Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's almost EASTER and I was BUSY !!!

It's almost Easter...Thank you Jesus for the Greatest Gift...Salvation...
Isn't this cup so sweet!! We went to an estate sale on Friday and found a few items. This one has bunnies on this side and.... Pretty blue flowers on the other side. It's on my white shelf.


oops...out of order...the food you see below had a TOTAL COST of $16.00...dollars days at a local grocery store...


I know...most of it isn't that healthy for us...but for a buck per item !!!!



This sweet little plate is CHINTZ... my favorite china to collect. It was only $1.00, yup a buck and a lady at the sale said..."Oh, isn't that a cute plate"...I think she was jealous and wanted it:) MINE!!! I will have to look it up on the Internet and see what value it has.




More treasure for the monthly sale at HQ which is during my BIRTHDAY weekend!!! Yup, I'm having a birthday this month. Hint...my birthday is sometime between April 16-19...I do have to work my shift at HQ and one of the gals traded days so I can enjoy my weekend.





Remember my Busts...well...looks like they had a daughter :) I found her Saturday at the thrift store. I have no idea why I'm all of a sudden finding them and loving them. After Easter I'll put them on the mantle.






I was SO in the MOOD to make cards this weekend. These are for the card swap next month that I swap at. The theme is: Ladies Birthdays. I just fell in love with these ladies and will make a few extra for a surprise that I'll post about later this week. Don't you just love surprises!???
Friday after the estate sale I went to HQ to drop off stuff for the sale. When I was ready to leave my Jeep decided not to start. I was having problems with it starting and thought it could be the battery..hubby "looked" at it and also thought it "Could" be the battery and wanted to wait awhile. (WHY...?) The battery died on Friday, so hubby had to come out and we went to WM and bought a new battery. I'm thankful he is his own Boss...and that he could take care of the Jeep during the day. I'm also thankful he know about cars :)
When I woke up this Palm Sunday morning there was SNOW on the ground...bummer...it's all melted now, 7 PM, but it's still cold....
So, I'm wondering...what are your Easter Plans??? Are you making the Easter meal, going out to eat or to someones home? I'll be having a meal here, not sure which meal as I have to talk to the "kids" and see what they have going on.
I hope you all had a great weekend and NO Snow where you live! Let's prepare for a lovely Easter Celebration!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)





24 comments:

cityfarmer said...

My Grandma wore Evening in Paris...wish i had the bottle that used to grace her dreser!

You hit the mother load, girl

Raggedy Girl said...

What a neat little post about this and that...like a sweet talk among friends. I love your treasures. We are taking the kidlets out because my hand still has stitches from my surgery.

Roberta Anne

Brenda Eason said...

I really need your mug! It matches my kitchen so good. I also love your bust,,opps the bust. I have always liked them ,but never collected. I think I would if I found on sale.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am preparing my heart and mind for Easter. I am cleaning out the cob webs in my house and life.I am cooking for my children and grands...m.

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Deb. Thank you for the lovely Easter card! I am SO ready for spring...flowers...garden...and weekend trips! You were lucky this weekend with your finds. Hugs, Sharon

ATTIC CLUTTER said...

Deb :)
Oh I am too glad you came by to visit..Your banner is darling and the Bunny cup was a great find.. `keep on a coming` and I'll be back ~
Easter will be dinner with all the family here ..I'm not positive what I'll make yet..We love strawberry shortcake with the angel food cake ..SO that will be a must(:)
Have a good Easter ..
hugs, Patty

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh! I'm loving the Evening in Paris powder box! You found some great items. Your 'family' of busts look complete now. They will look lovely on your mantle. Twyla

Carol said...

We had a blizzard in NW Iowa. Church was canceled, and we had a hard time getting out on the gravel roads, which were not plowed. We made it to a family dinner, took the grandkids home to play in the snow/mud/water puddles, and it all melted by evening. Today, Monday, the sun is shining!!! Oh Spring, when will you really get here?

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

Hey Deb!
What great finds!
I always love seeing what you find and....I am really liking those busts alot! That's great that you found another one! They are gonna look fantastic on your mantel.
That's great that your Jeep is fixed now and that darling hubby could take care of it too!
That chintz plate is so pretty...
Hope you have a great week and that some spring weather will be coming your way soon....I know you are ready! P.S. I'm an April Baby too! It's nice having a birthday in the Spring isn't it?!
Big Hug,
Queenie~

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ thank you so much for the Easter card..it means so much to me and is displayed on my table with all my bunnies and eggs!

I guess I'll cook dinner after church...making a pork roast on the grill...yummy!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Sher said...

Deb, you are the sweetest friend! Thank you for my card! I really appreciate it and included it in today's blog post!
Hugs,
Sher

Pearl said...

As always...
the Garage Sale Gal
hits the Mother~Load!

What FUN to see all of your awesome goodies! I agree with you, that bunny cup is very sweet ♥ ... Neat bag of buttons and just Love that tole tray... My favorite is the Evening in Paris powder box... Beautiful...

You did great on your food bargains, too... a real blessing in these hard times... That is a Beautiful Vintage Easter Postcard, too... I love the ones with Crosses on them...

I'm excited about your upcoming Birthday! Hope you get a big cake and lots of flowers 'n bling! Also, hope you don't get anymore snow... UGH... Talk with you soon...
God bless...

~hugs, love ♥ 'n prayers~

Pearl

Faye said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST!BLESSINGS, FAYE

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Love the collections of busts and the Evening in Paris! Your blog is adorable!
Hugs,
Beth

Betty G said...

You ARE a bargain shopper. Looks like it's your house for a good old fashioned weenie roast! Love all of you goodies too!
~Luv~Betty G~

Glenda said...

You found more great things as usual.

Chintz too is a favorite.

Ciao

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
I love the cards you made, I found that paper at loved it too. And of course I love the little bunny cup. You found some great things. Great deal on the food, you gotta love those specials.
Hugs,
Kathy

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Good MOrning!
Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments were so nice. I hope you have a wonderful Easter and it sounds like you are planning a great birthday weekend as well! Come back anytime!
Smiles,
Beth

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

What great finds!! I love that bunny cup :) And the plate is so pretty!
Hugs,
Amy

Mildred said...

I found your blog thru Rechelle and Roberta Anne. You really got some great items. I love the chintz plate and the blue/white cup with bunnies is precious. We'll be staying home for the traditional Easter dinner. We've had some cooler weather and rain in GA this week, but for now it's 65 and sunny. Easter blessings to you and your family.

sherri said...

I was drawn to check out your blog because of its name. I love garage sales and estate sales too! It's also fun to see what other people find.

Margaret Cloud said...

You always have the best stuff, love the Bunny cup, hope the battery fixed your car. I think you make the best cards and at the card swap they fight over them. Hope you hav a nice Easter.

rosechicfriends said...

Hi Deb!
I finally got rid of my headache and wanted to come in a thank you for the beautiful card you sent me! I just love it! You are one of the most caring, sweet gals ever!

My neice's b-day is the 19th too~ Happy B-day early...just in case I forget, something I seem to do a lot! lol

I wish you are your family the best Easter Ever!!!

Blessings...Lorena

chenlina said...

chenlina20160608
michael kors handbags
beats by dr dre
air jordan pas cher
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet
cartier watches
louis vuitton
longchamp bags
coach outlet
air jordans
jordan 3
nike air max
fitflops sale clearance
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
lebron shoes
timberland outlet
hollister clothing
michael kors handbags
adidas superstars
burberry outlet
tiffany outlet
toms shoes
nike air force 1
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet online
nfl jerseys wholesale
nike air max 90
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet store online clearances
nike trainers
true religion outlet
nike sb shoes
kate spade handbags
coach factory outlet
nike factory outlet
as