Friday, August 14, 2009

Hot & Humid,Thursday's finds, Bee Happy!!!


My love for taking photos of the bees continues....Enjoy the weekend..."BEE HAPPY"!!!
Here is the white pumpkin....just a tiny little guy! I haven't seen any other white ones.

Here is one of two orange pumpkins growing in the patch.


Yesterday I stopped at 2 garages sales. Nothing at the first one...and these treasures from the 2nd one. It was a sweet little old lady who was selling some of her things. We chatted a bit and she told me that she "Loves Roses" and since she didn't entertain like she used to...she is selling some of her antiques. The sweet creamer and sugar...$2.00...perfect shape too!!!



she made doilies and they were only 25 cents each....I only bought this one. I like the fluffy green trim :) and I had to buy the hankies...also 25 cents each. I was a little sad thinking that she was "giving away" her lovely antiques...




This pressed glass, footed bowl is AWESOME.....LOVE IT!!! No chips or dings...it is lovely.

It is HOT & HUMID here and the sweat was just DRIPPING off of me...YUK!!! Does that count for exercise!!! and Shouldn't I be "thinner" after sweating like that .... LOL ...
Today we went to 1 estate sale and I will show those treasures when I post next...I think we are going to a sale tomorrow.
I am SO thankful for AC!!! My son builds houses and I try not to worry when he is laboring outside in this weather. He has a great tan....speaking of my son...he will be 30 Years Old on the 30th of this Month...it's his "Golden Birthday"....and he is thinking about going sky diving and I may also do it!!! We have to check out a place to go and see how much it will cost and that could be a factor to my going. I'll watch for sure...
Keep Cool and "BE" HAPPY and "BE" THANKFUL!!!
Deb :)

21 comments:

Theresa said...

I will post a little creamer I bought today at an estate sale in my post tomorrow. I also have a crocheted doiley similar with the colorful fluffy edges, beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend too!

goldenbird said...

Oh my gosh. Are you really going to sky dive? Wow! You're awesome. Happy birthday to your son-- we share the same birth date, but I am 13 years older.

You picked up some gorgeous rose treasures at the garage sale. The doilies are sweet.

Drink lots of water and say cool ...

Susan @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Hi Deb. I am so glad I found your blog. I love your finds. I am convinced that the mid-west has the best tag sales. Here in California our sales are so, so. Don't get me wrong there are some great bargains but it just seems what I really go crazy for are just not to be found around here. I love vintage textiles, old postcards, vintage laces, doilies and many other things like that. It is very rare that I come across these things. Now if I can just keep that little twinge of jealousy from creeping over me when I see your finds! Just kidding.
Happy Yard Saling tomorrow!
Sue

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What great finds! How come I can never find anything like that around here? Grr. lol!
Happy Birthday to your son. I hope he enjoys his special day! You too!

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Your creamer and sugar set is GORGEOUS! What a great deal! Love all your other new treasures as well. Happy Birthday to your son...Skydiving...you are one adventurous lady! Have a fabulous weekend.

Judy said...

I have a pitcher very similar to yours. How sad she was getting rid of her beautiful items. What a steal for you though. And skydiving!!! I love it. I wish we were closer because I'd come an go with you. I think it would be totally awesome!
Stay cool! I won't tell you it is going to be mid 80 tomorrow and mid 70 on Sunday. Whoops I just did!!

Kim's Treasures said...

You got lucky on your finds! Very nice!!!

Thank you for the sympathy card!!! That was so sweet of you!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Kim

*Noelle* said...

very pretty cream and saucer!!

i loved seeing those pumpkins; fall is on its way... yay!!

i love fall, it is my FAVE season!

Barb said...

$2.00 for the creamer and sugar? What a deal! You find such pretty things!

Linda said...

What a precious little creamer set....I couldn't pass the hankies up either....I love them and carry one in my purse always...have a beautiful weekend. hugs, Linda

Denise said...

What lovely goodies you found!

XXDenise

Margaret Cloud said...

Again your finds seem to out due themselves every time you find something. Be careful with that skydiving, it scares me to think of you doing it. Tell your son happy birthday. Looks like your weekend is going great.

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Oh Deb I wish I could go with you when you go skydiving- my DH thinks I am crazy but I have always wanted to do that!

I read several of Alexandra Stoddards books and am working on the Nesting is a Chick Thing. Another friend suggested Nell's Hills decorating books and 5 of those came in the library before anything else so I spent most of my time on those. They are fabulous!! She has some great ideas and her vignettes are awesome! I love the way Alexandra writes and seems to be more of atmosphere than having the decor just right- I think that is really important- the decor can be to the T but if there is tension in the home- who wants to be there!!?

Love that sweet cream and sugar you picked up!!

blessings
mary

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I read my guidepost through today you sent me. I so enjoyed it. Have a great weekend...m.

Dogwood said...

Beautiful lady~you have been tagged by me. Dogwood

Jacque said...

It's sad when little old ladies have to get rid of "their stuff". Makes you want to just give 'em a big old hug and kiss!!

Looks like you are a savvy garage sale shopper. You find good things!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

You find the sweetest things! Love the sugar and creamer! It reminds me of one I have of my grandmother's. It's been hot here too!!

The Queen of Clearance said...

it is hot and yucky here too! I love that pressed glass bowl! That is a great find! Just stumbled across your blog today! I love it! Im a new follower now!

Brenda said...

Yes, it is kind of sad. And think how much work went into those doilies! My kids are going to be 31 and 35 in November, both girls. Yep, sure is hot and humid here too!
Brenda

Charmingdesigns said...

N i c e goodies!!!! sky diving....ummm NOT for me.lol

Janet, said...

I can't believe you only bought one doily. I would never jump from a perfectly good airplane, as a matter of fact I would never go up in a perfectly good plane. I'm afraid of flying, too. Have fun if you do.