Monday, March 9, 2009

LOOK AT THE ANTIQUE BOOTH

This is our new, larger space at the antique store. This is the left side. See the large, glass cases... This is the middle of the space, but I couldn't get a go photo of the middle. See hubby putting things in case?!
This is the right side of the space.

Here is the story. The antique store manager asked us if we wanted a large "booth" area at a pretty go price. Hubby decided, "YES".... after all, we have more that 40 totes in our basement with STUFF in them to sell :) plus a few small furniture pieces, crocks and an old Victrola.
We had to move the stuff from the smaller space into larger space before March 1st. Of course, I wasn't feeling well during this time. Hubby asked his son, from his first marriage to help move these large cases. We had 2 at the store and 2 in the garage at home. His son said "YES" and then that didn't happen. My son from my first marriage ended up helping the first Sunday. (This ended up being a 3 weekend project!!)We had to rent a truck because the cases are so LARGE.
Second Sunday, again hubby's son said, "YES" he could help. Ha Ha ... again no show, something else came up... this time I had to help and I really wasn't feeling strong enough to move 2 HUGE cases... it wasn't a good day. The cases were moved and all ended well, but I was happy. The 3rd Sunday, last weekend, we put more things out to sell. Note: Hubby's son, not reliable!!!



Look what came in the mail today. Lindsey, from Two Crazy Crafters was also in the ATC swap and her card came today along with a vintage Easter Postcard and this darling Tag that she made. THANK YOU, LINDSEY... It was a very fun swap and I LOVE the ATC card and Tag and PC. :)







Tonight we ate at LeeAnn Chin for $1.81 for 2 people. There was a coupon on our door for a free meal, today only so we took advantage of the great deal. Thank you LeeAnn Chin :)
I have photos of our estate buys from the second day, which means the items were 1/2 off and I'll show them later this week and photos from the HQ sale that is this weekend.
If you ever see something that you would like to purchase on my blog, just email me and we can work out the details:) First come, first served. Just a little FYI.
I'm feeling fine and ready to blog, blog blog :) Talk to you soon :)
Warmly,
Deb :)

24 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Deb, I'm so glad you are feeling better. What a great booth. I'd love to open one but time, help and economy scares me. Have a great week.

Rose Haven said...

Looks like you have had a very busy time recently. I hope you're feeling better now.

I love the new booth...much better to display all your wares!!

;-)

Connie said...

Deb, your space is neat, honey!! I'll bet you'll be busy also.
xoxo,
Connie

Diane said...

Well needless to say never count on your stepson, not going to happen {: So sorry because it really is a let down, does not matter how old they are you just expect them to be responsible. I love the larger space how fun I bet it is going to look great when it is all full. Please keep us up to date on pictures.
Hugs, Diane

Sher said...

Sadly, I can identify with you and the steps. But, happily, your booth looks great!
Hugs,
Sher

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, how I wish we could come shop in your booth! It looks wonderful and just the kind of stuff we like to look at. Those cases are nice. I wish you lots of luck at this antique store. I am glad you liked what Lindsey sent you. It was a sweet swap and we love what you sent so much! Twyla

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... Love the nice, big space y'all have now, and am sure you're exhausted... ~frowning at the no-show step-son~ ...I'll never "get" why anyone would break a promise, more than once... how maddening it must have been for you... So, I am guessing that the heavy moving stuff is done, and now it is just filling the spaces that is left to do?

Awwww... such sweet goodies from Lindsey... I really did enjoy doing that swap with y'all ♥

Hope you remain on the up-swing of a healthy recovery, and that this turns out to be a wonderful week for you...
God bless...

~hugs, love ♥ 'n prayers~

Pearl

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your so welcome Deb! I really had a fun time! Thank you so much for everything you sent us! It really brightened our day!
Lindsey

Holly said...

Aw, cute baby tag from Lindsey! ♥

Em @ Bunch of Scrap said...

Cute booth! I bet that is so fun, I would love to have a booth somewhere!

Tootsie said...

what a great space...I hope you do well with it!

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Looks neat Deb with lots of space to fill.
Hope you are MUCH better!

Brook

Judi said...

Deb
You have been so busy with opening the larger booth. That'll be so good for you. Good thing you have a reliable son..from your first marriage..*s*... to help out. Darn guys eh?

I can't wait to see what you picked up at your sales. There are so many great buys out there aren't there.

Everything looks great.
I sure hope you feel better..
have a lovely evening
Judi

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Glad your feeling better. So sorry your stepson didn't make it. How incredibly frustrating!
Well, at least it's all done and you're all ready for sales.

This simple Life said...

Congrats on the larger space , that will be so fun to decorate!
I no longer have a room, I have the entire shop to play with. It's such a tiny place and now there are only three of us so we voted to share the entire store.

I do visit you, I really do. I don't know why but I sorta got out the habit of commenting. Naughty blogger I am.

Cottagecheap said...

Glad you are back at it!

Looks like a great new space!

Linda said...

Hi Deb, your new spot is great. What a huge job to move, but everything is looking wonderful...hugs, Linda

Vintagebella ~ Andrea said...

hey sweets! Come on by and claim your prize!!!! Congratulations! xoxo

cityfarmer said...

nothing like the thrill of the hunt.

be well, my dear

Holly said...

I sure would love to visit your booth!

I've been meaning to mention that your bunny running across the top is soooo cute! ♥

Kim's Treasures said...

Hope you're feeling better! How nice to have a bigger space! Now you will have a chance to sell more : )

Have a great day!!!
Kim

LillyB said...

I love your booth! Ohhh I wish I was there to SHOP!! I am so happy you are feeling better!!
Have a great day and I pray you sell a lot!!!
Love Lilly

Brenda said...

I so miss my both,but the hubby hated it and wouldn't help me. maybe one day I can do it again. Yours is beautiful.

Barb said...

Hi Deb,
Thanks for coming by and for your nice comments about my bird nests.
More pics will be loaded tonight!

That new booth is huge! Hope things go very well for you. Sounds like you have enough to keep it filled for awhile.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean