Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pay It Forward Gifts, 1st Day of School & Garage Sale

I received this darling Yo-Yo tote and pretty dishcloth/pot holder from Theresa at...
Take A Sentimental Journey this week. I played the Pay It Forward that she had. She made them both and did a wonderful job. THANK YOU THERESA...your gifts really Made My Day. If you haven't ever visited Theresa...you should. She a dear woman and she shares great recipes. I made the apple cake recipe that she recently made...YUMMY!!!

The pumpkins are turning Orange :) all three of them. Guess the white pumpkin seeds didn't take...


Here is Kailee at the DQ after her first day of 1st grade.I asked her what was the best thing that you did today at school? Her answer..."Played outside twice"!!





This is just some of the things that were for sale..the garage and driveway were packed. We did advertise on Craig's list and put up some signs. Mom came and helped too. It was a perfect day for a sale.








The garage sale went well..."made" over $400.00. between all of us.Lots of stuff went...
..however...LOTS of stuff is left and I will be having another garage sale before the "snow flys" !! Now, I REALLY need to think about future purchases. Yes...I can buy items for resell...just need to think about WANT items for me..

Ann from Protector of Vintage and Renee from Cottage Life Style came over on Wednesday night..however they came at different times and didn't get to meet each other.
Today was daughter's 28th birthday and she didn't want a family meal...happy hour instead and that was fine. We went to a new place and it was pretty good. We'll go again. The appetizer's were very good and at a great price.
Hoping you all have a great weekend. The leaves are turning quickly. I heard it's because the trees are stressed from lack of water. Guess we will water the trees this weekend.
Warmly,
Deb :)

14 comments:

Pearl said...

Oooh la la... really do like the yo-yo tote and dishcloth that you got in the PIF exchange... It's always so nice to get some Happy mail, isn't it?
Kailee looks so sweet... love her answer about her favorite part of 1st grade... tee~heeee!
I'm glad you had a pretty day for your sale, and that you made some money... amazing that you still have enough "leftovers" for yet another sale... Oh My!
Wish I'd been at Happy Hour with y'all... sounds like it was Fun!
~hugs~
Pearl

Connie said...

The yo-you tote is adorable but I'd take that sweet face girl any time, sugar! Funnest thing: play outside twice??? Yep, that and LUNCH!
LOL
xoxo,
Connie

Donna Lynn said...

Glad you had a successful garage sale, Don and I sold over $10,000 worth of junk this year on Craigslist, it works like a charm! I am no longer gonna go to garage sales or drag junk home, "just because"! I like being clutter free, it was a big transition for me cause I have had an antiques booth for so many years!

Loved what your grand daughter thought about school, that is always my favorite part, going outside!

Hope all else is well with you! I have been gone from blogland for a while due to my son breaking his leg and subsequent surgery, YUCK! It has been a weird summer...
XO,
Donna Lynn

linda said...

Wow, you have had so much going on these days! Glad to hear that the garage sale was a success. So many women our age are wanting to "declutter." Me included!

Your granddaughter is adorable and hey, who didn't like recess best! So fun for you to be able to take her to DQ on the first day of school. You've started such a fun tradition!

Theresa said...

Congrats on the gift from Theresa and your garage sale! You know I am trying hard to stop buying stuff. I have too much!!!! Love to all and have a blessed day!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad your sale was successful. Sounds like you've had some busy days. I bet you're tired. Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend! Twyla

The Queen of Clearance said...

400 dollars! I always ALWAYS make 60 dollars. everytime. lol. I love the yo yo tote! very cute!

Diva Dee said...

Enjoyed your blog, looks like you had a big sale, it always feels great to let go of things we don't need or want anymore!

Pop over to my brand new blog, everyone has been so nice in blogland!
Hugs Dee

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Thank-you so much for the sweet gifts. I adore them. I really needed them yesterday we spent several hours at the hospital having test. I am javing trouble typing as my computer scren has an internal crack in it. I make be off line for awhile until I can get a new screen....m...

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh you did good girl ! That is a cute little potootie you have there.And I like your tote, wink , wink !!

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

I need to have a profitable garage sale like that soon!

What a sweet answer from Kailee.

Keep having fun blogging Deb! Brook

goldenbird said...

Gosh, Kailee sure looks a lot like her grandma! What a cutie. Glad your garage sale went well ... hopefully you'll unload more stuff at the next one, too!

Queenie said...

Hey Deb!
I am so happy that your garage sale was a hit! $400, wow, that's great! Me and hubby really need to have a garage sale or get to the flea market to sell some stuff very soon. Maybe it will start cooling down, so we can have a sale. Happy 28th B'day, to your daughter...happy hour sounded like a fun b'day celebration too! I hope you have a great week sweetie!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Fran. said...

HI, Deb It was kinda cool seeing my Fall frame on your blog! I love it! and I also love those vintage suitcases! I love to also store items in them and make grubby prim tags to let me know what I have in them!! LOL! That scottie dog pincushion is so sweet!! I love old pin cushions! Glad your sale went so good! Have a good night! XO Fran.