Saturday, July 4, 2009

So Far this Weekend....

While I haven't joined the Pink Saturday post.....I thought I would still show you my little pink bowls that I have. I bake with glass ware as I feel that the cakes and such bake better in glass. I had a set of 3 nesting bowls...broke the middle one, so I'm looking for a replacement. I call this pattern "Dog Wood"...or you could call it "Pink Blossoms"...I should look it up one of these days. The large solid pink bowl is the one I make cookies in!!!
On the milkweed plant in the front garden are FOUR of these little cute guys. I hope they stay and become beautiful butterflies...


Above and below are the few items found today at the estate sale. It's a quiet weekend for sales...

Love the iron decorations. They have little acorns on them and 1 of them will have to stay with me. The cup and saucer are so pretty ...can you see the blue and pink flowers and the Christmas plate is a Johnson Brothers one and that will go to the shop for Christmas.



Had to stop at Trader Joe's for some snacks....my favorite candy shop was closed yesterday and today...so I'll "have" to eat these yummy chocolates instead and of course the "puppies" had to have a treat today too!! We went there after the estate sale.





Yesterday hubby and I went to the "Trader's Market" which is like a flea market and it's outside and I found treasures in the Dollar Boxes....love that!!! The black checkered table cloth with 4 little napkins...$1.00...and there isn't anything wrong with it...It was a very nice day to walk around and look at the treasure's folks were selling.











These are my cards for the monthly swap at the local scrapbook store. The theme is "Get Well or Sympathy"...I made these little birdies as get well cards. The swap is on Thursday so I am already for that.
I hope you are all enjoying this 4th of July weekend...it is a nice relaxing one for us.
Warmly,
Deb :)

22 comments:

Emily said...

I love the dishes you collect! They are soo girlie and pretty!!

Happy 4th of July!!
Emily

The Tattered Cottage said...

Deb -
Great finds!! I Love the dishes, they are so pretty! But I really LOVE the iron decorations....they would be perfect in my living room. If I lived closer they would be in danger of becoming MIA . . LOL :)
WOW! that darling black & white table cloth and napkins were only $1 !?! My kind of shopping.
Happy Fourth!!
Toni

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Looks like you made some great buys

Theresa said...

Everything is just beautiful! Happy 4th of July!

goldenbird said...

Love those pink dogwood bowls, so pretty! I have a Trader Joe's within walking distance of where I live and it's my favorite store for grocery shopping ... I'm not much of a cook, so I often buy their frozen food, and they have a great nut selection, too. Looks like you found some lovely things while you were out hunting :-)

AngelMc said...

ohhh those dogwood bowls are very sweet. you really scored some great treasures.
i'll be posting my auction finds soon. so come back and check me out.

Karyn - (French Charming) said...

Lovely dishes and I'm drooling over those iron decorations! I LOVE Traders Joes, isn't it the best?!

Eclectic Pink Rose said...

Ooooh, such pretty bowls. I adore them!!!
♥ Teresa

Brenda Eason said...

Love your bowls. Never seen this pattern.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Deb!

You find the most fabulous things girl! I need to go to those sales with you!! The Longerberger Baskets were the deal of the summer.

Your blue & white plates are lovely. The blue bird plate is so sweet. Love how you framed your window with the b&w plates!

Happy 4th! Hugs, Sherry

Brenda said...

What pretty treasures! Love the table cloth, napkins and hankies!
Brenda

Linda said...

Your glass bowls are so pretty....love them, you hardly ever see these.

You found some great goodies....the Christmas plate is wonderful and all the sweet hankies...especially the two Christmas ones....can you tell I love Christmas? hugs, Linda

*Noelle* said...

oh, i just love those hankies! i like to use them as doilies!!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I adore the cards. I want one!! LOL. Have a great week..m.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I had no idea that you had that collection of Fire King! I don't see it very often around here, but when I do, I am just in awe of it, it is so pretty. Now, when I see a piece I will think of you! Like I always say, You find the best stuff! Have a great day! Twyla

Kim's Treasures said...

Love your bakeware! You found some good things again!

Barb said...

Deb,
Love your little cards.
I'm liking those scrolly things. Might have to find me a stamp.
And you know how i love little birds!!
Great job.

thanks for coming by and leaving a note about my nests.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

A.Marie said...

Hi there! I found your blog when I was over at another blog reading comments, so I thought I'd come over! I love, love, love your pictures of your "finds;" I also love to garage sale, shop at thrift stores, estate auctions, etc. I volunteer at my small-town's .99 store (all proft goes to charity) and I am always amazed at the great deals that I can get! :)

It is definitely the Thrill of the Hunt! :)

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ ooooo, I love those dishes...well I love any thing pink!

I wish we had more flea markets and estate sales by us. Slim pickins these days!

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Tootsie said...

those dishes are the girliest and the cutest!!! thanks for the visit...are those the dishes you are bringing for the pool party??? lol
I'd just take you...you don't need to bring anything...how much fun would that be???

Rachel said...

Hello! I'm in your new ATC swap group so I thought I'm come on over and visit. Are those Jack Russells in your picture? I have 2 ~ come over to my blog and have a look!

Take care,
Rachel

Janet, said...

I just love your pink bowls and your hankies!