Monday, July 27, 2009

More Weekend Treasures and ATC Swaps

I LOVE taking photos of bees. This one is on a "bee balm" plant that my neighbor gave to me.

Sweet photo above is from an estate sale, 2ND day and 1/2 off..doesn't it look like Jackson Brown?!
More 1/2 off ...second day estate finds. Love the Santa tin and was very surprised that no one had bought it. Love the hats. Next month for the HQ sale, I'm doing a "Tea Party" theme as well as "regular" stuff...I have a tea cart that I'll be selling. Just not enough room to keep all the goodies I find.


This set, and I have another complete box, so that is a service for 8, is called "Blue Garland" and was probably sold in grocery stores and/or given as premiums. I believe that these sets are from the 60's...and it's very pretty. Keeping them and payed a total of $25.00.....I think that was a great deal and I bought them at a garage sale.



Sweet bird cage on stand..2nd day buy at estate sale...only $14.00 :) I would get a couple of birds...however...my last bird died when hubby forgot to feed him while I was visiting my BFF, Mary-Ella a couple of years ago....the bird food was sitting outside of Fritz's cage...so sad :(





The ACT/Tag swap with Twyla, Lindsey and Kathy had a theme of Beach/Sea and the top 2 are made by Twyla and Lindsey and the bottom tag was made by Kathy....Great Job Gals :) !!! Pearl still isn't feeling well...so she will send hers later...Please keep Pearl in your prayers :)




I'm in a second ATC swap with some new bloggers(to me) and one of the gals, Stacy and I had done the recent swap. Top, left is from Cory (Dogwood) , top right is from Stacy at Golden bird Knits and bottom left is from Rachel at Plain Jane21 Blog. The bottom right is mine.
More talented gals. This swap is also monthly and I picked Bird Nests for the theme and I already have mine finished. Thank you Gals!! I am so enjoying the swap and learning more about you.
Don't forget about the Pumpkins at the Dollar Tree stores...I'm betting they will go fast and you don't want to feel sad that you didn't get any...and I know...it's early to think about Fall...that's retail for you!
That's all for now.......Happy Blogging......
Warmly,
Deb :)






25 comments:

Karyn - (French Charming) said...

You're killing me! I NEVER ever NEVER find great deals like you do! Love the birdcage and the vanity set! Zhe tags are gorgeous and I will keep Pearl in my prayers!

xoxo
Karyn

blushing rose said...

I agree with Karyn ... you cleaned up. Gonna agive you MY shopping list next time! TTFN ~Marydon

KatCollects said...

The white and pink hats are my favorites, LOVE them! I hope Pearl is doing much better soon.
Hugs,
Kathy

Eclectic Pink Rose said...

ooooh, I love all your great finds!! That picture is adorable, and the china is amazing and gorgeous!!! Love them all!
♥ Teresa

Theresa said...

The picture is a wonderful find! You are the one who I hate to come behind at sales:) I am praying for Pearl and hope she feels better soon! Have a blessed day!

Holly said...

I just love seeing the tags you girls make! ♥

The Tattered Cottage said...

Hi Deb!
That picture is adorable, are you going to keep it? It does look like Jackson Brown :) Great finds!! The dishes are beautiful and what a SCORE on them! The ATC tags are really pretty. You are so talented!! Hope you have a great day!
Toni
PS Just thought I would mention the word verification is "bless"!!

Linda said...

Great finds Deb. I love the vanity set and you're right...the dish were a grocery store promotional. I got the set and all the extra pieces for my daughter...They are very nice dishes and she loves them...hugs, Linda

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your blog! I'm going to follow it and keep up with your amazing treasure finds!

goldenbird said...

Hi Deb! You are so creative! I love the tea party theme for your HQ sale, wish I could be there to see it in person. The Beach/Sea tags are gorgeous. Thanks for showing the ATCs from our swap group, I'm so happy to be part of that group! Loved your heart ATC, it is so sweet.

~~Carol~~ said...

I am in love with that Santa tin, and that wastebasket, and oh my, that birdcage....I'm in love with it all! I have so much fun seeing the things that you find every week!

Angie said...

Beautiful tags! I love to see the creativity of others! I would have squealed if I found that bird cage and stand for $14!!! Wow! That's a great deal. Hope you are having lovely weather your way..nice and breezy here...enjoying it before the rain sets in!

Hugs ~ Angie

My Vintage Studio said...

You have the best luck in your ventures out! Nice items.
Hope you are having a great week.
Sharon

Judy said...

You give me such great ideas as far as what to look for. I wish we could go together. I went to Dollar Tree tonight after work and got pumpkins. What I don't use at home, I'll sell and decorate the booth with. Thanks for the ideas.

Emily said...

Hi Deb!! Thanks for entering my giveaway!!! I made it with photoshop. I found the image online, it's a copy of a vintage child's coloring book.

xo
Emily

vivian said...

love your sweet little seaside atc! and the bird cage!
have a sweet night!

Rebecca said...

Now girlfriend...you are someone after my own heart! I feel like I KNOW YOU ALEADY!

Glad the Train Case Pics stirred your memory! Sweet days for sure.

Love your bloggie...what a joy to stop in! Thanks for visiting, Deb! I'll be back, PROMISE!

xoRebecca

Queenie said...

Hey Deb!
Those beachy summer tags are so cute! You did so great on your finds too...such pretty hats and vanity sets. I can just imagine the fun you had finding them. Thanks for the info. about the little biscuit jar too. Girl, I know what you mean about having to sell some of what you find...I always want to keep everything, but I have hard any more room...but then I always find another spot to put something! LOL! I hope you have a great rest of the week, and find more fun treasures tomorrow!
Big Hugs,
Queenie
P.S. I sure hope and pray Pearl gets well...I have thought about her alot.

Mildred said...

How fortunate you were - I love it all but especially the china - that is my passion!!!

Cheri Peoples said...

I am starting a NEW Mr. Linky party. It will begin on Aug 10th so everyone will have a week and a half to think about their first post. I have a poll up for votes on which button should be the new button. The "party" is called The Knock Off Knock Out-where THRIFTY meets creative sensation. Go over and learn more about the new weekly event and I would appreciate if you would cast your vote and HELP pick the new button design and its the last week for the July GIVE-A-Way, if you would like to be a part of that event..
Cheri

Twyla and Lindsey said...

How did I miss this post?! I'm so glad I checked in today! Your finds are amazing. You are the estate sale Queen, no doubt! I love the bird cage and those dishes! Everything is fantastic! Twyla

goldenbird said...

Hi Deb! Just want to let you know I gave you an award on my blog today. No obligation to pass it on, post about it, or anything like that if you don't want to. :-)

Joy said...

I am glad you reminded us about the pumpkins. I need to get to my dollar store before they are all gone. The picture does remind me of your sweet puppy. Have a great weekend!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That is such a cute Santa tin!!
And sweet birdcage! Sorry about your birdie Fritz. :(
I wanted to tell you that I shared the beautiful bluebird cards you sent to me, in today's post!
:)
Thanks again for being so thoughtful!
~Becca~

bee'nme said...

Girl, you sure live up to your blog name - awesome finds all around!! Nice dishes...and I love the retro aqua canisters...so cute!! It's all wonderful...I'm happy for you that you are making some $$ to keep the pipeline going...but mostly, you're having fun...and that's hard to beat!

Happy hunting this weekend!!

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky S.