Thursday, June 11, 2009

Garage Sale Goodies and More

Mack and Jackson Brown decided to play "Tug of War" with an old towel used to wipe wet paws off. They destroyed the towel...
Kailee was helping me weed today and she found TWO Four Leaf Clovers....How cool is that!!
Today Kailee and I went garage sailing and here are some of the treasures....AWESOME Old door knobs and plates...50 cents each...and the neat basket 50 cents...I like to hang the door plates on the wall and have a few in my bathroom . Just love the look.
Below are all the finds of today and I spent less than $20.00...It was a GOOD day of Garage Sales.... the angel will get spray painted white...the old "Bread and Cake box was $2.00 and love the enamel pans with red trim...and 2 t-shirts for 2.00 each and one was new...



These below are Kailee's treasures and she "arranged them and took the photo"...she is SO LIKE her Grandma!!! She spent less than $2.00 of her own money.






This is the new t-shirt and I HAD to buy it...CHOCOLATES...and it's a pretty blue and will look great with jeans. Happy Dance today!!!







I borrowed this great stamp from one of the gals from the swap...JUST LOVE THE HEELS...and I used Black Glitter...too fun!!!





These are the cupcake ATC 's I made for the swap that I do with a few gals from blogland...It's so much fun and I so enjoy being "creative"... or at least giving it a good try.



I have more treasures from the thrift store that I went to on Tuesday. Kailee and I made cookies on Wednesday and Sailing today. Tomorrow is an estate sale that says "VINTAGE" items and that means I MUST GO!!!
I think I need to start an "thrifter's anonymous" club...it's getting bad...like I have to GO at least once a week ...send HELP!!!
Here's to a great weekend. Oh, Kailee and I planted the white and orange pumpkin seeds today. It will be interesting to see if they grow and I'll keep you updated.
Warmly,
Deb :)


22 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh my goodness! You scored! Love those door plates and the knob! *drooling*!!!

Your cards and ATC's are great!

Kim

The Tattered Cottage said...

What great finds you got!! LOVE the vintage door knobs & plates, I have a couple plates that are very similar. And the garden trellis is beautiful! And you know I would have snagged up that chocolate T-shirt too (because of my little chocolate addiction :). Kailee is becoming quite the bargain hunter too :)
Toni

Diane said...

You sure did score what a great grouping of treasures I sure do love Kalees little grouping how sweet.
I just gave you an award girlfriend, stop on by soon and pick it up!
Hugs, Diane

BittersweetPunkin said...

You do not need a Thrifters Anonymous...being thrifty is SMART!

I am so jealous of your finds....good for you!!!!

Neabear said...

Hanging door plates on the wall is neat idea. I need to remember that if I see some I like.

Kathi said...

Sign me up for "thrifters anonymous!" I really like the bread and cake box! I recently bought one on Ebay and paid $9+ for it! You got a really good deal!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, Your shoe cards are fabulous!!! Love them! You and Kailee found some wonderful treasures at your last outing! From her treasure pile, it looks like she is already a thrifty pro! :)

So sorry about your dear dog, scout! My heart goes out to you! ~hugs, RHonda

roseylittlethings said...

OOH, great haul! LOve the bread box and dorr knobs, so shabby! Have a great weekend!

Sher said...

Kailee must have eagle eyes! I've never, ever found a 4-leafed clover!
Hugs,
Sher

*Noelle* said...

Wow-za! You sure find the stuff lady! The old door knobs are so cool looking!! I love your cards too:)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Great treasures! I love the enamel pans and that t-shirt is so cute! I love the ones like that. I loved seeing Kailee's treasures too. I sure hope you are out there finding lots more right now! Can't wait to hear! Twyla

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ I think I should be in your club too...cuz I am definitely addicted! I'm taking a 1/2 day today to go sailing...by myself! Although it is fun when Glenn comes along!

Love your cards...and love the pic of the boys playing tug of war..they're just so cute!

Kailee is definitely like her grandma...she's so adorable!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Angie said...

Oh, Deb..that is just precious that Kailee lined up her finds and photographed them, too...that just made me giggle! I love the doorplates you found...so shabby licious! I have that same angel that i found at a thrift store weeks ago...lol! I left mine gold for now but it will prolly end up painted at some point. Your cards are just beautiful as always...I love your designs! Enjoy that estate sale..haven't been to one of those since last summer!

Hugs~ Angie

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love all the cards you made. Just wonderful...m..

Margaret Cloud said...

You must have an attic full of goodies, ha, ha. You always find the neatest things, I envy all your vintage finds. I will be glad when someone has an estate sale this year. Those finds of Kailees are very cute. Hope you have fun on your estate sale and have a nice weekend.

Kathleen Grace said...

Wonderful goodies from the sales! I enlarged the picture and just ogled everything:>) The door plates are beautiful, I love your idea for using them as art!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You really did good.


I enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon...Had some time to do some blog hopping...always enjoy finding new blogs!

Hope you will visit me. This month I am posting on our Disney trip.

Sandi said...

I LOVE those doorknobs and plates! Such amazing detail on them. You can send them my way! LOL Isn't it so fun to find treasures for a little bit of nothing. Love it!!!
Blessings~
PS Love your shoe cards too!!!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I love your cards! You did great on your garage sailing!

Brenda said...

All you have to do is wipe a dog's paws with a towel and leave it around. They will destroy it for sure. Or the one you dry them with after a bath! You got some great stuff! Love those door knobs!
Brenda

Emily said...

Great finds Deb!! I especially love the vintage door knobs and plates. Very shabby chic!! Also, those cupcake ATCs have to be cutests ones I have ever seen.

XO
Emily

Barb said...

Great treasures from saling!!

and 50 cents for the door knobs and plates??
wow!!

blessings,
barbara jean