Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Garage Sale, Swap Goodies and More!!!

The first Garage sale sign I saw was on Wednesday and I bought the oval mirror, shell pictures, and birdies...the rest are from a thrift store. Slim pickings...however it was a THRILL to finally go to an garage sale!!!

Sharon from My Vintage Studio and I had a Easter/Tussie swap. It was the first tussie that I have made. Sharon sent all these treasures...WOW...The Lindt chocolate bunny was DELICIOUS...I just can't save chocolate. I did share the Lindt eggs with Kailee...
Her tussie is just lovely...well....it's mine now..my camera doesn't show how lovely it is!



A one 0f a kind Easter bunny named June was also gifted to my by Sharon! She is hand painted and embellished! Isn't she just darling?!! THANK YOU SHARON!!! You can visit her blog http://myvintagestudio.blogspot to see the tussie I made for her.
I also received one of the Easter baskets from Miss Rhea's swap and will show it when the other one arrives.


Kailee's 7th Birthday cake :) Yes...she is a "princess"...Grandma's princess. This is the dress Kailee wore for the wedding she was in last October.




A little birdie project...copied from blogland.."tweet" ~ huh?!! Cloche Birdies! Easy ~ peasey to make.








Pretty afghan on my sofa. Just playing around with the camera. Some of the pics are shaded in
pink....so I have to take a FEW for a couple to look right. I did rearrange the living room on Thursday with Kailee's help!
Worked today at How Quaint! Busy with shoppers and tomorrow I will also work. I plan on re-stocking before I start my shift. Sunday's came be very good days.
Thursday the temp was in the mid 60's...just awesome and I'm hoping next week will be just as nice.
Warmly,
Deb :)

26 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Garage sales aren't in full swing here yet, but won't be long!
:)
Nice finds!
~Becca~

Linda said...

I can hardly wait until I can start going to garage sales again! Love the tussies you and Sharon made...I recently purchased some of her gift tags...so charming! Hope your sale is going well...we have been busy and I am tired!

Theresa said...

Looks like lots of fun and good treasures! Great swap, love your tussie and other sweet gifts. That bunny is precious!

I just love that sweet Kailee in her princess dress. What a sweetheart.

Enjoy your Sunday at HQ! Hope it is a good one and you make lots of $$$$$! Hugs from Georgia!

Terra said...

You found some lovely treasures, and I like the bird cloches you made and the tussie. Your grand daughter is a pretty princess.
It is garage sale season here too.

The Tattered Cottage said...

Happy Birthday sweet Kailee!! Lucky you to find a yardsale that had a couple of treasures. I can hardly wait to start treasure hunting again. I love the cloche birdies you made :) Have a great weekend.
Toni

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Deb, I've seen a few garage sale signs myself and just haven't had the time to stop. Do you KNOW how hard that is?! Kailee looks so sweet and beautiful. She is a princess. Happy Birthday wishes to her! The afghan on your couch looks nice;) Have a great Sunday! Twyla

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

i love your yard/garage sale finds!!!!

can't wait to start going out hunting myself!

ciao bella
carmelina

KATHY said...

Hi, i love the mirrors!! You bought some great things.I went to a few moving sales this weekend..Kathy

Lyneen said...

What a wonderful weekend for you.... all the great finds! your Tussie Mussie and all. Looks like you are having so much fun!!!

Dogwood said...

Very pretty oval mirror. looks like some fun swaps. Darling photo of your Princess.

Have a nice afternoon.

Lisa said...

What great stuff! I do so love it all!
Hugs, Lisa

Karen said...

At least you got to get your feet wet with a 2010 garage sale. It's like hummingbirds, good to see them come back!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

You found some wonderful things. Garage sales will be everywhere very soon. Love the tussie.

Barb ♥

Uncovered Ruby said...

Hi Deb,
I can totally relate to the thrill of going to the first garage sale of the season..even if I don't find anything, it's knowing that our hunting time is soon approaching!!
Lisa :-)

~~Carol~~ said...

Wow Deb, this post was action-packed!
Happy Birthday to sweet Kailee! I hope she had a fun day.
I'm happy for you that you went to your first garage sale of the season! Two estate sales for me to go to this coming Friday. WooHoo!
Love the bird cloche idea, and thanks for sharing it!
Happy Monday!
Carol

Queenie said...

Happy B'day to Kailee!
Loved seeing your garage sale finds and estate sale finds too...you did good! I know you had a blast too :) What a deal on the spongeware...I know it will look so pretty in your blue kitchen! :) The weather has been feeling like spring here too, and I love it!
Hope you have a great week!
Big hugs,
Queenie

Sherri @ Design2Shine said...

Great finds! Ready for the yard sales around here to kick back in. Stopped at 2 this weekend, but no finds. Just my recent Goodwill scores to post about...purses!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love the things Sharon sent you and you sent her. You both two special people...m...

Sweet Old Vintage said...

No sales here yet. Too cold but mine will be filled with tons of little treasures....

Marydon Ford said...

How adorable little Miss Km Happy Birthday sweetie.

You did right good at the yard sale, love the mirror.

Happy spring!
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN~ Hugs, Marydon

Jane said...

I'm hoping to see the garage sale signs out soon. I know what you mean about slim pickings at the thrift stores lately.
I love your little bird cloches.
Jane

Together We Save said...

Wow - great finds.

Charlotte said...

I went yard saling Saturday for the first time this year. Check out my blog and see all that I found.

Gracefully Vintage said...

Hey there, thanks for visiting and following, totally made my day..Love the Dome lids with birdies on top.SO Cute... Cute grandaughter (Arn't we all Princesses).. Love the pic's of the finds..I just got 2 chairs, and a coat holder -im going to fix up..I love it..
My heart pitter pats as i pull into the parking lot of a thrift store..
karryann

Margaret Cloud said...

I can't wait for them to start here. At least tomorrow I can go to an estate sale, yipee. Your things are so lovely/ I enlarged the Tussie and it is so beautiful and the Bunny is very nice. Thank you for taking the time to come by and comment.

Janet, said...

I'm looking forward to garage sales, too. But I need to have one worse than I need to go to one.