Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter, thrift buys, gifts, blessings and more...

Kailee being SILLY while dying Easter Eggs!! She put stickers all over her face...not on the eggs.
Dying and coloring Easter Eggs on Thursday afternoon.
Look what I bought at the thrift store...jean jacket$5.99..."SAK" purse $12.99 and a few other little items.


I thought the "silver" treasures would polish up... the little pitcher did, the other 2 pieces...not so much :( I sprayed painted the clover shaped dish and like the way it turned out.



The goodies above are from my dear friend MaryElla. She sent me these gifts for my birthday!!! It had me in tears, of joy and happiness:) See the collage she made...photos of us...it's my favorite gift. She also paints, sews and makes cards. We have been friends for 24 years I'm thinking:)




This Easter towel and sweet Bunny dish was a surprise gift from Linda at LindanJake's Blog. She is a sweetie for SURE!!! THANK YOU Linda. Her blog name is her name and her dog, Jake who is learning to use "wheels" to walk again. I'm sure she would love to have you visit her :) She has great decorating ideas and I appreciate her friendship!!! Plus Jake is so sweet and precious.
I had so MANY blessing the last couple of days!!! Before I forget...the name that was drawn is
....Roberta Anne from Raggedy Girl.... So, Roberta Anne, please email me you address so I get send out the cards. Thank you.
How was your Easter?? Mine was good and now back to better food choices. My baby sister has been on WW for awhile and she looks GREAT!!! and she even wants to lose MORE...so, I don't want to be the FAT sister...so my plan is cutting out desserts, chocolate and treats. I'll start with that... it's always a struggle..isn't it!!!
Can't wait to see what's new with You!!!

Warmly,
Deb


22 comments:

Janet, said...

I remember doing the eggs with my children, my mom would come out and help them dye them. Good luck on losing weight, I'm trying, also. My husband has been counting points for almost a week now. Of course, today we cheated, back to counting tomorrow. Happy Easter.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love dying eggs with our grandchildren. Have a great week...m.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Deb, your new banner certainly fits the name of your blog. That's what it looks like at our house after Lindsey and me have been garage saling. I like seeing all the wonderful gifts you've been given. You are so deserving. Have a wonderful week! Twyla

Sher said...

You are too funny - I can't envision you being "the fat" anything! Good thrift finds! I have a group of brass candlestick holders that have just been sitting because I can't decide whether I want to polish them or paint them. What would you do?

Pearl said...

Always enjoy seeing Kailee's smiling face... such a Cutie! Wonderful thrifting finds, Deb... I'm especially fond of your new purse... great color! Your friend sure did a terrific job on the collage... such lovely gifts she sent to you... aren't birthday's fun?! Sweet Bunny plate 'n towel for your Easter surprise... You must have a really BIG mailbox... LOL

So glad that your Easter was Beautiful ♥ ... Hope this week is off to a good start...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Faye said...

I LOVED DYING EGGS WITH THE GRANGS!OH BUT WHAT A MESS WE MADE!LOVE THE PICS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! BLESSINGS, FAYE

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ I dyed eggs with Cassie on Saturday...she will never outgrow those things...and I'm so happy! I can't tell you how happy I am that she's back home...maybe it shows!!!

I want to diet too...but it's so hard. I get home and just want to fall on the couch and not move for the whole night!

Hugs!
Lil Sis

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Looks like you had fun. It's hard to loose weight around children. Have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Brook

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Deb! Looks like you were having a ball dying the eggs! I remember those days!!

LOVE the pink purse and denim jacket!!

Hope you had a lovely Easter,

xo
Becky

Raggedy Girl said...

Deb:

Imagine how surprised I was to be admiring sweet little stickered Kailee and find my name as a winner. Thank you and how sweet.

Have A Marvelous Monday
from Roberta Anne
"The Raggedy Girl"

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
Cute pictures of Kailee. This is the first year that my Daughter didn't color eggs, was kind of weird. I love the jean jacket. I am glad that you had a good Easter.
Hugs,
Kathy

Joy said...

What cute pressie's. Love the bunny dish.

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Ahhhh, sweet pictures and brings back memories! Love your new finds!

Hugs!
Maryjane

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Deb, first I want to thank you for the card, it was so thoughtful.
It looks like ya had a great Easter. I've always said you find the neatest treasures.
Blessings,
Bonnie

Glenda said...

Silly girl. I don't get to do this anymore. No grandkids on little ones around. I remember having a lot of fun.

Cute finds.

CIao

rosechicfriends said...

Deb..you are so deserving of the beautiful things you found and were gifted with. I can't even remember if I thanked you for the card you sent..but I did a little thing in my latest blog at the bottom showing that sweet card and how GOD had it come at JUST the right time. Thanks for being used of HIM!

Blessings..Lorena

Brenda Eason said...

What some cute things.I guess I missed your birthday.

Linda said...

Hi Deb....Happy Easter a little late...we had a wonderful one too.
Love all your goodies...especially the wonderfu friendshop collage from your friend..I clicked on it and it is very special..hugs, Linda

Angie said...

I love that she stuck stickers all over her face...lol! That is adorable. Looks like you two had lots of fun...you are such a good gramma! I did not know it was your birthday and now I feel like the most horrid friend for not knowing!!!!! My goodness...how did I not catch that?! Sigh. Happy Belated Birthday..I hope it was a good one! LOvE yA LoTs! Angie

Shirl said...

Hello , How cute, it's been a long time since we died eggs in this house. Love that pink purse!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Faye said...

DEB,PLEASE PRAY FOR MY DAUGHTERS AUTISM CONF. TODAY.THE INFO IS POSTED ON MY BLOG! BLESSINGS, FAYE

Just Between Us Girls said...

Dear Deb,
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments about our dear Taber. He is a joyful puppy and fills the house with love.
I adore all your gifts and pretty treasures. Silver items often look grand spray painted. I loved when we do this. Have a great Spring...I wish you GOOD HEALTH AND HAPPINESS always.
Kindest thoughts,
Pat