Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Is Almost Here

Bought this sweet Scottie dog at an estate sale and thought he looks perfect under the tree with his little Jack Russell Buddie :) The Scottie dog went to HQ to find a new home.
Kailee picked the reindeer to have painted on her face. Her and Papa waited in line for 1 hour to have this done...of course it was worth the wait and we could have snacks while waiting.

A couple of weeks ago, hubby's early morning job at UPS had their yearly Christmas Party and we took Kailee there. Lots of fun things for little ones. Besides the visit with Santa there was face painting, magic show, a real Pig act, food and prizes. She had a pretty good time.


On Thursday it was our annual decorating of the ginger bread house and Pearl suggested making "cone" trees to go along with the house. Thanks Pearl...don't they look great!!



Of course you have to eat some of the frosting during the decorating process :)




I think this is our best ever ginger bread house :) Last year our house fell apart.






Made a few cards with some of the paper goodies that Elizabeth sent. Thank you Elizabeth. Of course I need to make many more....





Saturday after working at HQ I had to run to see Kailee's performance in the "American Cheer", non-competitive competition...which means everyone wins a trophy and gets a ribbon. It's for ages 4-12 years old. The younger ones were so cute.
Like so many of your gals...it's a very busy time. The weekend has come and gone...and Christmas is 11 days away.
Tonight I was watching Extreme Home Makeover while posting...I cried...it was very touching to see how people help each other. That is what it's about...helping, loving, giving, sharing, praying for each other, putting other's needs before mine. I think those are going to be part of my 2010 goals.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.
PEACE,
LOVE,
JOY,
are my wishes for you.
Warmly,
Deb :)

22 comments:

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

The Gingerbread house turned out so cute. We have never done one and I am not sure why that is because I am always doing a craft project. I must give it a try.
Have a great week!
Sue

Theresa said...

Sweet puppies and Kailee is just a doll! We are all busy but it feels good to be almost done and ready to enjoy Christmas before it comes and goes! Great goals for us all. Have a blessed day:)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You are always giving to others. You have picked me up so many times this year with your acts of kindness....hugs...m.

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

How cute Deb. Kailee is a sweetie. Wishing you and your family lots of holiday cheer!

Blessings,
Brook

Protector of Vintage said...

Looks like you and your family are having a wonderful holiday season!!

kimmcl said...

Hey Deb - you are such a sweet soul. I agree with your sentiments about EHM. And that Kailee is such a Cutie Patootie!

~~Carol~~ said...

Deb, you are always on the run, but Christmastime must be especially crazy for you! The gingerbread house looks fantastic, and it seems you're having a wonderful time!
Merry Christmas!
Carol

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Deb, I always cry watching EHM! It's so funny that we both showed cone trees on our blogs today:) Your gingerbread house turned out great. Kailee's painting turned out so cute on her face. I bet she didn't want to wash it off. I'm so glad you and your family are enjoying the holiday season. Have a merry week! Twyla

Dogwood said...

Your gingerbread house turned out so nice. My daughter and I made a gingerbread house last year and it was the funniest thing we had ever seen. We ate lots and lots of that awful tasting white frosting and had sugar all over the floor.

After the Holidays, I put it out for the bird, squirrels and deer to eat and they did not want any part of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweetness and happiness to you.

goldenbird said...

Kailee looks cute with the reindeer on her face. I've never made a gingerbread house but would like to some day. Have a great week!

Diane said...

Hi Deb, I'm Diane. I love the name of your blog, because that's exactly what I am!! I live in Pennsylvania--very cold right now, and I miss my Sat. morning outings. I'm glad I found your blog!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a sweet post. Love your cards. You are so right, this time of year we do think of giving to others. I'd like to keep that thought throughout the year. Merry Christmas to you!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Deb,the Gingerbread House is darling! I do like the cone trees and eating the frosting as you create is a must do:).
Love Kailee's reindeer, what fun things you are doing, with wonderful memories being made.
Thank you for the sweet wishes, you are wished the same...hugs, Linda

cityfarmer said...

gotta love those kids...all smiles...I'm melting now

bee'nme said...

Hi Deb!

So happy to see all the sweet smiles and fun during this oh-so-hectic season - love the scottie, the face painting, the wonderful cards, and the CUTE gingerbread house! Enjoy all these special memories and cherish them for years to come! Your goals for 2010 sound like ones we all need to reach for! Great post!

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Looks like you all have been having tons of Christmas fun. We made a gingerbread house...once. It was fun, but as I remember it seemed to fall apart the next day. Oh well, have to try I guess!
Debra

Queenie said...

Hey Deb,
That scottie dog is a cutie...I have always had a love for those breed of dogs, they do look good with red too don't they!? Perfect for underneath a Christmas tree. When I think of scottie dogs, I always think of red plaid....they just kinda go together. LOL!

It's just wonderful that you got to share all of the fun events with your granddaughter Kailee....She's a doll, and you and your DH are creating memories for her that will last a lifetime.

By the way...when I watch extreme home makeover, it brings tears to my eyes too...just can't help it. It touches my heart to see them helping people in need.
Those are wonderful goals for 2010 those are the goals that really count... though I do think that you already live up to those goals. You are such a "sweet" heart...you know that? I am so glad I met you... somehow in the big land of blogs. Hope you have a great week!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Sher said...

Kailee made a great choice - I think I would have picked the reindeer, too. If she had both cheeks done would you have gotten to stand in the line twice as long? ; )
Hugs,
Sher

Margaret Cloud said...

That sure is a beautiful Ginger Bread house. I often wondered if you could use pop-tarts to make ginger bread house, the pop-tarts come in all colors and have frosting on them. Your daughter looks so cute with that trophy. Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi Deb, The little scottie dog is so cute! He would have been hard to part with! Kailee's house turned out so cute! She is quite the little artist! And her reindeer face painting is really neat! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

Janet, said...

Looks like you and your family have been having a good time getting ready for Christmas.

Terra said...

Your words are so appropriate to Christmas and to each and every day, sharing, helping, praying.
Kailee is so sweet with the reindeer facepaint.