Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grandma's Quilts, More Hearts and Cards

I made a few more felt hearts. They are so much fun and easy to make and they do look sweet. My Grandma, on my Mom's side for MANY years made quilts, afghans, doilies and more. She would donate some of her quilts down in Mexico years ago as they traveled in the RV.
This pink rose afghan Grandma made for me before kids....over 30 years ago. The roses are still in perfect shape.

This yellow afghan Grandma made for my first baby and I used it to bring him home in 1979.



Grandma G on left, my Mom in the middle and my Auntie on right. All three of them do handwork. Grandma passed away a few years ago and I am thankful that I have the quilts and afghans to remember her by. Mom and Auntie still do some handwork as I call it. More knitting and embroidery work.



More baby afghans.




Baby quilt.






Lap quilt






Queen size quilt made for me and first hubby as a wedding gift. Some of the fabric is from clothes of mine that my Mom made for me. Mom sewed A LOT when I was young until I married in 1974 to my first husband.




I made a few cards yesterday. I used the sweet gift wrap that I bought at an estate sale last year. The little birdie is so sweet and happy.
While reading my email...I saw a "packed" estate sale and looked at the photos provided and YEP...PACKED...hubby has a cold and we'll see if he wants to go on Saturday to any estate sales.
Almost time for the sale at HQ and I'll be there on Monday to finish getting my room ready and take some photos to show you.
Enjoy the weekend and if you go treasure hunting..I hope you find some great deals :)
Warmly,
Deb :)


17 comments:

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

What a sweet and interesting post Deb! Love all the pretty things!

Blessings,
Brook

goldenbird said...

Oh Deb, you're so fortunate to have all of those beautiful quilts and afghans from your grandmother. They are such wonderful treasures. I have a crocheted afghan my great-grandmother crocheted over 50 years ago and it is in perfect condition. Those ladies knew their handcrafts! Well, now I know where you get your creative talent from-- a long line of crafty women.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Deb, your hearts are so sweet. When I made mine that's all I wanted to do! I was addicted, sounds like you may be too. The handmade items from your grandmother are treasures for sure. Nothing could mean more to us than something lovingly made by a grandmother. I loved seeing the picture. She looked like such a sweet lady. Have a wonderful weekend! Twyla

linda said...

I love all of your blankets and quilts. It's now such a lost art it seems.

Your pink hearts are sooo cute, love them!

Theresa said...

Oh Deb, it takes so much time to make those precious quilts and blankets. I am happy you have them and they are in perfect shape. Love the picture with your Grandma in it:) Cards are sooooo pretty. I wanna go to the packed estate sale:( Wish I could just say, "I'll pick you up" Have a blessed day and stay warm!

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Hi, Deb! I've never seen a roses afghan like those1 How sweet!

Your cards are so sweet! Did you have any trouble with the wrapping paper "bubling"? I love your heart border! I've never seen a border like that. I'm loving my lace paper punch! ♥

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...good to have company...the quilts are precious.....nothing like memories from grandma.....charming post, Dianne

kanishk said...

Well, now I know where you get your creative talent from-- a long line of crafty women.
short sale software

KatCollects said...

Hi Deb,
I love the sweet picture of your Mom, Grandma and Aunt. And your hearts are adorable. I hope you are doing well.
Hugs,
Kathy

Linda said...

Your afghans and quilts are wonderul! They are all so pretty and made with love... I especially like the pink and yellow ones from your Grandma. What happy memories they carry.

Have good luck at the estate sale....hugs, Linda

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love these they are so pretty. I wish you all a blessed weekend...m.

melanie's all my favorite things said...

I still have my grandmas afghan...just love yours! We are sooo very lucky!

Blanket America said...

I love the one done by your grandmother with roses in it...the afghans really look very nice and it truly was kept in good condition.

patchwork

Cathy said...

Hi Deb,

Oh my, I just adore those felt hearts. Valentine's Day is so awesome isn't it.

xo Cathy

Joy said...

What pretties! I love the cards, valentine felt hearts and the beautiful afghans. Have a fun weekend!

Rosie said...

What beautiful quilts to remember your loved ones by. What sweet memories are "wrapped up" in the blankets you brought your babies home in! You are a blessed woman.
rosie

chenlina said...

chenlina20160706
air jordans
oakley canada
asics outlet
air jordan 8
hollister outlet
michael kors outlet
adidas shoes
toms outlet
fitflops sale clearance
louis vuitton outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
jordan 4
rolex watches
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors purses
adidas yeezy 350
louis vuitton handbags
pandora jewelry
oakley vault
ray ban wayfarer
nike uk
louis vuitton outlet
jordan shoes
cheap jordans
hollister clothing
oakley sunglasses
tod's shoes
coach factory outlet
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
fitflop sandals
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
replica watches
ralph lauren uk
lebron shoes
giuseppe zanotti
michael kors outlet online sale
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
as