Sunday, June 21, 2009

RAINBOW, TREASURES and More

Friday, after a sun shower....this beautiful rainbow appeared in the backyard. Thanks, God! This is the 3rd generation rose bush with light pink flowers. It has MANY buds...however some on them don't open...they turn brown and die. Any suggestions?
These blue dishes are similar to ones that I am lusting after from Brenda at Cozy Little House. She found some that are white in the center at a thrift store with the blue cottage roses around the plate rim and I have been lusting after them. I'm on the look out for the ones that I REALLY want...these I picked up on Friday at a good price.

Below are thrift stores finds....oops the photos aren't in the right order....oh well, treasures are treasures!!! The Red Owl is a needle holder in very good condition and is heading to one of the booths. I do LOVE pink Transfer ware!!


Back to the estate finds from Friday....I know there is some Christmas goodies...when I find them I have to get them...and of course any vintage paper goodies!!!




The Longerberger baskets only $5 for one and $4 for the other...SCORE!!! and more shells and I love the old beat up tobacco tin with roses on it. Hubby said"Why are you getting that?" duh...I like it!!!! MEN!!!






Today, being Father's day...hubby's youngest son and pug, Molly came over for BBQ lunch and so did my son and Chopper. All the doggies got along...sometimes, JB was a little too "frisky," one could say...and Molly just put him in place!!! See Mack...he just likes to watch the others play!



Saturday I worked at HQ....BOY was it BUSY!!! and people were BUYING!! I think we had more customers because the news paper had an article about the monthly shops in the area and HQ was mentioned!!! The owner said it's the BEST sales in the 3 years of business. I'll let you know if the sales were good for me when I get my check later this week. Since it was their 3rd year anniversary they had a free BBQ. I worked 7 hours and it went by so fast...however my feet are very tired today!!! It was a good day.
Speaking of anniversary/birthday...my 1st year blog birthday is coming up and I'm in the mood for a giveaway....check back mid week...
.
Kailee slept over Saturday night and we watched "sponge Bob square pants" I think it's weird...she really likes him...and today she went to church with me. She is a Blessing!! and I need to remember that!! Papa made us pancakes and we topped them with whip cream and fresh raspberries for our breakfast! Yummy :)
I hope you all had a Great weekend....
Warmly,
Deb :)




10 comments:

Janet, said...

I love your finds, especially the blue dishes and hankies.

*Noelle* said...

wow, you got lots of great stuff again! the sunflower basket is VERY cute! i saw a bunch of little vintage valentines at an antique mall this past week and wanted to pick them up but i decided to wait;) hope they are still there when i go back!!

noelle

Emily said...

Hi Deb!! I will be emailing you later this week about the xmas tablecloth, I need to take pictures. It is a big one though, like 48x72 or something. I love your finds!! I have the same black tin. It was my grandma's and I keep my bobbins in it!

Emily

Kelli said...

What a pretty rainbow and your new dishes are beautiful! I love blue and white. Have a wonderful upcoming week!
~Kelli

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

The rainboe is sooo beautiful!!!....m.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Hi Deb -
You found some great bargains! The lonerberger baskets for $4 & $5!! Wow what a score. I pick up holiday decor when I can also...did you see the electric Christmas candles I got? I want you to know that I thought about you the other day. I was shopping in a little town called Weiser, not far from me. They have a "sweet" shop where they make wonderful chocolates!! I was sampling a few of their treats and as I was enjoying the delectable treasures I remember you posting that you prefer the nicer chocolates....so I had a couple of samples in your honor :)
Have a great week and let me know if you find anything good at the thrift store this week.
Toni

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ you just find the best things. I love that metal tin! Glenn asks me the same thing when I come home with my treasures...maybe one day he'll learn his lesson and not say anything!

Love the pooches...JB is just the cutest!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Janiece said...

what an amazing picture of the rainbow...I love it... God is so creative :-)

Your finds always amaze me!
Have a fantastic week!
And Congrats on your up coming anniversary!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog... I was admiring your dishes...I found some old blue and white transferware at a yard sale a few posts back, all of it was $3!! I have to be so careful when I am out junkin not to let the $$ (that I don;t have)get away from me, I am an el- cheapo!! I love your puppies, we are huge animal fans in this house too, Have a great week ! Janna

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Either you have better sales or you just know how to pick the best stuff. I love all your finds. I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Kailee and I should get together, I like Sponge Bob too! Twyla