Sunday, June 14, 2009

SO...What Do I "DO" ALL DAY???

I have been asked this question by well meaning family and friends. Since I don't "work" outside of the home (antique buying/selling doesn't count for some reason!) I thought I would try to figure out what I DO ALL DAY.....Yummmm...I think I'm BUSY like this BEE....oops...it's sleeping...
Mondays...grocery shop and try to work out at the "gym".....Tuesday, Kailee for the summer, so that's just FUN....Wednesday is a summer Bible study...Thursday is "GARAGE SALES" DUH...and thrifting....Friday is our "date" night...well, it's our going out for HAPPY HOUR night..but that's has stopped for awhile...Saturday is Estate Sales...Sunday is Church...of course there is also, laundry, cooking dinner, mow the yard/gardening, marking stuff for the booths, card making and JUST DOING WHAT I WANT TO....YUP...It's a Great Life For ME!!! oh...eating chocolate all day too...JUST KIDDING....wish I could....and whatever else happens...like BLOGGING!!! Hubby thinks I do that ALL DAY now!!!
Peonies from the yard...I thought it was a white plant...no just the softest pink...
These plates and stuff are in my bathroom on the wall (duh)...and I thought I would show you how I decorate with door plates...and old stuff....can't think of the word I want...



oh....I also forgot...I decorate and change things around...I put this little, summer fun, candle center piece together yesterday....after CLEANING.....Today I MOWED the front yard...




The weekend before this one...we went to a wedding and at the outdoor reception, they had for the guests, while the wedding couple were having photos taken...etc....Food, Drinks, palm reader, taro card person, writing analysis and a person to "draw" us...so WHY NOT!!!





This pretty award was given to me by Diane at SaturdayFinds....she makes very sweet posy pockets out of old card and things. I bought a Christmas one and love it. THANK YOU, DIANE!!


I am passing this award on to YOU, my blogging friends....I feel you all have "LOVELY BLOGS"
I know this is a different post...too much on my mind and not having a good day ...tomorrow all will be better!!!!
Take care....
Warmly,
Deb :)





22 comments:

Diane said...

Ok Don't let these curious nosey people bother you. I think most of all they are jealous that you find things to do that you really like. Some people have no hobbies am sure you never lack for something to do, it's more like not enough time in a day.
Hugs & Kisses, Diane

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Don't you hate it when people ask you what you have been up to and you have been so very busy but can't for the life of you remember any of the busy details!!!

How interesting that they would have a palm reader and taro cards at the wedding- never heard of that though what a great way to remember the wedding by having your portrait drawn!

love those old back plates you used to dress up your wall!

blessings
mary

*Noelle* said...

everything looks so pretty!! i love the fun pic of you and your hunny from the wedding!! lol sounds like it was a unique wedding:)

hugs ♥

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You are one of the most productive people I know! Don't listen to people that just don't 'get' it. I'm sure sorry to hear you've had a bad day. Hope next week is better! Twyla

Kathi said...

People used to ask me the same thing, especially my husband, when I was able to stay home all day...
I never ran out of things to do!
Now I'm just trying to find time to do everything I like to do!
Enjoy yourself and don't worry about what others think. I'm jealous!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Lol! Yup, people use to ask me that too. Not so much any more, thank goodness!

I like the picture that was done at the wedding...really fun thing to have at a wedding!

Have a great day!
Kim

AngelMc said...

mmmmmm....love the door plates on the wall...hubby and I had one of those drawn one time and I have no idea where it is.

Pearl said...

Hello my Queen...
tee~heeee!
You know better than to listen to folks who don't have a clue about who you really are! I agree with Twyla... you're amazingly busy, talented, organized and have such a tender, caring heart ♥ I Love Ya! And, it's OK to eat chocolate all day long if you want to... LOL
Loved seeing some of your decor in the house... such unique things you have! Hope that today is better for you, Sweetie...

~hugs 'n prayers~
Pearl

I'm going to be trying to play "catch-up" today... Heaven help me! LOL

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ I want to come and live by you so I can go to garage and estate sales! That would be tooo fun!

I love the plate thingies on your wall and that tray too! Very creative!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Mildred said...

What a lovely blog you have - thanks for visiting so I could find you. I have a nephew who lives in MN. I have been care taker for different family members for years and people ask me what do you do all day??? Oh well, they may find out one day! You have some adorable pets! I guess I'll go eat bonbons and you do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I hate it when I am asked that question. I stay so busy with life. I know how busy you stay...have a great week..m.

Judi said...

Hi Deb
"new found treasures" thats what I would call them, not old stuff!!
We have lots in common. I love to move furniture around too and redecorate...and love thrifting and garage sales...love chocolate soo lots too!

You sound very busy. You have 2 shops thats neat. I wish they were closer to me....I am sure you have fun at them..

have a lovely day.
Judi

come by and visit again...

Janet, said...

Family members used to ask me that question all the time, too. I stay so busy it's not funny, constantly doing something. I like the drawing, too. I had myself sketched this weekend at the WVWriter's Conference I went to.

Brenda Eason said...

Sounds like a great time to me.Im ready to get up and go!

Recycled Rita said...

What do you do all day? People can be ridiculous! Whether we work outside our home or make our home our work...it is all time consuming ...I guess they think you sit around eating bon-bons and being served by all your servants!
Ha ha! I love it...they must just be jealous of your life!
Have a great day you domestic goddess you!

Janiece said...

my days sound like yours...other than I still can not get the hang of garage sales...oh yea, you have to get up early in the morning...that could be my problem!
I love my life!

Eclectic Pink Rose said...

I was blogsurfing and found you through Becca's Blog. So glad I did, love love love your blog and your adorable boys. ;) I'm your newest follower and have spent my morning reading some of your posts. Have a wonderful day!
♥ Teresa

SweetAnnee said...

Girl you sure keep busy. I don't have a set
plan each week, but I try to give myself projects daily..
Yesterday I bathed the cat..and cleaned the living room carpet..

today..it's going to rain..woohoo
I wont have to water the fleurs ..rain is
much beter for them.

fondly, deena

Linda said...

Oh, your are sure busy...I think our work is never finished. I always thought it would be such fun to have a small spot to sell treasures.....but I quickly found out it is lots and lots of hard work.Not only are you constantly on the look out for great finds but it trying to decide what will appeal to others....you have that talent (I wish I did). I love seeing all your goodies and I love to visit your place...have fun and have a good week too...hugs, Linda

Joy said...

Your so sweet. I love Peonies.. ours have not opened up yet though.. they smell great.
I work part time and people ask me what I do all the time too on my days off. I just seem to keep my self busy all the time...lol

Barb said...

Congratulations on your award!!

Love your little bathroom things.

blesgins,
barbara jean

solomi558 said...

I love the look of Jackson Brown . I love Jack Russell dogs----cottonreel