Thursday, September 17, 2009

JUNK BONANZA & GIFT FROM SHIRL

Before going into the Junk Bonanza...you can purchase pumpkins, gourds and more. I would love to have one of these....this one is a little too big for me. I did see a couple smaller ones.

There were 100 vender's according to the brochure. With all the people there...it was hard to see everything. So many ideas...pillows and totes made from all kinds of old linens. Love those.

Prices were high, medium and my price range...cheap.... Love these colors together.



This tablescape is a giveaway. I did put my name in. Ki, Matthew Mead and a few others each did a place setting from the local thrift store. It is lovely and maybe I'll win...drawing is on the last day...Sunday.

These darling purses are made from vintage books...She will custom make one for you with your favorite book. The price seemed fair...and most under 30.00.




This is what I came home with. I think it was $10.00 or less... BINGO cards were everywhere and priced 50 cents and up...I went for the 50 cent ones. It was very fun and SO much to see...
We were there 3 1/2 hours...didn't stay for the "blogging party"...did see Ki and Matthew there along with someone from the blogging magazine. Not enough time to stay for that. Ki is very tiny!!!












Shirl from Shirl's Rose Cottage send me 3 types of hollyhock seed and this sweet little girl tag. I so Appreciate that Shirl... and I will think of you when they come up next year. THANK YOU!!
What a blessing and how very kind of you.
Just wanted to show you some of the Junk Bonanza because I know you wanted to see it. Didn't take a lot of photos...too crowded.
Have a great weekend...
Warmly,
Deb :)

26 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

WOW!! Those purses made out of books are so neat...m....

Theresa said...

It's the next best thing to being there, thanks for taking the pictures. Looks like you had a great time:) Great gift from your friend! Have a blessed day:)

Janet, said...

Forget the mall, that's the kind of place I like to go. I've made totes and teddy bears before out of the vintage linens. Pillows would be a lot easier, maybe I'll try that. Do you do something with the bingo cards (that is, besides play bingo)?

My Vintage Studio said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Kate Spike and Her KatS said...

Love those black cat cards--this is my favorite time of year mainly because everywhere you look are (1) the word "BOO" and (2) black cats. Favorite because I have a wonderful black cat named Boo!!! What do YOU do with the bingo cards, BTW?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like GREAT fun! I'm glad you found some treasures and met some friends! ENJOY!

Barb said...

Wish I coulda gone! My kinda place.

goldenbird said...

The Junk Bonanza looks like fun, Deb. Hope you have a great weekend!

~~Carol~~ said...

Wow, I think I would have been totally overwhelmed! So much to see, and buy! I'm a big cheapo, so I would have been searching out the bargains! Looks like you had a great time!
Have a great weekend!
Carol

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi,

Nice to meet you. I'm visiting from A Gathering Place. Love these
purses made from books. So cool. Looks like you found a lot of neat stuff.

Debbie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Sounds like my kind of place! Thanks for taking pictures to share! Twyla

roseylittlethings said...

looks like so much fun!!! love what you bought! have a great weekend!!!!

Dogwood said...

Great photos of great stuff. You must live in "junk heaven." I am going to search out some garage sales this weekend.

The Queen of Clearance said...

junk bonanza looks like my heaven :)

Pearl said...

Hi Deb ...
Sure do wish I'd been taggin' along with you at the Junk Bonanza ... looks like it was an Awesome event to attend! Loved your goodies, too ... more of those neat Vintage Trick or Treat bags! Love 'em!!

That was so nice of Shirl to make you a Friendship tag for an out-of-the-blue surprise gift ... those are the best kind, aren't they?

I can't wait to see what you end up doing with all of your wonderful Bingo cards ... Hope your weekend gets off to a wonderful start ... and please pass along a Big Happy Birthday wish to Mr. Garage Sale!

~hugs~
Pearl

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

This looks like such a wonderful place!!! I see lots of great things :) I hope you win the tablescape! Those books are wonderful too!! What a neat idea. How sweet of Shirl!! She makes such pretty tags :)
Hugs,
Amy

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

I just had to tell you, my word verification was VASES! Maybe that means you will have vases of Hollyhocks :):):):)

blushing rose said...

Lovely shopping & finds.

Can you tell me what the fascination of these bingo cards is?

Have a lovely weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Judy said...

I love the Junk Bonanza. How fun would that be. You found some awesome goodies. I love the purses, what a unique idea.

Shirl said...

Hi Deb, thank you so much for stopping by. Looks like a great place to shop! You really got some great finds, what fun it must have been. Your so welcome on the seeds and tag. The "Blue Love in a Mist" are not Hollyhocks, just pretty flowers that I thought you would like and are very easy to grow! I'm so glad that you like the little tag. I loved Amy's comment, how sweet!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Lori said...

that looks like a fun event...thanks for taking us along!!!

Marina Capano said...

What a cute post!

xoxo

Fran. said...

Hi, Deb haven't forgotten you, just been super busy this week! How awesome to have the chance to go see all the cool stuff they have!! Those guys are so talented! I saw a Nancy Drew book in your pic made into a purse! How cool is that! Hope you and your hubby had a great weekend celebrating him! for his b-day! Take care, XO Fran.

Queenie said...

Happy Birthday to Hubby! It looks like y'all had a blast at the junk bonanza! So much fun stuff! I loved seeing it all.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛

Funky Junk Antique Show said...

Love your garage sale finds=)!! I share the passion, and hope to see you at the Junk Bonanza!
Hollie
funkyjunkshow.blogspot.com