Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Weekend Fun

Look!!! My "Bust" family has expanded..."brother" has joined us. I found him Thursday after my 4 hours at HQ. There were other monthly sales in the near by town and that is where I found him. They are now one Happy Family :) Below are the deals we got at an estate sale...2nd day...1/2 off. It was a "collector's" estate and the people running the sale were in the mood to get the house all empty out. Hubby bought A LOT of coke stuff!!! I paid only $40.00 for ALL of these pieces of furniture!!!
More treasures...we went to estate sales on Friday and Saturday. 6 sales in those 2 days and some of the items were 1/2 off...It was very fun. There are more goodies...but I wanted to show you other things..


These gifts below are from Pearl...that sweet friend sent me these for my Birthday!!! They came on Friday!!!



Here are some of the treasures...beautiful blue table cloth, note pads, sweet little bottle, blue flower frame, rose pin, chocolate bars...Already Gone ( I don't waste any time with my Chocolate treats!!)and a few more gifts. PEARL... You ROCK and THANK YOU SO MUCH for making my BIRTHDAY very SPECIAL.... :)


Below is ANOTHER SURPRISE birthday treasures from Twyla!! I am so BLESSED with these friendships from blogging. Twyla...You ROCK and THANK YOU for making my BIRTHDAY very SPECIAL.. :) She sent me this pretty hat topiary and Stampers' idea book...and you will also see the Awesome little .....



ATC card and TAG that are from our little swap. Very sweet puppies. Just Love them. We are having so much fun making these little cards and tags and then swapping them. So much talent also in blogland!!!




This is the swap tag that Pearl made. Too cute and how cleaver with a "Bingo" theme!!!
Saturday after the estate sales we went to the flea market/antique show that is held at the fair grounds. It's very large with MANY dealers. Hubby bought my birthday gift there...I'll show you later this week. It's just fun to walk around and see all the stuff and compare prices. Some, WAY to High...
Today hubby took me out for Brunch and we were disappointed with the food...for dinner we had pizza with the "kids", Kailee and my Mom. It was a cloudy day with drizzle most of the day.
My Son, who had his own construction company is now working full time for someone. He gave me the "best" gift for my birthday...a note and this is what he wrote:
Happy Birthday !
To the best mother i could EVER have.
Thank you for always loving & helping me. I hope
that I have not disappointed you.
I LOVE YOU MOM.
Your Son
Wipe your tears :) who needs gift when your Son give you a note from his heart like this. God is Good :) and I Love my Son :) He feels bad because he couldn't buy me a gift....little does he know this note is Priceless and worth more than gold....
Thank you for ALL of your Birthday Wishes for me!!! It was a Great Birthday!!!
I hope you all had a great weekend :)
Warmly
~ Deb ~ :)
P.S. No cake or flowers...and that is okay. Hubby is the Best...I am truly Blessed!!! After all I'm still at home and not "working" and that is what I really want...to be home and be the wife, mother and friend that God wants me to be.
Update: Please notice my new banner...Pearl at Pearl's Sentimental Journey makes them at a great price....check with her. She has LOTS of talent and she is a sweet heart:) Thank you Pearl:) Just love it!!!





20 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday! I don't believe you can hear that too much! This was a great post and not just because I was in it:) You have a wonderful family and I loved the story of your son's gift. You can't ask for more than that. I can't believe you found another bust! I never see them anywhere, but if I do, I'll definitely think of you! Have a wonderful week! Twyla

The Tattered Cottage said...

Happy Birthday!!! I just had mine last week on the 12th. I just found your blog and love it! We have a few things in common,I love chocolate too! Hope your day was as wonderful as mine.
Toni

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh my goodness, your birthday was filled with love and joy and family! What more can you ask for? To be able to stay home feathering your nest and tending to your home & family is a true gift!

Good for you,
Carrie

Pearl said...

Hi Birthday Girlie!
So glad you liked your gifts... you deserved everything you got, and more! Though I must say, the precious, loving note from your son was the best gift, ever... I know you'll always treasure that ♥

So fun to see 'n hear about your latest "finds" at the sales! You got some amazing deals... and your "bust family" is growing fast... lookin' good...

I'm enjoying our ATC/Hang Tag Swaps, too... I need to get a post up soon with the ones I got... You're right, there is so much talent to be found in blogland... it's terrific! Hope you have a Beautiful day...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

April ~ AUTISM Awareness Month~

Raggedy Girl said...

Happy Birthday to You.

You sure got some pretties this weekend!

Have An Amazing Monday
from Roberta Anne = The Raggedy Girl

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ you're right, I am wiping the tears! And I agree with you, I love the cards that my kids make for me and just write from their heart. No gifts needed!

Happy Birthday girlfriend! You definitely got some beautiful treasures, both from friends and at the sales! I love the tables..and only $40!!!

Have a great week!

Hugz,
Michele

linda said...

Happy Birthday Friend! It sounds like you had one busy birthday weekend!

Yep, I'm wiping the tears now! I'm like you, don't need or want gifts...just a card from the heart means the world to me. I'm so glad your son made your day so special.

Faye said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT ONE.THE AUTISM CONF.WAS A BIG SUCCESS!HAVE A BLESSED EVENING!

Kim's Treasures said...

Happy belated birthday! What nice girls to send you gifts! Always fun! Glad you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Margaret Cloud said...

I am sorry I missed your BD, we had company all weekend, hope you had a great time and received some very nice gift's.

Margaret Cloud said...

What a great post and pretty as usual. You are right, I always told my kids that something from the heart is priceless.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Happy belated birthday Deb! I'm sorry I missed it. Is it actually on the 19th? My and hubby's anniversary was on the 19th :0)
It sounds like you had a fantastic day and for that I'm glad.
Hugs!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am so sorry I missed your Birthday. I have had a lot going on will e-mail you this week with the details. I am glad it was a fun and good one for you. I adore the new banner. Blessings to you and your family...m..

Angie said...

What a beautiful note your son wrote you...that is truly the best gift a mom can ever get. I was crying my eyes out at that...I am sorry I missed your b-day. Our weather is crazy here and I have had to stay offline most of the time because of lightning! Yikes! But, it sounds like you got pampered and I am glad...you so deserve it! Happy Belated Birthday! Love, Angie

Judy said...

I'm so glad you had a such a wonderful birthday. I loved your note from your son. My son and I went to dinner several years ago on his birthday and he insisted on paying. Of course I threw a fit and said it was my treat because i was his birthday. He smiled and said that if it wasn't for me he wouldn't be here and thanked me for being his Mom! Talk about tears and of course I shut up and let him pay. Aren't kids special?

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
I missed your Birthday, I am so sorry. It has been a tough week for me. Sooooo
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Sweet Deb,
Happy Birtday to you!!!
I finally posted and I am trying to catch up on everyones post. What day exactly was your Birthday so I can write it in my book? I love all of your finds and your sweet gifts are wonderful. Your Son's gift was perfect, just perfect.
Hugs,
Kathy

Glenda said...

Deb did you know you have heads growing out of your Mantel ? LOL

Like the new header. I have been thinking of changing my blog appearance some.

CIao

bee'nme said...

Hi Deb!

Belated Happy Birthday to you!! So glad it was fun and fruitful!! I love what your son wrote...priceless indeed!! I also love your estate sale haul as well as goodies from friends - you are truly blessed and you deserve every happiness!!

Hope the crafting time with your girlfriends is/was wonderful! Hard to go wrong with a group of crafting kindred spirits gathered together for fun, creativity, and sweet fellowship...oh, and food too :o)

It was good to get caught up! Take care and God Bless!

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky S. at Just Bee 'n Me

Joyce said...

Deb - I missed your birthday! I'm so sorry!!!! I hope it was happy. Sounds like it was wonderful. Love the note from your son. I agree - something like that is worth so much more than anything money could buy. You are truly blessed.

So, this is how long you've had this new banner. I'm sorry I am so behind. My MIL has been sick and in the hospital since 4/15 and I have not be "regular" with my blogging since then. I'm really sorry I missed your special day. You always are so sweet to everyone and I want you to know that you are a treasure! God bless you throughout this coming year.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛