Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thrifting Thursday and Garage Sailing

YES....He is the "KING" of his little world :) I made a "perch" for him so he can look outside while I'm on the computer...can we say "SPOILED"!!! These are from the 2 garage sales that I went to. One of the hymnals is from 1928. Slim pickin's for me and what I'm looking for.
Below are my Thrift Store finds. 1 vintage towel, sweet stationery, 4 pretty dessert plates, princess house glass jar with lid, very pretty cottage plate with hollyhock flowers on it and a couple other items. Even thought I make cards...stationery "calls" to me LOL






This morning I helped a friend with her sale. Both of her parents are now in Heaven, the house is sold and they have gone thru their things...so she needed to have a sale. There was a good variety of treasures as many other family members had their stuff to sell...and I didn't take a photo..sorry... it was busy while I was there and forgot all about taking some pics.
Do you know Glenda, from Many Fond Memories??!! She is a fellow blogger and is feeling lonely and I'm thinking once you go visit her and leave a COMMENT...her spirits will be lifted up. She loves the stuff we do and has a great post. How about giving her some support and blog love?! Thanks, friends!!! We all love comments and love to meet new gals.
Not sure what the weekend holds for me. The city is having free curb side pick up of JUNK that you don't want. They will come by on Saturday and I have some "crap" that needs to go...so I have to help hubby clean out his garage LOL...he has the double garage and I have the attached single ..plus they take branches. People put great stuff out. My son is looking for furniture and I said "look around the neighborhood"...there are some High End houses just down the block. I have picked up a small 3 drawer night stand in great shape...FREE...so I might be out tomorrow myself looking for free treasures.
Warmly,
Deb :)

17 comments:

Debbie Kay said...

Oh Deb, I love the treasures you found, especially the desert plates. I am going to do a post about my "plate fetish" and share some of the plates I call "treasures". Great finds, love you lady!

Debbie Kay

Denise said...

Yes, I can say "spoiled"!! LOL My little dog, Spikey, sits on my lap when I'm on the computer, too! Another spoiled boy.

XXDenise

Glenda said...

You sweet thing, mentioning my hysterics. I am out of my funk now.

You always find some great things.

CIao

Kim's Treasures said...

Great finds! I cannot believe someone put out a 3 drawer nightstand for free!

Have a wonderful night!
Kim

Oh...your doggy looks so happy in the window!

Pearl said...

Hi Deb...
Love the Poochie~Perch you made and the photo of the King sitting by the window ~chuckles~

You're so lucky with the Awesome tea-towels you seem to always find... the one with the Red Tulips is Beautiful...

Good Luck with all of the Garage cleaning and with your "curb side shopping"! It truly is amazing what folks will discard... Cannot wait to hear what you 'n your son find this weekend! Talk with you soon...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I recently found two old hymmnals too!! Had to have them at .25 each!
The doggie perch is wonderful!!
Hope your day is great!!
Beth

Margaret Cloud said...

You do find the neatest things, I am amazed at how many garage sales you go to. We are finally starting the sales around here. Tomorrow our town is having a city wide garage sale and I picked up a map at City Hall. Have a nice weekend and thank you for coming by.

belladella said...

Wonderful, wonderful finds! I can't wait to go yardsaling tomorrow!

Thanks for your visit to BellaDella. So happy to have you and hope you stop back by. I will definitely check back here to see what more wonderful stuff you have found.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Kim

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ Oh my, that little doggie is indeed spoiled, and so darn cute! You got some good treasures...love that little jar!

Have fun "junking"..I'm hoping to hit a few sales tomorrow...Glenn has GOT to fix my car..it sounds like a truck with a broken muffler! I've been in kind of a funk lately too!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Deb, You have the best thrift stores, nothing like that around here. Probably because everyones treasures went under water.
I found just doing a little each day on the sewing room organization has really been the key. You want believe the progress you make.
Keep crafting,
Bonnie

Viv (VivLyn) said...

You found some really nice treasures! I will stop by your friends blog and say hi! Your little pup is so cute and my kitties are all spoiled rotten, so totally understand!

emily said...

Your dog is too cute! You found some great things, especially at the scrap bookers and card makers sale!! Gotta love those free items at the side of the road!!
~emily

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

He is a real beauty. have a Blessed weekend my friend...m.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Hi Deb!!! How are you doing my friend?! Love that little PH jar/lid. I have a love affair with crystal.
I'm sorry i haven't been by. I fear I've been neglectful. We've all been doing well over here. Just busy, busy, busy. We're getting ready for my dad's 80th bday and we've been refreshing the house, painting what needs painting, fixing what needs fixing and we're sprucing up our backyard and patio area...yes after 9 nine years. lol!
I wish our city would do an "everything goes" day, but it doesn't. Luckily our trash service will pick up our junk 2x a year without an extra cost.
Aw, sweet puppy on his perch. Darn right he is the kind of his terrier world, lol!
Give him a pat and the others too!
Hugs!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Little JB looks so sweet on his throne. He's a lucky pooch to have you for a mom. Twyla

Queenie's Vintage Finds and Treasures said...

Hey Girl!
Oh it's been so much fun catching up with you! I've missed you! I love the anniversary gift hubby got you and that table is gorgeous too! I wish I had one like that one....
Happy Anniversary to you both!
I loved seeing all of your recent finds too. Isn't Spring and Summer so much fun! I know you have been having a ball seeking your treasures! I want to tell you how much I love the embroidered framed pictures that you sent. I have them hung in a special spot, and everytime I pass them I think of you and the kindness you've always shown to me. Just know that even if I'm not getting over here to visit you as often as I used to, that you are still in my thoughts, my dear friend.
I hope you have a great evening!
Big Hug,
Queenie

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色