Monday, June 8, 2009

MY LITTLE DRESS

Hi Gals!! It was some weekend here...COLD...I had to turn the furnace on...CRAZY... These are my baby shoes. Mom had them bronzed. SO sweet. You can put a picture in the middle, but since they are broken I just thought this old clock looked cute there.
This precious dress my Grandma made for me when I was little. There is a sweet lilac color "slip" underneath the dress. There aren't any photos of me in it...





On the left is my daughter with the dress on and on the right is Kailee with the dress on. They are both 2 years old in the photos. It's a precious keepsake and tradition that I hope my daughter will pass on.
We went to a wedding reception on Saturday...it was outside...and it rained and it was so cold that you could see your breath when you talked...the bride and groom will remember their day. The food was served under tents...and was warm:) We didn't stay for the dance. TOO COLD!
The place where the reception was held was a flower farm...I didn't bring the camera...it was so lovely...white lights wrapped around trellis, candle lights everywhere...very pretty.
Jackson is doing much better since he started his meds and eye cream...however he has "wet" in his kennel because of the meds...no big deal. I'm just thankful he is better. The rain has helped his allergies.
No estate sales as the wedding was at 11 AM...we didn't get home until 6:30 PM...long day in the cold. I'm getting the "space" ready for the sale at HQ. Kailee's daddy was called back to his job and that means that I'm watching her this week after school and then Wed-Friday as they have to figure out the summer daycare for her. Kailee will be with me on Tuesdays and maybe one other day...time will tell. School is out on Wednesday.
Renee at The Chateau of Remnants is having a Summer Swap...I'm IN!!! Come join!! The swap button is on my sidebar.
Take care.
Warmly,
Deb :)

14 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Deb. Not sure I sent a thank you for your little card last week. I enjoyed the tea!

Sorry to hear about one of your pets...we have 3 dogs also with one in not good health.

Thank you for sharing your photos!
Again thank you for your little card! Hugs, Sharon

ps please check out my blog give away.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That little dress is just precious. I love it that you have pictures of Amber and Kailee in it. Those shoes are great too! So glad to hear JB is feeling better. Give him a smooch from me! Twyla

Viv (VivLyn) said...

I'm glad to hear Jackson is doing better. That dress is gorgeous and you are so lucky to be able to pass it on! What wonderful memories!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

It was cold here too. I had to put my heater on last Friday! Brrrr...

Love the darling little dress...how special!

Carrie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Today was a bit cooler for us too, but it was nice after last week's heatwave.

You should frame that sweet lil dress...it's so special!

abeachcottage@typepad.com said...

I can't get over that dress, so gorgoues! I would sooooo love one of mine but sadly they are long gone

Sarah

Brenda said...

I can't imagine that it's still cold anywhere! Certainly not here. Early this morning it was already way up there. The ankle is better. Now it seems the other side of my foot suffered injury. Well, not a youngster anymore. Love the shoes and dress. Wish I had something from my babyhood to hand down.
Brenda

Janet, said...

I love the dress, it is so pretty! We've got crazy weather, too. Still lots of rain.

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ It's been really cold here too...the heat kicks on a night...brrrr!!! I'm so ready for nice warm weather!!!

That is the most adorable little dress...love the pictures with the girls wearing it!

So glad Jackson Brown is feeling better...he's so cute!

I was thinking of joining that swap...but I've been burned a couple of times, that I think I'll take a break for awhile!

Big hugz,
Lil Sis

Angie said...

Oh Deb...what a treat to find the little birthday box in the mail! You are such a sweet soul...I just treasure our friendship so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I LOVE the little dress and love even more that you started a tradition with it. I bet Kailee is happy she gets to spend some summer with you..you are lucky to have such a great relationship with her. I wish my kids had that. I loved time with my Gram when I was a kid. Now, I am off to check out that swap. I am really starting to enjoy them!

Hugs ~ Angie

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I have the dress my mother in law made for my husband to be christened in. It is so beautiful...hugs..m.

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Deb :)

The dress is soooo cute!!! I love baby dresses. I have one I wore as a baby hanging in my entry along with a few others i have bought. Ther eis just something about them that is so sweet :) I love the bronzed shoes too, how special that your mom did that! It must have been so sweet to have your daughters where your dress! I would have loved to do that :) But I had all boys, lol!

I am so sorry about your pet :( I love animals so much. I have a sick bunny right now and it is breaking my heart :(

I hope you have a beautiful week!
Hugs,
Amy

The Chateau of Remnants said...

I am so glad you are joining the SWAP.. What fun..

How sweet is the dress and picture. Things to treasure

Blessings,
Renee

Neabear said...

Definitely strange that you had to turn on the heat in June! We have had cooler than usual weather for June as well, although it seems to be starting to warm up some again. Love the idea of the dress going through the generations. That is so precious!