Wednesday, May 20, 2009

........WOW.........

In the last post I mentioned that keeping it simple is more our style....However, my dear hubby SURPRISED ME with the BLING below!!! He isn't into giving gifts like this and it totally took me by surprise. I think since we called it our "Golden" anniversary he came up with this gift. My hands aren't that large, just the way my hand is to get a good view of the "BLING" LOL :) ...I have small hands and it was hard to take the photo with my left hand. P.S. the ring is from an estate sale...OF COURSE!!! It's Lovely no matter what!!

This lovely OVAL table was bought at an auction at the little town we went antiquing in. As we went into town we saw the auction sign...stopped to see what they were going to auction off and came across this table. We have a small eating/dining area right off the galley kitchen and I have been looking for just the perfect table since we moved in. I have bought a couple different tables (from sales) and they just weren't the right ones....

This one is just PERFECT and it has a nice leaf to put in for more seating. This table is 40 x 50 inches. It's made by Drexel Heritage from Dayton's. It's in super shape and also has pads. When we were waiting for them to auction the furniture...OTHER'S were "checking out the table"... I wasn't sure we were going to get it. We had a limit of what we were willing to spend...the auctioneer started the bidding at 400.00....then dropped it 300.00 then our price...200.00 and hubby raised our number and it was ours!!! The "other's" were a little surprised as the other furniture was going for $1.00 and up...yup...nice wing back chairs went for $1.00...bedroom set $25.00...and they had 2 other dining sets...a cute little table with 4 chairs that was drop leaf $25.00...if we had the space and a trailer to haul the stuff home...we would have bought more furniture to resell.


Below are treasures from the antique stores. All for the booths and great prices. Sock monkey always sell quickly. The Lu-Ray cup and saucers were 5.95 less 50% off!!! and most of the other items were just a few dollars each.



CUTE..."HAPPY MEDIUM" shoe forms below. $1.00 each...YUP... too fun!!









This is the best anniversary I've had. Hubby REALLY surprised me!!! HOW BLESSED I AM!!!
If the computer hadn't taken SO LONG to upload these photos...I'd tell you more about the day...I'll save that for later this week. As we were loading the furniture up...we were SO HOT!!!
When we got home after 8 PM we learned that it was 97 that day...no wonder we were sweating!!! It was also in the 90's today...
Thank you all for your well wishes for our Anniversary!!! I still have to share the stinky carpet store and going to "school"....and I have been working...a paid job with my new business of Clutter control, decorating and cleaning. I'm doing a "clutter control" job and will finish up tomorrow...or wait...it's already Thursday AM....
Good Morning!!!! I'm off to bed.
Deb :)

22 comments:

Emily said...

I love the table!! And what a beautiful ring!!

Emily

Sue said...

I agee wholeheartedly with Emily...I ADORE that table and chairs! Gorgeous! And your beautiful new ring...Your hubby is a very understanding man! Understands a woman's "need for bling!" LOL

Rose Haven said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!! I love the BLING ring hubby gave to you...and the Dining Room table is gorgeous!!! Great finds!!

This simple Life said...

That ring is gorgeous!

You lucky girl you.

*Noelle* said...

love your new "bling"! after all these years, i know you DESERVE it!! your sock monkey made me laugh, my oldest son HATES those, lol! they freak him out:)

noelle

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Very pretty ring and what a great surprise! The table really does sit nicely in that spot...
It sounds like you and hubbs had such a wonderful day and I'm so happy to hear that!
Enjoy today.

AngelMc said...

Wow girl--you did good--a ring, a table and a bunch of other goodies. Happy Aniversary!!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Gorgeous ring and from an estate. Your hubby is a keeper!!! The table is beautiful. Sounds like you had a wonderful time :)
Toni

Brenda Eason said...

Girl what some Bling. I love it and you deserve it.
The table is beautiful. You are so blessed to have a hubby that supports your love.

linda said...

Deb, your new ring is GORGEOUS! How wonderful of your husband to surprise you like that. I'd say that husband of yours is a keeper!

Your new table looks great and doesn't appear to have a scratch on it. It looks like the perfect table for the space. Don't you just love it when you find the perfect piece of furniture, especially when you've been looking for so long.

Ok, tell us about this paying job thing...it sounds interesting!

Take care and have a great weekend friend!

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ Oh my gosh...that ring is just stunning! Hubby did very well I'd say!

I love the table and chairs...and love that the boys had to get in the picture!

Big hugz...It's warm here to..hot in fact!

Lil Sis

Joyce said...

I am so happy for you Deb!! Your hubby is wonderful! I love the table and it looks great there! What a happy time for you!!!!

Janet, said...

the table is really pretty. Looks like you got a bunch of neat stuff.

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi there Deb,

Love the ring!!!

I just stopped by to wish you a lovely weekend!

Blessings always,
Brook

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That ring is gorgeous! How sweet of your husband. That table is truly lovely too. You were blessed to get that. All your finds were great! Twyla

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Awesome Ring!!! What a sweet surprise. I know you will treasure it. Happy Weekend..m...

Kim's Treasures said...

Wow what a lucky girl! Beautiful ring and thoughtful hubby!

That table is wonderful! Oh my! That was a deal even if everything else was going for less! That's just awesome!

Have a wonderful holiday! I will try to make up another card soon to post! : )

Kim

BittersweetPunkin said...

Happy Anniversary...LOVE the ring...wow!!!

AND YES....did you find a scuttle???
Did you...huh? :)

Judy said...

Great table. It's hard to find a small. It seems everything I like is so big. Great Bling Deb!! Enjoy it.

Pearl said...

You said it...
~ W.O.W. ~

Love your Beautiful ring!
Love your Awesome table 'n chairs!

Also, Happy belated Anniversary ♥ Such a Cute photo in the post below of the Happy Couple! May you have countless more celebrations before you!

XOXOXOXO
Pearl

Neabear said...

Hubby really got you something special. That is really neat.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛