Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Sign of Spring

Can you believe that this is the first "flower" that I have blooming...however, I "picked" it and now it's gone :)
This very sweet tag was made by Kathy from Kat Collects. She is part of the little swap that we are doing. THANK YOU Kathy...It's great!!!

This is one of my "projects"... 5 doors that MUST be stained and varnished this YEAR. They have been in the garage WAY TOO LONG...and it's my job to get them done so hubby can put them up. I do the staining, etc and he does the installation.


I REALLY asked for this as a birthday gift...yep...a lawnmower...it's a long story and we found this one at one of the estate sales this past weekend. They were asking $95.00 we bought it for $60.00 !!! Our front and back yard are divided by a fence with NO gate...so when I mow the yard I have to go up the outside steps, hauling the mower, thru the sun room, then out the door and mow the front. So, any easy answer to this problem, a 2nd mower...after 5 years of this problem...it's finally solved, even if I had to ask for a mower for my birthday...Hubby said he would put a gate up...STILL waiting...



This is the birthday gift I picked out at the flea market on Saturday that hubby bought for me.
It will go into the garden once the garden is dug out and the flowers are planted. Maybe this Sunday the kids can help me with this. Last Sunday was cold and rainy so nothing was done.
Except eating pizza for my birthday :)








The sand and shells are from Pearl that she sent me along with the sweet note. I think it looks perfect in this jar:) Wished I lived by the ocean. Thank you Pearl :)
It's almost the weekend and on Saturday I'm having a few gals over and we are going to make cards for the day, have lunch, treats and share ideas. We try to get together every few months and take turns to "hostess".
I'm thinking I'll have to find a couple of garage sales to go to tomorrow. Not many listed in the paper. There is a sign for one just a few blocks from the house...
The weather "people" say we may have temps in the 80's tomorrow...loving that :) Maybe I'll also rake the yard...nah...I think I'll just enjoy the day...
Take care!!
Warmly,
Deb :)




23 comments:

*Noelle* said...

love that gate for your garden! i want to garage sale this weekend too;) i've never really done it before but i am addicted to thrift store housewares now!! lol its like a mission, to see what you'll find!!

noelle :)

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Deb!! LOVE your lil garden gate, that is sweet!!! I have plenty of those lil yellow "flowers" on my lawn too. No sales here yet, WA is always a bit behind because it takes so long to dry up.

Hugs,
Robin

Brenda Eason said...

Love your gate. I wish my back yard was cleaned up and I had would in my ivy garden.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Wow...you have Garage Sales on Thursday? Neat...

Hey...hate to be the bearer of bad news...but isn't that "flower" a weed. Oh well...it is still pretty. haha

Have fun with your girlfriends this weekend...what a fun get-together!


Stay Cozy in that 80 degree weather,
Carrie

Faye said...

deb,i love the gate and your sweet little garden!you can always find the best deals! blessings, faye

Janet, said...

A late happy birthday to you. Love your gate and lawnmower. Isn't it funny how we start liking practical things for our birthdays. We have yard sales on Thursdays, too. That's one of our first signs of spring. . . yardsales! Gotta go, we've got one to go to now.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Happy Birthday Deb!!!

What a great birthday gift! I love those kind of gifts. Hope you have a wonderful celebration. And have fun with that gorgeous gate!!

Hugs, Sherry

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

YAY SPRING!!!!! I am so excited, lol! My son brought me a bouquet of dandelions the other day and i was so excited to see them, it was much better than roses!!
Hugs,
Amy

Raggedy Girl said...

I think that in a field far from your front yard a carpet of dandelions could be very pretty. But I understand why it had to go.

The Raggedy Girl--Roberta Anne

Margaret Cloud said...

Well, good luck on all those doors, at least you don't have to put them up. One year I ask my husband for a leaf blower and got it, why not get what is useful. Good luck on your garden and thank you for coming by.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I hope you are enjoying your day and found some great stuff at sales. That is a cute lawn mower. I can certainly see why you wanted one! Looks like you've got your work cut out for you with those doors. Twyla

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

Hey Deb!
I love that garden gate....I know you are gonna love that in your flower garden...what welcoming temps you are expecting too! Yay for you! I know you are ready.
Thanks for all you said on my blog sweetie...You know I'll be dropping by and catching up with you. I really love your blog ...I Hope you have a great weekend of hunting treasures! I'll be thinking of you when I'm on the hunt!
Big Hug,
Queenie~

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

P.S. I love your new banner!!!

linda said...

LOVE your new banner...ADORABLE!

I can't believe you're finally getting some decent weather. It's about time I'd say!

A lawnmower for your birthday...why not!?! I'm practical that way too!

I sooo wish I lived close to you so that I could stop by this weekend for your girl get together. What fun! Have a great time!

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ I love your new gate!!! I have so many of those little yellow "flowers"...I dislike them very much! I once got a lawnmower for mother's day...it was a great gift, because we got divorced that summer!!!

Have a great day!
Hugz,
Michele

Pearl said...

Hi Deb... Such a pretty ornamental gate for your garden... Can't say that I'm too excited about your lawnmower, though! LOL

The sand 'n shells look great in your jar... so glad you like them ♥

Hope you have fun 'n success at your "thrifting" adventures... and I hope your card-making party is fun, fun, fun! Enjoy your beautiful weather...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

~whispers~ ...avoid those doors...

Sher said...

I expected your "flower" to be a daffodil, tulip, even a crocus - certainly not a dandelion! LOL! Have you "tested" your granddaughter yet to see whether she likes butter? Or is she too old for that?

Tami said...

Deb~

Thanks for stopping by A Girl's Gotta Nest....for the sweet comments...I have entered you into the giveawy.

I so love the garden gate you got for your Birthday....beautiful!!
I've check out a few of your other posts to some good ideas going on here.

Do visit my other blog Aunt Mimi's Creations. I have a little of everything going on there.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs~T

Kim's Treasures said...

I love the iron gate! How fun to be having girls over! I tried having everyone over but people are just too busy or sad around here. (The economy has everyone down or without jobs here). Have a blast!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Hi Deb -

Yeah, the spring cleaning isn't that fun...but I came across some treasures I bought before I moved that I had immediately packed away. Yippee. My camera decided not to cooperate, but I'm hoping to post pictures tomorrow. (I really have to get a new camera) LOVE the gate...it's gorgeous!! I have the same flowers in my front yard LOL, I watered them w/roundup. ;) Have fun with the gals this weekend. Remember to share pictures of the beautiful cards you'll be making.

Shanda said...

Happy Birthday, I love the gate you picked out for your gift. It will look very nice with the flowers.

Emily said...

Hi Deb!! I absolutely love your new garden gate!! I know its going to look wonderful once all the flowers start to bloom! Have a great weekend!!

Emily

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛