Friday, June 5, 2009

ONE DOOR FINISHED

This sweet little white rose bush is a 4 generation plant. This is the first year that is has so many roses on it. I think it was in shock for a couple years after is was transplanted when we moved. I have a 3 generation pink rose bush that is LOADED and will be blooming any day..can't wait to take photos of that bush.
Here is a better photo of Little Miss Toothless and her new garage sale doll. Kailee made her a necklace and a bracelet for herself and requested that I take "their photo"...


Yesterday on the way to one of the booths...a GARAGE SALE SIGN JUMPED AT ME...and this is what I HAD TO BUY....the sweetest hand painted dish that has little legs on it...1.00 also the cutest little Longaberger basket with liner, plastic protector and hanging tag..1.00 and then

This wicker chair. Notice the unique shape and it's in pretty good condition...only $4.00 and it's comfortable. This will go to one of the shops.


The door on the right is the NEW DOOR...just need to do the trim...lovely I think...the door on the left is a closet door...OLD one that will get replaced this summer....Sorry the photos aren't the best...it's not a wide hallway and it's hard to get a good angle for a photo.









Poor little Jackson Brown....I had to take him to the vet (not the one where Scout went) and he has terrible allergies. His eyes are swollen and watery, ears are red and in between his pads are red...so he is on some eye cream and pills to help him feel better.
It's another wonderful day...sunny and just perfect, however we need rain...."they" say it may rain tomorrow...speaking of which we are going to a wedding at 11 AM...and the reception is outside and dinner is at 4:30 PM...
Sunday is dinner at Mom's for her birthday and I'm bringing a broccoli salad. Easy and Yummy.
NO SALES for us tomorrow...that's fine...the check book is looking a little LOW....
HAPPY WEEKEND!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)
P.S. Thanks Connie for the card!! I sure hope we can all get together this year. "HI" to my friends who read my blog...

16 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

A Longaberger basket for only $1.00? Love it...I just love Longaberger baskets! Great Find, Deb.

My husband and I made a new rose garden this year...some plants we moved and some are new...i guess we have quite a few years before they are as beautiful as yours! (or generations)

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Viv (VivLyn) said...

You got some great deals and I love the unusal shape of the wicker chair! Your roses look beautiful and bet they smell wonderful too! Your poor little puppers...he looks like he's feeling a little puny!

*Noelle* said...

wow! the chair and a longaberger for $1.00; you are the QUEEN of garage sales!! i never have that good of luck!!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Hi Deb-
I'm waiting for my roses to bloom also...it should be any day. I LOVE your new wicker chair...$4!! I can't believe what a steal you got!! If you are needing some rain, I'll share with you. We have had rain the last couple of day. Have a great weekend :)
Toni
PS I'll do some shopping for you :)

kim said...

What GREAT finds!! Your poor pup.Looks like my Sarah! Stays covered up if she is sick or not...note to self...need pics on blog of Sarah!!!!
The rose bush is just the same as one that my son got me for Mothers Day a few years ago. It had bloomed the most it ever has this year...just beautiful!

Have a great rainy weekend...sometimes-- it is nice!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

JB looks so cute laying there asleep. I hope he gets better soon. Your finds were great! I never find a Longaberger basket that cheap. Your door looks great. I know it's been a lot of hard work. Hope you are having a great weekend! Twyla

Margaret Cloud said...

I really like the photo of Miss Toothless and her doll, very cute. Sorry to hear Jackson Brown is not feeling well, he looks so cute. I can't believe you got a wicker chair for $4.00, what a steal. Tell your mom happy birthday and have fun.

KatCollects said...

Awwwww hope Jackson is feeling much happier soon! Cute picture of your Granddaughter and her doll : )
Hugs,
Kathy

cityfarmer said...

I have a "stray" white rose this year ...loaded with buds.
Did not plant it ...must've blown in with the summer winds.

BUT, I'll keep it!

Joy said...

Wow you got a great deal on that little basket. I got that as a hostess gift for having a party one year. Your Lil Miss toothless is adorable. Love her doll.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Deb! I wanted you to know how much I LOVE the scuttle,. I got it Saturday. THANK YOU so much! I posted it on my blog.

Love the toothless Princess!!
Hugs,
Robin

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wow what great finds. I really like the little plate. I am so sorry your JB is feeling sick...m..

Janet, said...

You can have as much of our rain you want, we have plenty to spare. My favorite of your finds is the wicker chair, it's beautiful.

Michele said...

Hi my big sis! Love that little toothless girl...she's so cute!

We had rain almost all weekend..yuck! I love that wicker chair...what a deal! Glenn and I stopped at a couple garage sales on Friday...I'll post pics tomorrow!

hugz,
lil sis

A Romantic Porch said...

I have never seen a wicker chair like that. It is so pretty. AND the photo of your doggie snuggled in a blankie is priceless. xo rachel

Neabear said...

Interesting wicker chair! I have fallen behind reading blogs and have been catching up on yours. Wanted to let you know I am still around, just slow getting around reading everyone's blogs. Hope you are having a good week.