craft projects too. Sometimes I am just too tired. But tomorrow I am off and hope to get some sewing and stitching done.

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

Oh your boys are precious...I always love to see what they've been up to...especially that Jackson Brown! LOL!
I love your crafting projects too....amazing what you did with the old cigar box!
Happy Birthday to the birthday girl! It sounds like you all had a fun time....I know she's looking forward to fishing with her papa! Hope you have a great week!
Big Hugs~
P.S. That is an awesome silver sugar dish that you got....i have never seen one like that and what a deal! I'll have to tell you Deb, that.... I have truly found that God really does give us the desires of our hearts,(even in little material things) and I have particularly found that when I'm willing to wait a little while...he always gives them to me at a great deal! LOL! Seriously! It just doesn't get any better than that does it?!

cityfarmer said...

we set a record in Chicago yesterday....74!!!

today, not so 70's!!!
sigh

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
The picture of your puppies is adorable! And I am glad you found your sugar bowl at a great deal. I have a cigar box I keep thinking about altering but haven't done it yet, maybe it's time : )
Hugs,
Kathy

Just Between Us Girls said...

So happy you got the sugar bowl.
Love it. I always enjoy reading your blog. It is so interesting and fun. Thank you for stopping over to mine.
Hugs,
Pat

LillyB said...

Good Morning Deb!
You won the 100th Post giveaway! Please send me an address to my email and I will send the package off tomorrow!
God Bless you!!
Love Lilly

misslilly1982@gmail.com