Friday, July 31, 2009

Minnesota Zoo ,Treasures, Chocolate and more..

On Thursday afternoon, my Mom, Kailee and I went to the Minnesota Zoo and we went to the butterfly garden first...this is one of MANY butterflies we saw. It is so pretty and I love this photo....
This is my FAVORITE candy SHOP...they are celebrating 100 Years of business and had some specials...so I HAD to go there and when I saw this "Sweeeet" t-shirt...well....it HAD to come home with me. The "Sweeeet" is on the back :) Love IT! and it's PINK!!! They had other colors....Pink works for me!! Yes...I bought a couple pieces of candy...




Another butterfly at the Zoo...





Kailee feeding the cutest little goats...LOVE them!! If we didn't live in the city...I think I would have one of these little guys and some chickens. These are also at the Zoo. We were there for 4 hours and walk 3+ miles as my Mom had one of those walking meters....we were so tired....and we didn't see everything. I didn't take many photos as Kailee was going from one area to the next and my Mom needed a break every now and then.


Treasures from Wednesday and Thursday....nothing too exciting... The little black cat was made by one of the garage sale ladies hubby. That is so sweet. The vintage greeting cards were only .10 each....and the blue drinking glasses just had to come home with me...I also bought a small table with a drawer that I'll be painting and I'll do a B&A pic of that. I may have a place for that in my home.






Before the painting process.....................






After the painting process..............the little one drawer cabinet is almost done. It's a white linen color. Hubby will be sanding a FEW small pieces of furniture for me tomorrow and I'll be painting this weekend. No sales for us this weekend. Must Clean the House, work on projects for the next sale and hubby's car needs a little attention as he calls it...
I know the photos aren't in any order....wanted to mix things up. The weather is wonderful!!! It's raining now as I'm posting and it's 11 PM...we really need this rain. The lawn is very dry and getting brown.
Update on the pumpkin seeds that we planted...the orange pumpkins have a few flowers on it and the white pumpkin plant only has a couple....we are hoping for MANY white pumpkins!!!
That's the latest here....HAPPY WEEKEND!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

















12 comments:

Theresa said...

Hey Deb, We saw the animals this week too! Love the before and after pictures... I have LOTS of before's-not many afters:( Love the butterflies, we have a butterfly house in driving distance from us too and we go there frequently. Have a blessed day!

Dogwood said...

Fun blog. Love the items you are painting along with the vintage cards. And, OHMYGOSH...love chocolate! Yummy-good. Have a fun weekend. Don't overdo the house cleaning! Cory Dogwood

AngelMc said...

ooohhh I love the pix of the butterflies, and goats...I love them. My BFF's boys show goats in 4-H..they are some very expensive goats. Another friend raises pygmy goats--gosh I wish I could have one of them. We could put up an electric fence, but I'm afraid a big dog or something would hurt it. Her grandbabygirl is precious!!

Vintage To Chic said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by and your kind words, come visit often.
Hugs,
Judy

~~Carol~~ said...

Your wrist must be hurtin', after all that painting! I guess it's better than a severe case of "spraypaint finger"! Love those vintage greeting cards and the old car games!

Judy said...

Love the butterflies, they are so pretty. I think my favorite is the first one too. And that chocolate!! Sounds so good. Your t-shirt is darling, pink is a good color. Have fun painting.

creative breathing said...

Dear Garage Sale Gal, Thank you so much for stopping by. My friend garage shops every Saturday, but I haven't gotten brave enough yet to go with her. I am the type that would buy something at each spot so as not to offend. Watching her's today I saw that there are different types of salers. The "keep your head down type", the "pretend I don't want it so she will lower the price type", "chat and pay less type", oh so many strategies! I think I need more practice! I see that you are "the expert type!" What great finds! Elizabeth

goldenbird said...

Nice butterfly pictures! Kailee is so cute. Sounds like a nice time at the zoo.

The before and after furniture looks so good. I love white furniture, espeically when it has a bit of that distressed look to it.

You're so lucky to have rain. I wish it would rain here, but it usually doesn't in the summer. We have to wait until late Sept./October.

Diane said...

That trip to the zoo sure sounded like fun. I bet it was even more fun having your little sweetie with you. I think you did real well on your latest treasure hunting. Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures!
Hugs, Diane

blushing rose said...

Our gr-kid-lings love the petting zoo we have nearby. We do this every Oct. for Halloween. What a great time they have. Love your painted 'treasures'. TTFN ~Marydon

Queenie said...

What pretty pictures you took at the zoo...I know you all had such a nice day...cute t-shirt from the candy shop too...I always have to have my weekly chocolate fix too! Those butterflies are just beautiful in the butterfly garden! Well I see you found some great finds over the weekend....Those glasses are gonna be perfect to go with your kitchen and blue tablescape pretties too!
The before and after's of the furniture that you found look great too...it's amazing how a coat of paint transforms things. Girl, you have been busy...I'm tired just watching what you've been up to! LOL! Oh girl,I enjoyed catching up with you sweetie...I hope you have a great day!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

So Shabby Pink said...

Love it! Doesn't paint do wonders? Very pretty! I love estate sales too. :-)

Peggy