Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WHAT NOT TO DO..... AND SOME LINENS

Pretty Peonies from the backyard...One of my favorite flowers. I have the pink one, white one and deep fuchsia colored one. Since we have the smaller dinning room table...I was thinking ...Go thru your linen tote and maybe some of the table clothes you have been saving...might fit the table...
Sure Enough!!! The blue and yellow one is on the table today...

Here is a pretty "tea pot" one...it's very pretty and just LOVE the needlework on it!! Maybe I should have a tea party...want to come???



Blue and red may work for the 4th of July.....


and this White, crochet one is from my Aunt who made it for me YEARS ago and now it's just perfect on the table. It's the pineapple design...which means "welcome"... Aunt Bonnie passed away a few years ago. It's a lovely keepsake.




I also found these smaller linens, flour sack clothes and pot holders.... so pretty. They just brighten up my day....little bits of love.





So, On Tuesday I went SHOPPING....also...DON'T DO THIS when you are down...BAD for the wallet. Mom's birthday is on Sunday and I may give the blue plates and linens to her..."justified spending" !!!






Below is some of the things I ate on Monday as I was still sad about Scout...DON'T TRY THIS...it leads to an SUGAR DOWNER...and a fat tummy !!! YES...those are CHOCOLATE Twizzlers....I did not eat all of this on Monday...the chocolate gold fish are okay...and the ice cream treats are still in the freezer....Remember...I AM A PROFESSIONAL CHOCOLATE CONNOISSEUR...







It is a wonderful day and when Kailee gets here....pumpkin planting day. I just have to find a spot in the yard for them...away from the dogs.
Thank you again for your sweet and kind comments about Scout. It's still quiet in the house and poor Jackson Brown is now suffering from allergies...his little eyes are all watery and he rubs them with his paws...I have given him some benadryl and it's not really helping. He may need a vet visit...at a different clinic!!!
I hope you are enjoying these great spring days...don't they go by quickly!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)







19 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Deb,
those linens are wonderful! You know how much I love vintage linens. I love the red/white/blue one and the one your aunt made is just so loverly.
I just read about your loss and I am so very sorry. My heart is aching for you.
Remember, our pets await our arrival at Rainbow Bridge.
Sleep well sweet Scout. We will miss you.

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ ooooo, I love all your linens! How lucky you guys are to be planting pumpkins...sounds like a fun time!

Give Jackson a hug for me!

Big hugz,
Lil Sis

The Tattered Cottage said...

Deb -
I love the linens! Especially the one your Aunt made, simply beautiful!! And yes, I would love to come to your tea party ;)Love the Tea Pot tablecloth.
Toni

Kathi said...

Your flowers and linens are so pretty! I love vintage linens too.
I hope your doggy feels better soon!

Barb said...

Gorgeous linens!!

I guess shopping is getter than eating. =0)

Glad my posts make you smile.
That makes me smile. =0)

Blessings and thanks for coming by.

barbara jean

Janet, said...

Your peonies are such a pretty color. Mine are all gone. I just love vintage tablecloths, yours are so pretty. It's about time for me to get mine out, we're having a family reunion and I cover all the picnic tables with them.

*Noelle* said...

love your linens and chocolate licorice is YUMMY!! my grandma got me hooked on that! the chocolate goldfish are really good; we recently bought those too!

Holly said...

Hi, Deb! I was trying to pick a favorite table cloth and I just couldn't! They are all great!

Sorry about your fur baby. :< ♥

~ HUG ~

misselaineous said...

Hi...thanks for stopping by my blog. i had to add you to my morning coffee blogs! I also collect all kinds of vintage linens...love tablecloths, and the neat old crochet things. One of those big blue totes in my shed is chock full of them! Used to have a resale space, but had to close it down...i feel your heartache of the fur baby...had to put down my 14 year old yellow lab almost 2 years ago, and i still cry when I see his grave. i'll be back to see you again. *elaine*

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I just love that crochet table cloth from Aunt Bonnie and those feed sack cloths and pot holders. You sure found a lot! I'm jealous! It's okay to try and make yourself feel better when we're sad. You deserved it. Have a pleasant day! Twyla

Brenda said...

Yep, they're little bits of love. I'd fight you over those table cloths if ever we went to the same sale! (Don't worry: I'm a sissy about pain.)
Brenda

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Deb,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Deb,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb. I just to stopped by to say hello during one of my breaks.

You have gathered some really pretty things. Love all those linens and the blue plates.

Have a beautiful week.

Blessings,
Brook

Linda said...

Hi Deb, wonderful linens...I love all the cheery tea towels.
I'm so sorry about your sweet Scout...my heart hurts for you...warm hugs, Linda

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
I just got my first Peony plant today, its pale pink. Now I just have to find out how to take care of them : ) It looks like you found some pretty cards at Marshall's : ) I hope you are having a good week.
Hugs,
Kathy

Kim's Treasures said...

You have a beautiful collection of linens! The crocheted cloth from your aunt is wonderful!

Hope you had fun planting pumpkins and I hope you didn't get frost like we did!

Have a great night!
Kim

mamas*little*treasures said...

Fun post Deb! I just discovered you while strolling around the blogosphere meeting new blogging friends . . . . I love vintage, too, and thrift store shopping! Then I put my crafty, creative little brain to work and do some embellishments and refashioning and that makes it even more fun! Beautiful blog ;o) nina @ mamas*little*treasures

Emily said...

What wonderful linens!!! I am in love with them all!!

Emily