Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fun at the Fair & Getting Ready for my GARAGE SALE!!!

The Minnesota State Fair is a great event. It's 12 days long!!! There are so many attractions to see and do. We went last Thursday and Kailee went with us. It was fun having her along. Kailee and I went down the Giant Glide..that was FUN!!!
This is a view from another ride we all went on. The Sky Ride. It crosses over the fair grounds so that you can see all of the fair from the air...

Hubby and I ALWAYS get a cream puff. They even have chocolate cream puffs and that is what I had...




YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hubby with his cream puff...there is NO sharing a cream puff...I wanted to share, but no one else did....so I "suffered" through and ate all of mine...I spared you a photo...
We were at the fair for 6 hours and we didn't even see everything....Kailee went on some rides at the kiddie ride park. We all went on the Ferris wheel and that was fun...No rocking in the cart!! We also had fresh taffy...banana and black walnut...just a few pieces and I had my yearly corn dog. People watching was AWESOME...and then some... It was a great time.


This is the inside of "my" garage...I have my own garage because hubby didn't want to share the double car garage...Some of the items are for the monthly sale. Some are projects for the monthly sale...SOME are for the garage sale that I am having next Thursday...




This is stuff that is waiting to get priced and taken out to the garage.....






MORE things waiting to get priced to bring out to the garage. Today while I was gathering items to price...Kailee "played" garage sale...she gathered a few things and asked me prices and then"payed" for them...it was very sweet.
So...who wants to come and help me get ready????? The hard part is pricing things...I want to sell them...but I don't want to "give" them away...but I am having a garage sale....but I'm losing money...but it is a "Garage Sale"......
I will be "laboring" for labor day...I hope you all enjoy the long weekend and hope that you have FUN...or RELAX...
Warmly,
Deb :)






24 comments:

goldenbird said...

What a fun grandma you are! That slide looks great. Reading about the fair brought back so many memories. Yum, those cream puffs look GOOD :o)

Don't work too hard this weekend, Deb!

Kim's Treasures said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the fair! Good luck with your sales!!! AND enjoy the long holiday weekend!!!

Rosie said...

You have got your work cut out for you! Good luck on your sale. I'm glad to see that someone else enjoys splurging on Fair Food. Corn DOGS! I like that you make it an annual treat...just make sure it's a foot-long to make it last! :)
rosie

Joyce's Journey said...

You have so many things for your Garage Sale! It will be such fun!! I know they are a lot of work, and the pricing is the worst, but it will all be worth it. People will be very enticed when they see so many goodies!!

We used to take our kids to the fair every year and I loved it for many years, but I'm over it now, and they really would rather go with their friends at this point. Maybe when I am blessed with grandbabies I will see it in a different light. I'm glad you had such a nice time. It sounds like it was fun!!

~~Carol~~ said...

Wow, looks like you're going to have a great sale! I hope you sell every little thing!
Enjoy the weekend, and don't labor too hard!
Carol

linda said...

Aaawww, I love your new header!

Sure looks like you had a great time at the fair! Our county fair is this month also. We haven't been in years but I'm thinking now that the kids aren't home, maybe I'll go to the fair this year and just look around at all of the exhibits...the ones that the kids NEVER would let me walk around in! I'm seriously thinking I may just have to go this year!

Good luck with the garage sale. I never have garage sales because I hate to just give my "junk" away. I'd rather donate it. Pricing, getting up before dawn on the actual garage sale day, dealing with all the people...not my cup of tea.

Dogwood said...

Fun at the fair. Don't you just love going to the fair...the exhibits, food, animals, shows, games and all the rest of it.

Have a great, fun garage sale. Sure wish I could drop by.

*Noelle* said...

what! no elephant ears? lol that is my fave fair food!!

i love those slides too:) have a great yard sale and makes lots of $$!!

noelle ♥

The Queen of Clearance said...

wow! Looks like it is going to be a big garage sale! The fair looked like fun! Love the pic of the messy face!

Cottage Lifestyle said...

Love your header.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I know you guys had lots of fun,,,,smiles..m..

The Tattered Cottage said...

Deb -
You are "The Garage Sale Gal" so this should be easy :) No problem, piece of cake...ok I feel your pain, the sorting, setting up, pricing...yuck. It's more fun to go to a garage sale than have one.
You know if I lived closer, I would be right there helping you...shopping counts as helping, doesn't it??
I will be laboring this weekend also, I have another sale to get ready for.
Wishing you a great sale,
Toni

rosechicfriends said...

Deb!
THANK YOU! I appreciate your B-day well wished!

I LOVE cream puff...I even make them for my family..easy to make..but always better at the fair!

Off for a fun day up in Ponitiac for their Arts, Eats, & Beats in the Street..FUN, FUN, FUN!

I miss the fair I used to go to..in Washintgon!

Hugs..Lorena

Janet, said...

Garage sales are fun, we're fixin' to go to a few right now. I hate the pricing, too. But, I hate going to yard sales where nothing is priced.

Judi said...

Hi there
You had so much fun at the fair. Don't you just love this time of year for them? Kailee looks like she had a good time too....well by the look of those cream puffs I don't think I'd wanna share any either..
thank you for sharing..
have a great long weekend.
Judi

Linda said...

Your day at the fair sounds like so much fun and all the yummy goodies to eat...that is fun to look forward to each year.

Have a great sale...hugs, Linda

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I Love the picture of you on the slide! A grandma that rides rides! Kailee is a lucky girl. It looks like you all had a blast. You've got lots to sell, hope it All goes! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

KatCollects said...

It looks like a very fun day with your family. I hope things go well with your sale.
Hugs,
Kathy

misselaineous said...

Hope your sale was a success! My friend Steph & I will be having one mid October. My boss has graciously agreed to allow us to use her 2 car garage and oak shaded driveway for our sale. Great neighborhood and easy access...can hardly wait! Lots of pricing and purging to be done!! Have a great Sunday *elaine*

Lora said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog~I hope you'll be back!
I've enjoyed my time here. It looks like you had a great time at the fair! I'm looking forward to taking our kiddos to our state fair later this month, too. Good luck with your garage sale!

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

I wanna slide the slide!!! And... have a bite of that cream puff! I am gonna show your garage pics to my hubby in hopes it will ease his pain.... see all of us Junkers have packed gargaes!! Have a great weekend! Janna

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

And I forgot... your blog title pic is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!! Janna

Theresa said...

Fun, Fun, Fun at the Fair! I would love to come help you, but the drive would wear me out:) Have a blessed day and good luck on the sale!!!!!

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

There is nothing quite like a State Fair. They are always fun. And the food is always the best. Deep fried everything! Love it!
Now I want to go down a big slide! It looks like fun!
Take care ~Sue