Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easy Before and After, Cards...and more

I bought myself some flowers for my birthday, which is on Sunday the 19th. These were $12.00 a bunch for Easter...I bought them on Monday for $3.00 a bunch...I Love A Great Deal :) Last week I was in the card making mode and made these. Love the color combinations and the theme of birdies and bird cages.
Below is the mantle for summer. I'll be tweaking it a little. I like a cleaner, simple look for the summer. I think the "busts" look good on the mantle...yep...a little "tweaking" is in order...



This little table is going to HQ and I almost missed the before photo....


Below...AFTER...it needs one more coat of paint and then off to a new home!!! Love the details in the woodwork. It was in very rough shape...






I am copying this idea I saw Tuesday while at a favorite store of mine.. This is what you will need: Bird seed, cute little bird and clear jar with lid....add bird seed to bottom of jar, place birdie in jar, cover with lid... Put on shelf and ENJOY....Super easy, cute, cheap and simple spring decoration :) Feel free to make one for yourself... I forgot to see how much they were selling for at the store...I'm sure more than I would pay!












Tomorrow I am "working" my 4 hours shift at HQ. I traded my Saturday hours so that hubby and I can do some fun stuff for my birthday:) weekend. There are estate sales to go to and a HUGE outdoor/indoor Flea Market to go to!!! FUN, FUN, FUN !!!
On Sunday the plan is: kids coming over to help clean up the yard, trim bushes, rake and paint the front of the house on the bottom where the old color is still showing (the cement bricks) if weather permits and then we'll have Pizza for my birthday meal. They don't have any money and I would rather have them help me than buy me a gift:) This week if flying bye...
You all have a good weekend and I'll "talk" to you soon...Keeping my fingers crossed that hubby will get me flowers for my birthday... he isn't into birthdays...guess it's a "chick" thing!!!
Spring is Here and the weather is Wonderful....Time to enjoy...
Warmly ~
Deb :)

22 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You have been so busy & creative, Deb. I just love the little white table...and those flowers are absolutely gorgeous! Happy almost Birthday! What a cute idea with the little birdie too. I can barely keep up with all of your great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing... Your banner looks great as well! :)

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Rose Haven said...

Happy Birthday, Deb!!!

I love the table...and your birdie idea!! So cute.

I noticed your new header...very nice. I figured after EASTER you'd take down the other one. If you want to eliminate the hopping bunny....delete the HTML above your posts (in layout). Also, feel free to change your BACKGROUND to something that matches your new header better...just delete what's in the BACKGROUND box at the bottom of your side-bar (again in Layout) and select a background from somewhere else.

~Blessings,
Jan

kathi said...

What a cute little idea for the birdseed! I'm going to copy that!
Hope you have a great birthday weekend!

*Noelle* said...

your cards are very pretty!! i have wanted to get into card making for awhile; because they are so expensive! the table looks great!

good idea for the apothecary jar too! i just bought my first one recently and love filling it with pretty things!

hope you have a wonderful birthday Deb!!

noelle :)

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Deb. You have been busy! Love the table and cards. Hope you have a great day! Hugs, Sharon

Michele said...

Ohhhh Sis, I love that table. Darn it, I wish we lived closer! That birdie container is just the cutest!

Happy soon to be birthday!

Lots of hugz,
Lil Sis

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

Happy Birthday Girlfriend!
I love those pretty flowers! They make any occasion extra special don't they?!
What a great before and after...of that table... it has such beautiful details....you did a great job!
I love the pretty jar idea too...I may have to use that one...
Big Hug,
Queenie~

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

The cards are so pretty. I wish you a very happy Birthday...m.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You are so talented, Deb. I love the table and the little bird jar. I hope you are having a wonderful birthday week. So good that you switched HQ hours. I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend! Twyla

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, Happy Early Birthday!!! My birthday is the 20th, Monday! Your cards turned out really pretty! ...and I love the bird in the jar idea. Might have to "borrow" that one! :) ~hugs, Rhonda

Sandi said...

Deb,
I am new to your blog and just read your profile...we could be twinkies! I absolutely LOVE garage sales, flea markets, junk stores, side of the road junk (LOL) , CHOCOLATE, pretty magazines and I am a Christian as well! Will be popping by whenever I can!
Blessings!

Margaret Cloud said...

Very nice cards, you always do a good job and always find the nicest things. Hope you have a nice Birthday weekend.

Sandi said...

oopps forgot to say I love the table and the idea of the bird and birdseed inside the glass jar. AND I thought I did good getting roses marked down to $5.00 a dozen before Easter...you did great!!
Blessings!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Very Creative! Love that table you found...great transformation. cherry

Pearl said...

I love seeing all of your awesome creations, Deb... your talents always amaze me! Sweet cards and a terrific job on the table! And, you know I love birdies, and think your seed jar is simply beautiful ♥

I hope that your birthday weekend is off to a great start! Will talk with you soon...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

April ~ AUTISM Awareness Month~

Joy said...

How adorable. Love the table and the bird seed idea inside the jar is too cute!

Debbie Kay said...

Hi Deb:

I would have paid you whatever you asked for that adorable table!!!

Love ya,

Debbie Kay

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

What a deal on the beautiful flowers!!! The table looks like a million bucks!
Happy Happy birthday!!!
Beth

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Beautiful flowers Deb! I hope you get another bouquet on your birthday!!!!!

The apothecary jar looks so sweet.
Happy Birthday to you!

Blessings, Brook

princess said...

GREAT table!


PPPP

Judy said...

What a cute spring centerpiece idea. Now where are my jars? Sorry I haven't been around, just busy and trying to keep computer time at a minimum still. Thank you so much for the lovely card and I hope you got those flowers. Happy Birthday!

KatCollects said...

Ok, now I know when your Birthday was : ) The bird cards you made are adorable, and I love the little white table. I hope you are having a good week.
Hugs,
Kathy