Sunday, August 2, 2009

OH, SNAP!!!! Tagged and Award

I forgot...I have posted 203 posts..... Some days I'm just a little too "busy" for my own good....
Stacy from http://goldenbirdknits.blogspot.com/ has given me this Sweet Little Award :) Thank you Stacy...I think she would enjoy meeting new bloggers...



and a couple of weeks ago, Joyce from http://justifiedjourney.blogspot.com/ tagged me with 10 Things about me...she would also enjoy meeting new bloggers.
So...here are 10 things:
1. I feel that I'm addicted to estate sales, garage sales and thrift store and may need an intervention...SOON!!
2. Fall is my favorite season. I love the smell, the coolness of the air and the beautiful leaves.
3. I'm only 5' 3" tall , however I wear my hair a little "puffy" on top...SO...I look MUCH taller!
4. I don't let ANY hair stylist cut my BANGS!!! The first photo explains everything!!! :)
5. While I love Pink...I think my favorite color is Blue....
6. I wear LOTS of Black colored clothes. When I was a "Beauty Advisor" we had to wear black and white... it's easy and looks nice!
7. I was a "Beauty Advisor and LOVED that Job. I have also sold Real Estate and that is where I met my hubby!!! and that is SOME story!! ( He Nerd...me Not Nerd...me Married Nerd!) and that counts as number 8
9. My 2 children are from my first marriage. Hubby has 2 children from his first marriage.
10. Being a step-parent was a HARD job...and a few times I wanted out...
SO...You know that I don't pick gals ...SO...feel free to take the Award and Tag...It's Fun and FREE!!!
Almost finished cleaning up the family room this weekend...still need to vacuum the entire house so that's the plan for tomorrow..unless something else comes up...
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend...the weather is wonderful here. Friday and Saturday it was in the low 70's and today low 80's...and just a tad humid...we really need rain...and I can see that we are going to have PUMPKINS!!!! I better take some photos of them...
Warmly,
Deb :)

Sorry...about that Joyce..I fixed the link over to you!!

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha, I think you may be my long-lost sister or cousin or something, Deb. #2, #3, #6 - yep!

Love that photo of you! So cute!!!

goldenbird said...

Hmmm ... me and you and Rachel and Dogwood sure have lots in common. Numbers 2, 4, 5 and 6 for me! I don't let anyone touch my bangs because I have a gigantic forehead and can't stand how it looks with the teeny tiny bangs I always seem to end up with. It seems like most of my pants are black. And I'm a little taller than you, but I have the puffy hair thing going on. That was a fun post, Deb. The picture of you made me smile.

blushing rose said...

Always fun to learn more about another blogger. Please tell Joyce that that link isn't connecting us to her. She may write me at ~
blushing_rose_boutique@yahoo.com so I can yak at her for her connection.
TTFN ~Marydon

Linda said...

Hi Deb...I love the picture..you are so cute and I love meme's too. It was fun getting to know a little more about you... we have #'s 1&2 in common..hugs, Linda

*Noelle* said...

what fun things to learn about you!! nerd... lol!! that was cute;)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh! I love that picture of you! How cute you were! I like your short bangs! I loved reading this tidbits about you! Twyla

misselaineous said...

Cool post. You know that every little girl in the US, Maybe even the whole world, at one time or another, has had the "Whoops...they shrunk" bangs. It's a rite of passage!! Teeheee. Actually I think our stylists (dear Mom) could only get us to sit still long enough for one quick whack with the scissors! I have a pic on my puter as we speak, of my darlin' 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, Alexandria, with the same bangs!!! Have a great week...cool on the 203 posts. I've been doing this for 2 years, and haven't quite reached 100...& my hubby says I talk too much...I don't know about that. :o} *elaine*

Theresa said...

I also am addicted to Estate Sales and Antique Shops, Bangs must be done MY way, I am also a step-parent (WAS HARD when they were younger and had to deal with the EX) I am only 5', I wear a lot of black and white and worked for BellSouth for 30years-retired in 2002. Just a bit about me:) Have a blessed day!

roseylittlethings said...

Congrats on over 200 posts! I to have a junk addiction!

Queenie said...

Congrats on your awards...you deserve it sweetie!
I enjoyed reading the tag...where do you reckon we can get some intervention for our addiction to yard sales, and estate sales!? Oh, those tags are always so much fun to read.
By the way...I am only 5' 1" tall...we are almost the same height...almost! LOL! I hope you have a great day! I'm off to see what else i missed on your blog posts...
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Tammy said...

I've seen your blog listed here and there throughout Blogland and thought I would stop by. Congrats on the award and for filling out the tag as it helps me to know you better!

Have a Happy DAy!☼

Joyce said...

I loved reading your honesty, Deb! I so agree with the bangs and I'm short stuff too at 5'2" and I've always loved my height.

Your weather sounds delightful! I love Florida, but I'm sick of the humidity and do miss Fall as you described it. Ah, how sweet!!

Claire said...

So nice to learn more things about you! Congrats on the award...happy blogging!

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Deb,
It's so nice to meet you! I really appreciate the sweet B-day wishes and your kind visit to my blog.
Thank you for following along as well. I'll do the same. You blog is wonderful and I can tell I will be back to visit with you often.

Congrats on your awards! I just met you but I can tell they are well deserved.

Have a blessed day my friend.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

PS "Warmly" is a sweet word isn't
it. I can tell we are going to be good friends. ~Smiles~

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh-h-h--h that picture is so cute of you !!
And you are IN on play it forward ! BJ couldn't play so you got her place. So put that logo on your blog and get to work girl , LOL .! oh and send me your snail mail addie. My email addie is on my blog.

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Great reading more about you! Such a cute picture but know what you mean about bangs- it's cute when you're little but now....
Black is one of my favorite colors to wear to- have tons of black, white, and red clothes-

We did close on the house though we had to put in a new septic tank at $3200! ouch! We did meet the lady that we are owner financing the house for and she does seem very nice and she is so excited about this house!

I am doing so much better though I still have little energy and today I started having some kind of rash or something in my eyes. I don't know if this is something with all the junk making it's way out of my system or if it's just a random thing- oh they itch! But I am back on my 2 feet and hope to get some decorating done plus we have a huge trailer full of furniture and things to unload!

Blessings
mary

rosechicfriends said...

Hi Deb,
You are just darling in that pix..I have pix like that to...I don't know if I did it..but I do know I gave my sis's a few cuts...normal just before a professional would be coming to our home! lol

I see we are friends in FACEBOOK!

Hugs...lorena

Judy said...

Cute post, I loved learning more about you. Oh an by the way, the key is under the door mat so if you would please come over and vacuum my house I'd really appreciate it. Thanks you Deb, I know you are on the way over.

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
I love learning more about you. My favorite season is fall too, it is just the most beautiful and peaceful and amzing time of year to me.
Hugs,
Kathy