Sunday, May 10, 2009

A NICE WEEKEND

These are the flowers that my Son gave me for Mom's day!!! Oh they are so beautiful. Guess I "trained" him right!!! My daughter gave me almost the same bouquet :) Today was a GREAT Day!!!
These are a couple of the flower ATC cards I made for the swap. I had a hard time getting my ideas on paper and having everything "gel"...

Hubby washed off the patio and the water made a little puddle...and little Jackson Brown made it a bigger puddle...you don't see how DIRTY this little guy got....I ended up giving him a bath which he isn't fond of...IMAGE THAT !!! At least he had a moment of FUN...BOYS !!! Digger....NO DIGGING!!! Jackson Brown has MANY NAMES.....



This little chickadee has a nest in the birdhouse in the front yard. This is the 3rd year that they have made a nest. I haven't seen any babies and hope to this year. It's hard to get a photo of them. They are too quick for me. The chickadee is my FAVORITE bird. Friday I went to an estate by myself as hubby was still working and it was a pretty good sale. Below are some of the things I bought for resell. See the Cecil and Beany book? I have Cecil, the stuffed animal that talks when you pull the string. I watched that show as a kid. Lots of buttons, a couple of gnomes, books and MORE...



BELOW is my "garden"...it's overgrown, full of weeds and shamefully ugly and mistreated...










This below is the after ...didn't my son do a great job!!! I'll be planting soon. The "kids" and Kailee came over early afternoon and we worked outside. My strong Son dug out the garden and dear daughter painted the front of the house where the old green was showing on the cement foundation blocks.
After the work was done we had pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, fresh green salad, baked beans, chips and fresh strawberries. It tasted pretty good. The pork had been in the crock pot cooking since 8 AM this morning. It' so easy that way and very good !!! My Mom joined us. She has lost 30+ pounds and is feeling so much better. I guess it's my turn to lose some weight!! My baby sister has lost about the same as Mom and she looks Great!! Her legs are so skinny.
Dessert.....S'MORE'S .... we were burning brush that had been trimmed so that was perfect for making them. I haven't had them in YEARS and they were Delicious!!!
It was a NICE WEEKEND....How was Yours??
Update on FIL....he had his last chemo treatment and isn't feeling good from the treatment. Thankfully he is done and can start feeling better.
This is my 171 post...I didn't think I was that "chatty"....LOL...
Warmly,
Deb :)







25 comments:

Diane said...

You sure did do a wonderful job raising your children and now they are great young adults. Those flowers are breathtaking, and how sweet to get your garden help from your son. And your daughter to do the paint touch-up, I am impressed!
Happy Mothers Day to you too.
Hugs, Diane

Pearl said...

Hi Deb...
Such a "newsy" post... Love it! Those flowers from your son are Beautiful... Lucky you! And, he did an awesome job fixing your garden up for you... such good kids you have ♥ I'm so glad that your Mother's Day was Great... you sure did deserve a Wonderful day...
As always, just Loved all of the goodies you found at the sales... buttons 'n hankies ~swoons~ ...Thanks for the sneak-peak at the Flower ATC's... Excellent job... can't wait for the mail to arrive!
Terrific photo of dirty JB... NO JB, NO NO NOOOOOooooooo! Naughty Dog!! LOL ... Hopefully he and the other poochies will settle down 'n behave this week... Will talk with you soon...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

Denise said...

The flowers are beautiful!

XXdenise

Holly said...

Lovely bouquet, Deb! I always prefer live flowers and my guys know that so that's what I get.

Boy do we miss our older kids being around to do things like weed, paint and mow! It was a major adjustment for us at first. we were like, "You mean WE have to mow all this grass ourselves?" Ha!

Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. I did too except I missed my boys so much! Boo-hoo! ♥

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Happy Mother's Day sweetie!!! Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! What a sweetie he is :) I hope you had a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Amy

The Tattered Cottage said...

How blessed you are to have such thoughtful, loving children. Beautiful flowers! Love all the treasures you got. Happy Mother's Day!
Toni

Michele said...

Happy Mother's Day Sis! Sorry I'm a day late! What wonderful kids you have! Cassie and Mark got me one of those upside down tomato plants. Hopefully, I won't kill it!

Love the goodies you found...we went to the flea market yesterday...didn't find too much. A few rhinestone pins and earrings.

Have a great week!
Hugz,
Lil Sis

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

HI Deb! Happy Belated Mother's day to you. It sounds like you had a fabulous and fun day. The garden looks great! Your handsome son did a wonderful job and it's great that your dd is there to chip in and help paint :0)
What will you be planting in that garden of yours?
I've been so busy working in the yard I've had little time to blog and I miss everyone.
Have a wonderful Monday!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am so glad you had such a special weekend. You so deserved it as the very special person he is...m...

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Sorry that should read as the special person you are. OOOPS....hugs Mary

Twyla and Lindsey said...

So glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Your garden looks wonderful. Your flowers are beautiful. Twyla

Kim's Treasures said...

WOW sounds like a great weekend! I almost took a before pic of my garden today. It's really bad!

Your kids did a great job picking out flowers for you : )

I seem to remember that Santa book that you picked up at the estate sale. I may have had that one.

Have a great night!
Kim

Sher said...

We get the nice weather today and maybe tomorrow, too - then, we're back to rain! That's okay, I appreciate the sun when we get it because I know I'll be complaining about the heat from it in a few weeks!

Our veggie garden is finally out now, too. Lots of canning ahead!!!

Hugs,
Sher

Janet, said...

sounds like you had a very nice Mother's day. That was great of him to do the garden, I hate weeding, that's what I've been doing down at my blackberry patch this past week. The flowers you received are beautiful.

Rosie said...

Isn't it great to have loving kids who are happy to work for us? What a blessing! Looks like you had a nice score at the Estate sale...I used to have that stuffed "Cecil the Sea Sick Sea Serpent" you are talking about! I was such a skinny kid, I could wear him around my waist! Ha! Not any more!
Happy Mothers Day!
Rosie

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Oh my, how sweet of your son! The flowers are beautiful and that garden spot looks wonderful. I'm so happy for you Deb.

Happy Gardening,
Brook

Allidink said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog :) Oh my little Jackson Brown is so stinkin' cute! Nice to hear that you had a great Mother's Day! I love pulled pork :) How sweet that you have a little birdie staying with you :) Can't wait to see if there's any little babies.

All the best,
Allison

Angie said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you! My garden...and I use that term loosely..is a massive pile of weeds and grass clippings. Sigh. I feel overwhelmed when I look at it so I may just close the curtains and not look at it...lol. Easier to keep up with the inside! I am glad your children helped you out so much..that is the best gift!

LOvE Ya ~Angie

Margaret Cloud said...

Don't you just love it when the children remember you and do such wonderful things, the flowers are just beautiful, not to mention those cards. I have never seen a chickadee's nest, sadly we only have a couple around here. Glad your mom's day was great.

Judy said...

What a wonderful weekend you had. And so productive. Your garden looks wonderful. The flowers are so pretty. Your kids are so sweet. Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

bee'nme said...

So happy you had a wonderful Mother's Day Deb!! You so deserve it! And aren't those roses spectacular! And the garden transformation...WOW! Your kids are great! And you know how I LOVE estate/garage sale goodies...look at all your great finds! Hankies and buttons and trims all make me giddy :o) Nice haul!

Hope this upcoming weekend is wonderful too...happy saling...and planting...and weeding :o)

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky S. at Just Bee 'n Me

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Wow, your flowers are gorgeous!!! Your garden looks so nice and soon it will be fun to gather fresh veggies! Yum!

Joyce said...

Your garden will be so wonderful when things are planted. It is such a great size! I love the Little Red Riding Hood. You always find the neatest things. I have that crackle stuff but haven't used yet. I love the way the mirror turned out so I've got to try it on something. You're so inspiring Deb!!

Neabear said...

That is great that you have your kids around to hang and with and do things together as a family. Mine live to far away. I sure miss having them around. Sounds like you had great day getting your yard in tip top shape.

I am behind in reading blogs, catching up on yours today.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛