Saturday, May 23, 2009

This and That from the past week

These "bridal" bushes go along the fence in the back yard. From the side of the garage to the back of the yard and are just beautiful. Too cute...this bunny planter has pansy's in it and one decided to be an "hair" ornament on the bunny all by it's self. The bunny planter was a thrift store buy and I added some color to the bunny.


Tuesday was Grandparent's Day at Kailee's school. We listen to them sing ONE song...then off to lunch with was Hot dogs from the grill...and one of Kailee's front tooth was very lose...we said just pull it out and SHE DID!!! I think she SURPRISED herself!!!


Above are finds from the estate sale a week ago on Saturday. Pretty glass knobs !!! We bought MANY items there...I just didn't want to sit at the computer and upload all of them. I have dial-up and it takes a VERY LONG TIME to post. (poor little me!!)




I went back on Sunday....and the above and below photos are items that TOTALLED $5.00 for ALL... it was FIVE DOLLAR BAG time. It seems the closer to the end of the sale, everything that fits in a bag is 5.00 LOVE those DEALS...when I came home and totalled the prices from the tags...I SAVED $95.00 WOW .....






Below are some cards that I just "threw" together. The background already had the pretty flowers on them. They were from the Target dollar spot from Mom's day collection. This is one of my favorite stamps :) Don't you just love her tennis shoes !




Hey Twyla....I just had to take a picture of the items below 'cause I sooo.. thought of you. This was in one of the antique stores that we went to on Tuesday...




I have my own little "cleaning, decorating and clutter control" company. On Monday I had my FIRST job of clutter control in a gal's craft room...she stamps at the swap we go to. Her room was pretty organized...I helped her put "like things" in one spot...etc...and worked for 3 hours and went back on Thursday and worked another 3 hours. She would like me to come back for a couple more hours in June. I may get another job from another crafter from the swap group.
I said I would mention to you gals about a web site that list garage sales from all over. Here is the site to go to: http://garagesalestracker.com....i/ don't get paid and have no relationship with them. I just said I would mention it...again...
The sales from HQ weren't as I hoped for...I'm not complaining...it give me money to spend to load up for the next sale.
Off to finish cleaning the house before company comes over for chicken kabobs from the grill...YUMMY...I'm hungry...
Enjoy the long weekend...
NO ,we DIDN'T go to any estate sales today...I think we've spent enough money for awhile....hubby is working on a project that I'll be posting about...it's the
"stinky carpet" story...
Warmly,
Deb :)








16 comments:

Judy said...

I love love love the Bunny! You always find such cool items. Have a great weekend.

Brenda said...

It's been quite awhile since I went to an estate sale. My neighbor does all that, and fills her garage on a regular basis! You got some great stuff. Kind of sad that our pansies are gone now until fall...
Brenda

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, Deb, why don't I ever run into booths filled with Pfaltzgraff like that! You do find wonderful items at sales. Twyla

The Tattered Cottage said...

Don't you just love deals like $5 a bag! Great finds, I am so jealous of the score on glass knobs you got. Love the little dish with the purple flowers! Have a great weekend.
Toni

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I too really like the bunny. It is so pretty. Have a great weekend...m.

Holly said...

Love those glass knobs! One of my dreams is to have glass door handles like the ones I remember from my childhood.

What a Phaltzgraff collection! I have those, too.

So cool that you're helping people organize! ♥

Pearl said...

Hi Deb...
As always, I Love seeing some of the Fantastic Treasures that you find in your outings! I have my Mom's old Saltine Crackers Tin... we keep it out 'n filled with Saltine's! Love the glass knobs... I'll email you with an idea on how to "use" them... saw it in a magazine some time ago... You know I Love the sweet little dish with the Violets ~swoons~ ... Did I see a Pink Chick with a flower hat?!?!
How wonderful that you have Bridal Bushes in your yard... I've always thought they were so pretty... Cute cards you made, and yes, those tennis shoes are a HOOT! LOL
Hope your BBQ was a Yummy success, and that your Holiday weekend was wonderful...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

Andrea said...

Awesome goodies! I love treasure hunting!

bee'nme said...

Hey Deb!

Holy cow - $5 grab bags - how wonderful!! Just look at all those goodies!! The glass knobs alone would be worth 10 times that or more...love them - love it all!!

I think it's wonderful that you do organizing/decorating, etc - must be a lot of fun...I would probably enjoy doing it more with someone else's stuff than my own, LOL!

Love your bridal veil bushes...just gorgeous!!!

Love your posts, Deb - they're always fun!

PS - nice score on the gorgeous ring BTW - what a sweetie of a hubby!!

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky S.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

You have been busy! Your recent finds are great!

Faye said...

Hey Deb!I loved your post.Looks like you found some great deals.Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Rosie said...

All those glass doorknobs! Lucky girl!
rosie

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute bunny and cards! Gotta love Target! You find some cool things at those estate sales! Way to go!

I need to stamp, but first I need to clean up after our drop and go weekend!

Have a great day!
Kim

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ you got some good treasures...and so cheap! I love those glass knobs!

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend...for once the Wisconsin weather was pretty darn good!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

www.GarageSaleCow.com said...

Hi Garage Sale Gal,
By chance have you ever been on the 127 sale that is coming up this August? It would be right up your alley!

Here is our current blog. http://garagesalecow.wordpress.com


~ Cowvin the Cow
http://www.GarageSaleCow.com

www.GarageSaleCow.com said...

I just noticed this..... Garage Sale Gal and Garage Sale Cow. LOL!!

~Cowvin