Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thrifting, Garage sales and lilacs

Pretty deep purple lilacs!!!
Our home was built in 1955 and we are the second owners. The first owners planted some of my favorite flowers...Lilacs. There are 4 different colors of lilacs in the yard. White, light purple, dark purple and a light lilac that has smaller flowers. The back yard smells SO good. The bushes have been neglected for many years. We are trying to trim them and cut out the old shoots that have died. It's a labor of Love.


Quick and Easy Project is below:

Above...boring mirror..below..."crackled" mirror. Crackling is easy and fun to do. Have you tried it?



The items below are from the Salvation Army thrift store. I have a REAL CLOCHE!!! and it was $1.99...and than 1/2 off..yellow tag items were 1/2 off that day!! SCORE...and do you see the Sweet Sugar Scoop...YES...I found another one and it was it's little baby scoop too!!












The items above are from garage sailing today and the thrift store. The lamp was only 2.00 and she didn't use it. It needs a "B" bulb. The little Red Riding Hood doll was in the FREE box!!
This weekend is the monthly sale at HQ and I will put in my 4 hours on Saturday. I am going to restock my space tomorrow. The owner encourages this and I haven't done it. I will as it will increase my earnings ...DUH... !!!!

Today at the thrift store I found a flower girls dress for Kailee to wear this fall for a wedding she is in with her mom. It's dear daughter's friend. It was only $6.69 and looks great. I am so glad that the Bride to Be isn't fussy about the flower girl. This really helps out dear daughter with the expenses for both of them being in the wedding. Sorry...I should have taken a photo of the dress. I'll try to take one.
Hope you all have a GREAT WEEKEND....I feel that spring is finally here in Minnesota!
Warmly,
Deb :)


19 comments:

Linda said...

I love lilacs too, they have the most delicious fragrance. You sure found some wonderful treasures...I love your cloche...enjoy...hugs, Linda

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your lilacs are to die for...it must smell like a perfume bottle in your yard...how lovely! You are always finding great garage sale stuff...

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You certainly have a good eye for treasures. You found some wonderful items today. Lilacs are so pretty, you are fortunate to have them. Twyla

Brenda Eason said...

Great items. Run over and look at my sugar scuttle. I finally found for 3$

Vintage Rose Collections said...

Love all your flowers! I would like to see a photo of the dress you found for your dear girl :)
Maryanne

BittersweetPunkin said...

Great find on the cloche!!

I crackle finished a dresser once and I loved the way it came out.

Lilacs are my all time favorite, they are just starting to bloom here.

Hugs,
Robin

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

The lilacs are gorgeous. I just love them.

Have a good weekend and I hope you do well with sales tomorrow.

Blessings,
Brook

*Noelle* said...

great stuff!! love the glass jars:)

lilacs are so lovely; wish i had some on our yard!

Holly said...

I love Lilacs too, Deb! I love catching a scent of them on the breeze! ♥

Good deal on you little vintage looking deer!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I too love lilacs and they smell so wonderful!! Have a happy weekend...m.

Glenda said...

I have lilac envy. Mine are still not blooming.
But I have hope.

You've been a busy girl lately.

Great job on the mirror. I have yet to do crackle on anything.

Ciao

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Great finds! I love the sugar scuttle!

Hope you are having a great weekend! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

cityfarmer said...

ya done good honey.


Have I got stories for you!


Isn't this the BEST time of year!!

Judy said...

I love lilacs but they don't like me. I love all your new treasures. So how do you do the crackling thing?

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Deb. Sorry I haven't been by to say hi lately. Your photos look wonderful...the yard must be beautiful! Hope you have a great week. Hugs, Sharon

abeachcottage@typepad.com said...

the lilacs are beautiful, I can almost smell them!

Sarah

Cottage Pink Perfection said...

Hi,
I stumbled onto your blog and find it interesting. I am a die-hard junker. I lovvvvve the bell shaped cloche! I want, I want, LOL! Thanks for sharing your great finds. I'll be watching for more. Have a great day!

God Bless U!
Marie

Angie said...

Ok..a bit jealous about the cloche...but happy for you! I love the scent of lilacs..what a treat! I have been to a few sales here and there but have really found nothing...well, unless you know anyone into car parts and or 80s country decor...lol. Sigh. It is early though and I hope to find a good one soon!

HUgS ~ Angie

Em @ Bunch of Scrap said...

I have that same Martha book :) It's a good one! You found some good stuff!!