Monday, December 7, 2009

A Little More Christmas Decor and Swap gifts

J O Y Is my favorite word and more so at Christmas!!! Last year I bought these letters from Brook at The Home That Love Built. She made them and also TEA that is in my china cabinet.
Peeks in the Christmas tree....

Old picture of us "girls" on Santa's lap. My baby sister made this ornament one year for us. I think it's very special.



Sharon at http://myvintagestudio.blogspot.com and I did a one on one swap. She makes many lovely altered paper crafts. She was very generous and sent all of these goodies!!!



She made the lovely altered cabinet card and Christmas tags. She sent many things that I can also create with, along with postcards, awesome house pot holder, Godiva Chocolate...YES it's all gone!!!




Vintage Christmas hanky, valentine, Santa cookie cutter and more...THANK YOU SHARON!!!
Love all the new treasures.
I went to HQ today to get my room ready and the camera's battery was dead...however I will go out Wednesday and bring out the poinsettias' that I'm going to sell and take a couple pics then.
I'm trying to enjoy the season and I hope you are too. Let's slow down and not worry if things don't get done. Let's take one day at a time.
Guess we are going to get some snow tomorrow afternoon. The first snow is so pretty...however us "Minnesotans forget how to drive in the snow"!!!!
I'll be back to show you what we did this weekend...a little fun with Kailee and the
I can't believe we did that" story....
Warmly,
Deb :)

22 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Enjoy your snow tomorrow, Deb. And be careful too! I love your "JOY" letters. They look lovely!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Theresa said...

Great to hear from you:) Love the JOY on your mantel and the JOY in your voice! My favorite ornament is the one your Sister made of you when you were little on Santa's lap!

What a swap you Gals had! You got some serious loot! Great gift!

Be safe in the snow and take care Dear Friend.

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Hee-hee! Funny how chocolates never make it into our pics, huh? ☺
I enjoyed seeing your swap goodies, Deb. We had a santa cookie cutter like that gowing up. ♥

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Deb. Everything in your home is looking lovely and so-o-o- very Christmasy!!!
It's Christmastime so I'm wishing you much joy!

Blessings,
Brook

Linda said...

Morning Deb, your picture ornament is wonderful....what happy memories must come to mind when you look at it.
Oh, so many lovely goodies in your swap...Godiva is a favorite of mine too...enjoy the snow but be safe. hugs, Linda

Kim's Treasures said...

I LOVE your JOY letters! Beautiful!

Thank you for the congrats on my daughter's engagement! I wish my blogging friends could come and help me too!

Have a great day!
Kim

Protector of Vintage said...

Your house is looking very cozy for Christmas. I haven't done any decorating yet!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh I love your JOY letters. They are so decorative and festive. Everything is looking so lovely. And your swap things are wonderful!!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Angie said...

You and your chocolate...heeheee...you make me giggle! I absolutely love the vintage Christmas hankie! I don't have any Chrismtas hankies in my collection..are they hard to find or something..cause I can't seem to find one! Can't wait to hear the story..I am sure it will crack me up! Happy Tuesday!

Hugs ~ Angie

Dogwood said...

You are a lucky winner of some great Holiday goodies.

Thanks for showing us some of your favorite tree decorations.

I also love the word JOY.

Happiness to you.

Joy said...

Very pretty letters! My name is so popular around the holidays. Isn't it great...hehehe. I love all your goodies you got too. Neat swap. Have a great week!

Creative Breathing said...

I just love all of your crocheted toppers. Your mantle one is especially beautiful! Your tree with white poinsettias is fabulous. At first glance of JOY, it looks like blocks of Jello! Look again! So fun. Elizabeth

Sher said...

I love that ornie your sis made! I wish I had a picture of my brother and me like that so I could make one! Things are chilly here in E Tennessee; hope you're keeping warm and cozy!
Hugs,
Sher

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Love the JOY ! How fun to have done the swaps! I am getting ready to mail one off in a few days and it is so fun trying to find things that you hope will just thrill their soul!

blessings
mary

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I sooo love snow...m.

goldenbird said...

I like the JOY letters and that adorable Christmas hanky. Hope you enjoy your snow, Deb, and remember how to drive in it. Yum, Godiva chocolate is wonderful!

cityfarmer said...

I think I love the word Joy just a little, too

you're a sweetie ... proud to call you friend!

love,
Joy

Michele said...

Hi Sis ~ you have the best decorations...I love your "JOY" letters!

I had to laugh at the chocolate...can't believe mine actually made it into the pics of the swap goodies I received from Noelle..I am such a sucker for anything that has to do with chocolate.

Thanks for sending kisses for Liam...I swear, that boy gets so many from me and from his momma! Cassie is nursing him, but she's on the way to the dr. right now...she may have to put him on formula. Poor little guy just didn't have a good night last night.

Hugz,
Lil Sis

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your decorations are so pretty. I love all your swap goodies! Godiva, huh? What a treat! I hope your are taking some time to enjoy your week! Don't worry about the things that don't get done. Twyla

Marydon Ford said...

G'eve Deb ~ I am so glad that you were pleased with your (2) wins. This 'new Deb is as excited as were you.

Love your presentation, as always ... JOY to all, they are lovely.
TTFN ~Marydon

PS Make sure you are on the
http://blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com, the other will be closed down shortly.

Tootsie said...

have fun!!! I love your decor!