Friday, August 28, 2009

Living Room and Fall Decor

It's feeling like Fall around my house!!! and the weather is too!!!
See the cute pumpkins on the right...Twyla makes them :) from Two Crazy Crafters...you can contact her as she sells them :) I'll be tweaking the mantle as the season comes get in full "bloom"...

The autumn sign was a recent purchase at Home Goods and the candle stick holders with pumpkins on them from a garage sale and I think 3.00 for all. I was going to sell them...but they like their new home on the mantle.


Finally...the whole living room for you to see. On this end, above, is the fireplace and the bookcases that we bought for each side of the fireplace. You can see, on the right a door to the sun room. At some point will will get a new fireplace insert in black. This fireplace burns wood. On the left side is where the Christmas tree will go. I'll have to put the desk and picture on the wall in the quest room. The cord on the floor is to a floor fan...oops I didn't think it would be in the photo.








I am able to show you the whole living room...at last...and some of the fall decor that I have put up. Now that you can see the entire living room...what do you think??
Busy weekend...Son's 30Th birthday on Sunday the 30Th...guess no skydiving...too expensive at this time... I'm fixing his favorite dinner on Sunday...BBQ Ribs, mashed potatoes and gravy and apple pie. Sure glad that it won't be hot... later we are going to the car races at a local track. They are having figure 8's and bus races...it's great watching that.
Saturday 1 estate sale and then home to get groceries for Sunday and a little cleaning. I'll post about our day at the Fair...which was much fun with Kailee and hubby. I'll also show you the awesome stash of valentines we bought today and any other treasures that come our way.
Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!
Warmly,
Deb
P.S. Thanks for all your input for the living room!! I am working on the chandelier this weekend also and appreciate your help on that too!!! Blogger Buddies ROCK!!!

27 comments:

The Queen of Clearance said...

Love the room! It is looking great! I want to put my halloween decor. up but my famiyl things Im nuts...so Im going to wait until oct 1st. I think I might have to find some "Fall" decors so I can decorate early like you!

blushing rose said...

I still continue to love everything. Chandelier you say? Ohhhh, dying to see it. TTFN ~Marydon

Theresa said...

Mantle looks great as does the entire room! I am not putting up my fall decorations yet but did just redecorate my mantle and will have to share it with you all! Have a blessed day!

Kim's Treasures said...

Your living room is looking nice! Love the pumpkins! It's feeling like fall here too!

Happy birthday to your son! Have a great birthday weekend!

goldenbird said...

I like those fiber pumpkins by Twyla. Are they crocheted? Very cute. Fun seeing more of your home; it looks great. Happy Autumn to you! That dinner you are cooking for your son sounds so delicious. Hope you have a great weekend, Deb.

goldenbird said...

Deb, I forgot to mention I LOVE your new header. Oh, that puppy is so cute!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks for showing my pumpkins. I'm so glad you like them. It seems like no time ago that I was making them. How could a year have gone by already? Your living room does look so pretty. I know you are going to enjoy your fall decor. Have a beautiful weekend and happy birthday to your son! Twyla

BittersweetPunkin said...

I'm getting ready to bring out all my fall decor too....I'd like to get it all in place before school starts here next week.

Fall is my all time favorite time of year...love it!
Hugs,
Robin

Dogwood said...

That new fall banner is way too cute! You living room looks so nice. I love all you "fallness" in the room. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. Have a nice weekend. Dogwood

Rosie said...

Your fall decor is so pretty! BTW, did you realize that your son will be celebrating his "Golden" birthday?? 30yrs on the 30th! My son celebrated his this year...16 on the 16th! We showered him with all manner of "golden" gifts from gold Hershey kisses to golden guitar picks! FUN!
rosie

*Noelle* said...

looks so festive and fun! i love fall and cannot wait to put my things out:) how have you been? haven't been by to see ya in a while!! school year just started and i already am ready to fall over!!

i SO wish we had a Home Goods here; i hear so many gals talk about it:(

LillyB said...

Hey sister! You've been busy!!! I have to go find all of my decorations from the shed LOL i wonder if it will cool down soon. I am so ready for some fall weather. I never realized how I take each season for granted until now... Love Love Love your decorations!!
Love Lilly

Linda said...

Deb...your new header is the cuteset..I love it!

Your living room looks so nice, the mantel pieces are putting me so in the mood to decorate...but it still feels like summer here with 100+ temps. Can't wait for the leaves to change...hugs, Linda

jaz said...

love all your finds and decorations! i have been finding some nice things recently. i am decorating already too!!!!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love, love your new header...have a great weekend..m..

BittersweetPunkin said...

I'm decorating for Fall too...I am going to drag out all my stuff from the garage and get busy!

Your things look lovely:)
Hugs,
Robin

Joy said...

Love that sign and your decorations look great!

Joy said...

Oh I forgot to say I love your blog banner.

Judy said...

I love your room and all your fall decorations. Seems fall is in blogland this week. I'm waiting until next weekend to do mine. I'm taking a couple of extra days off work so I have a 5 day weekend coming up. I can hardly wait.

~~Carol~~ said...

I love all of your fall decor! I'm kind of itching to decorate, but I always keep the patriotic stuff up until after 9/ll. Love that picture in your header!

Queenie said...

Hey Deb!
Your living room is gorgeous! I enlarged the photos and I love your furniture and that rug.(I'd love to take a peek inside that large curio!) I love the color of your walls too....what color of green paint is that? Your fall decor looks so pretty too...lucky you...getting the nice fall weather already! I hope you have a great day! Thanks for always being such an inspiration!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Protector of Vintage said...

Your home looks very lovely and the banner is very cute!! Have a nice day~

Robin said...

Wow you are really head of the game. I'm impressed. Great job on your fall decorations they are wonderful. Oh, and I love your blog banner - adorable.!

Michele said...

Love it Sis! I put mine out too this weekend. Guess I should take pics!!! I just haven't had any energy to do a whole lot and my kitchen is a disaster area because that's where I'm doing all my crafts. Don't know where we'll eat Thanksgiving dinner..lol!

Hugz,
Lil Sis!

Jacque said...

GSG, I truly do love my PIF gifts! I already have some ideas in mind on what to do with some of them. My mind is always full of a new craft idea--so many ideas--so little time!!

Thanks for visiting today. I hope I did your PIF gifts justice on my blog post. My camera isn't the best in the world...

Talk to you later...

Janet, said...

I love your fall decor. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I start putting mine up, still too busy with everything else.

rosechicfriends said...

Hi Deb...I think your Living Room looks very cozy and inviting! I have always wanted a display case like the one you have! I have been puttering in my kitchen and have things all over..but I do have a few neat things I am working on that I am going to blog about!

Hugs..Lorena