Friday, May 29, 2009

TREASURES, TOOTHLESS and TAGGED

Finally, a pretty blooming flower from the front garden...

I made the cards above for the monthly swap. The theme is "Thinking of You"...
I know it's hard to tell...Miss Kailee is now "TOOTHLESS" . She lost the other front tooth at my house on Wednesday...I'll try to get a better photo...Kids are so cute toothless!!!


These are some of the treasure that I found on Thursday when I went garage sailing. It's a city wide sale...Thursday thru Saturday. I should be having my own sale instead of "shopping"...ha ha!! See the sweet little green umbrella..it's a child size. The typing book was FREE along with the doilies. I bought 6 green ball jars with lids...25 cents each...The roosters are Lefton and 50 cents each...treasures to sell at the booths. I also bought a little plant stand and that's getting sprayed painted. Those are handmade mushrooms peaking out on the side of the photo and I found a couple of stamps...









This is what my family room looks like before the monthly sale at HQ!!! BOXES of items to mark and go thought...FUN and a little work :)
I was "TAGGED" by Toni at The Tattered Cottage. It's a tag to list 6 things about me. That's easy and here I go:
1. Back in the early 80's I was into running and ran in the local Bonnie Bell 5K's...I sure didn't finish in the top...but I did finish and loved that runner's HIGH after the race. I ran in 3 races.
2. I'm not an "out door gal"... and DON'T like to camp...unless it's at a Hotel/Motel !!!
3. I LOVE Vintage PAPERS, CARDS and old treasures ...you probably already know that.
4. I'm the oldest of 3 girls and I was told that I was "suppose to be a BOY"... hummm...I'm Glad that I'm a Girl and do wish I had an older brother.
5. I think I'm addicted to blogging and spend too much time reading blogs ....hubby calls me the "Blogging Queen".
6. I am one HAPPY and BLESSED WOMAN!!!
Okay you know me and the "Picking" thing...so..Whoever wants to play along...Have Fun and DO IT!!!
Well Blogging Buddies, that's about all for now. It's a wonderful evening and I'm going to enjoy it.
Warmly,
Deb :)

6 comments:

Janet, said...

The flower is gorgeous! And I like what looks like table cloths in the bottom picture. Have a nice weekend!

*Noelle* said...

i love the stamps you found!! i never get to sales that have these:(

The Tattered Cottage said...

Deb -
Thanks so much for playing along. I enjoyed reading about you :) I'm with you on the addiction to blogging :) You got some great treasures and at great prices too! Hope you are having a great weekend :)
Toni

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Mushrooms? Did someone say mushrooms? They look adorable. Great buys, I wish you much luck selling everything. I love the piles in your family room. Makes me feel much better about mine! Kailee is so adorable. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Sher said...

Butterfly Kisses! I love those cards! Do you have a stamp with those words or did you print them directly on your paper?

Yes, children look so darned CUTE with a tooth or two missing. Sweet picture!

Hugs,
Sher

Sandi said...

We sure have a lot in common! I LOVE old papers and cards too and get such a thrill from finding them. Also am not on outside girl and not a camper! Great blog! I will be back!
Blessings~
PS Thanks for signing up for my giveaway~